Make-up and brush storage
Jeanette

Re: Brush Storage

Postby Jeanette » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:28 pm

How nice, Jess! :ty: for sharing :D

jilliciouscosmetics

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:33 pm

Love your idea, Jess! Plus, being able to stack them would save so much space!

Kay

Postby Kay » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:41 pm

I like your idea, Jess88! Like Bea, I am curious to find out where you got the dividers.

I've used cotton on the bottom but find it shifts around. A couple of layers of felt stay in place better. Or maybe can use a layer of those silicone balls?

jess88

Postby jess88 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:27 am

Hi,

thanks! Kay, that's a good idea! haha off to find some felt now... :ty:

Got the plastic dividers from japanHome and daiso in Singapore. They are quite cheap. For the kabuki box, the total dividers used are ~S$2 only...For the other box, total dividers should be <S$10. I know Howard Storage also have similar dividers, but not too sure about the pricing...

Not too sure if overseas have these shops, so i did a brief search online and found these for your reference...There's different heights and different width resolution.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GRID-Drawer ... 3f3ad2802d
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6Pcs-Home-Kitch ... 0639863177
http://www.dx.com/p/drawer-organizer-di ... DIFovmSx8E

Was previously using modified cat guards to hold the brushes vertically (Picture below for reference if there's similar product of better quality out there), but find that the surface was a bit rough...Only stumbled onto these dividers accidentally, major love since its cheap and easily customisable! haha, super nice to use for arranging my cosmetics according to categories in drawers too...

Picture catguard.jpg

Picturedivider.jpg

Kay

Postby Kay » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:08 am

Thanks, Jess88 for taking the time to locate these dividers on ebay -- so nice of you! I like my stuff organized so am certain I'll find use for these gadgets. :D

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:32 am

:ty: @jess88 for the links! :mrgreen: :dance:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:18 am

jess88 wrote:Hi!

just finished arranging part of my brush collection and couldnt resist sharing with ur...

I've placed the brushes in lock-and-lock containers so that they'll be dust free, with dividers to separate them according to shape and function.. Double-ended brushes are placed in the pink container together with the chubby little kabukis...

Will prob stuff some cotton wool at the bottom of each hole later to protect the brush end from being chipped off...
Prob not the most space efficient method, but the dust-free factor is a major plus point for me...

Let me know if there's any way to improve it!
haha, have a feeling that i'll be getting another container for the remaining brushes that are still running around either dirty or wet outside...=P
Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Lovely!!! this is great and it would save so much space :clap:

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:23 am

Finally bought myself an Ikea 9 drawer Alex. Part of it will be devoted to my brushes, :dance: and the major part :shhh: will be for my CbL polishes. Now I have to find stuff to line the drawers with. The fabric I lined this drawer with is just temporary. My idea is to get different Japanese kimono style fabric and some felt to line the drawers. Each drawer will have a different pattern.
Anyone have other ideas? Am open to suggestions! :mrgreen:
IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG
Bea

jilliciouscosmetics

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:44 am

That's very cute Bea! I recently switched to the Malm 6-drawer from the Alex after it was dropped during the move :angry-cussing:

Do you think you'll secure the fabric to the bottom of the drawer? I thought about doing a fabric lining on top of thin pressed board that had been cut to size but if I wanted to wash it I'd need to make something like a pillow case... I love how it looks though.

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:25 am

jilliciouscosmetics wrote:That's very cute Bea! I recently switched to the Malm 6-drawer from the Alex after it was dropped during the move :angry-cussing:

Do you think you'll secure the fabric to the bottom of the drawer? I thought about doing a fabric lining on top of thin pressed board that had been cut to size but if I wanted to wash it I'd need to make something like a pillow case... I love how it looks though.

I almost bought the Malm! However, it was too wide for the space I had in mind for the drawers and although the mirrored lid appealed to me, it also meant I couldn't put anything on top of the drawer unit.

kiki212 and I were discussing options about the fabric and the issue of washing the liners did come up. It's still something I am mulling over. Thick felt fabric is what she uses and I was considering attaching the japanese kimono style fabric by gluing the edges after folding it over and underneath the felt backing. Your idea of a 'pillow case' is intriguing Jill! :dance: :mrgreen:
Bea

Return to “Storage and organization”