Brush Storage

Make-up and brush storage
Kay

Re: Brush Storage

Postby Kay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi Carlyn, thanks for your kind help. I did a whole bunch of test posts, did a search of "upload" in this forum, read the FAQs again....but no success :confusion-seeingstars:

I take a photo with my Iphone, email it to myself as a small file and then put it in my MAC Finder. When I post and want to add a photo, I select "upload attachment", then "choose file" and "add" but cannot see my photos, just the message. So I go to Preview where I can see my message and file but sometimes my photos are sideways. I don't see an edit button anywhere or icon on the bottom left corner to rotate.

Or do I have to rotate them before I upload?

Sonia (or somebody) when I did the search it seems that I'm not the only one who has trouble understanding how to do the photo posting thing and maybe we'd get more swatches, etc. if more explanation is available? I know, hard to believe some of us are not that swift. Would it be possible to put a fuller explanation in the FAQs? Just asking. :) If not, no biggie...

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:59 pm

Yes, you have to rotate the pictures before you upload them and it's true, you can't see your pictures until you preview or submit your post.

Kay

Postby Kay » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:24 am

Okay, Carlyn, got it. Thank you. :D It just means I have to go through a few more steps to get the file size down to size that fits and right side up also. Like getting it from my IPhone into IPhoto, rotating it in several directions, sending those to myself in a small file and then selecting the one that is right side up! Maybe I'll figure out an easier way one day. Sigh.

On the bright side, my Suqqu EX21 arrived from BonBon today. Yeah!

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:28 am

Oh did it, that's great, I know its too soon, but what do you think of it? Mine is shipping from Selfridges, hopefully soon.

You'll get the hang of it, taking and uploading pictures does take time, at least it does to me.

Kay

Postby Kay » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:02 am

It is very sheer. I put the inside colors on one eye and the outside colors on the other eye and they look similar! I am medium toned BTW. I keep on telling myself I won't buy any more Suqqu eyeshadows as they are getting sheerer, but this has to be it. Breakup time. If you have fairer skin, it'll probably be fine.

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:31 am

Kay wrote:It is very sheer. I put the inside colors on one eye and the outside colors on the other eye and they look similar! I am medium toned BTW. I keep on telling myself I won't buy any more Suqqu eyeshadows as they are getting sheerer, but this has to be it. Breakup time. If you have fairer skin, it'll probably be fine.

Oh dear, I ordered the EX-21. This will be my very first Suqqu purchase ever and I am medium toned bahahaha! Does not bode well for me. :lol: :doh:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Kay

Postby Kay » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:46 am

I only used it once so that's my initial impression. I have 19 Suqqu palettes so they are getting to be repetitive in addition to more sheer. I prefer the earlier palettes which had more oomph and a matte shade and those are still available at Selfridges. As this is your first Suqqu, you might enjoy it. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:47 am

Dang it, I'm medium to tan. Oh well, I'll have to pair it with darker colors. I WILL make it work. I have 6 Suqqu palettes and while I think they look better on lighter skin, I have been able to work with them. I probably won't get any more unless they're darker colors.

Kay

Postby Kay » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:11 am

Oh, the dark shades are quite dark, it's just that I expected a little bit more differentiation between the two colors in each pan. It's there but doesn't show up well on my medium skin. I think I probably expected too much.

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:17 am

Oh CRAP!! Sucks to hear that abt tha Ex-21 Kay. Im Medium/Dark!! So I guess I will need extra work to make it work for me. SIGH......Well at least I didnt pay the full price for it! I think this is a sign for me to say good bye to SUQQU e/s :( I love the older version a lot better!
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

Return to “Storage and organization”