Brush Storage

Make-up and brush storage
Kay

Re: Brush Storage

Postby Kay » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:58 am

Wow, you are right, Bea! Just saw one like it on the Artisan and Artist website. Would also like to know where to get it easily here in the USA.

gatos

Postby gatos » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:03 am

Kay, if you don't mind asking Tommy, you could easily get it from amazon japan here. They also have other styles there too.

Kay

Postby Kay » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:09 am

Thank you, Bea and Cat! Glad I brought it up.

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:18 am

@Kay Im always looking for new ideas on how to store stuff. Thank you for sharing,hun! :romance-inlove: I moved into this house almost a year ago but my current storage situation is still a mess :lol:

Kay

Postby Kay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:33 pm

At the risk of looking like the queen of cardboard, I am sharing a few more ideas born out of a frustration with purchased storage that met my personal needs. After going through several options, I find I like my most used makeup stuffed into one drawer with things standing for easy access.

Little boxes are great for this purpose...and the best ones are those I made. Here are a few. The colorful ones are jewelry boxes covered with washi (Japanese paper). One has a sharpener in it to catch errant shavings and the other has cream eyeshadows. You don't need washi although it is amazingly durable -- any pretty paper, preferably patterned, and white glue is all you need. I covered both inside and outside.

The last box filled with lipsticks and gloss and a few lip brushes is just Suqqu eyeshadow boxes cut in half taped together cut side up. One box cut in half holds 8 lipsticks. You may be thinking, ick, how cheap and tacky as I did the same before I experimented, but I have been amazed that they look as good as they do, how well they work, and how long they have lasted. You can try other boxes but the Suqqu boxes are especially nice, being black inside and out, and matte. Works great in a drawer where you can't even see the labels and tape. I have several of these lined up and each row has an assigned color.

Best thing about do-it-yourself is that it is totally custom. I can make more and rearrange, etc. to fit the makeup I have at the moment.
Attachments
boxes.jpeg
boxes.jpeg (7.37 KiB) Viewed 3753 times

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Kay, I think it's an awesome idea. It works for you and you have things that are unique. I wish I had a more creative brain. Must be nice :)

Kay

Postby Kay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:58 pm

I am on a roll here, so here are a couple of other do-it-yourself ideas.

One is a Suqqu eyeshadow box with a Suqqu liquid brow box taped underneath. Don't cut off the top, just tape the flaps in so it's stronger. I modified the shape of the box underneath so that it would sit better. I haven't used this model yet as I currently use a 10 compartment lipstick holder tilted diagonally like this to hold daily use items that are too long to stand in my drawer -- aside from a few brushes, things like eyebrow pencils, eyeshadow base, etc. I find it more convenient than laying them flat.

The other photo is for those who don't want to make anything, just a small towel rolled up on one end. Keeps the brush heads nicely shaped and especially good for brushes you use for cream products and don't wash daily like cream blush brushes. Sorry for the sideways photos again but I figure it's better than no photo.
Attachments
slanted box.jpeg
slanted box.jpeg (4.89 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
towel.jpeg
towel.jpeg (6.39 KiB) Viewed 3749 times

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:08 pm

How creative and resourceful Kay! Why are your pics so small though. :lol:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Kay

Postby Kay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 pm

I don't have a camera so just use my IPhone. Sorry, but I am not tech savvy either which is why some photos are not right side up. I suppose I can try harder but I'm retired and this is supposed to be fun for me! Just wanted to share my crazy ideas!

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi Kay, when you have the picture you want you can choose EDIT and the bottom left icon is the one you use to rotate the picture. Hey you're better than me, I needed tons of help to figure out how to upload pictures here, :laughing-rolling:

Return to “Storage and organization”