A new project starts

Make-up and brush storage
Raglo

Re: A new project starts

Postby Raglo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Keep cool and relax until the "clean" renovation is done (windows, walls, outlets etc...), there's no point in going into the pretty things beforehand. You may fall in love with a piece of furniture that may or may not even fit in the room, best to spare yourself the possible disappointment ;) .

Meanwhile, check out this youtube channel for ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/user/robesondesign

It's my favorite for interior design (the million dollar budgets don't hurt, but she mixes in IKEA stuff too and does teenager's, college student's rooms etc.). You may have seen Rebecca's videos of when she did Talia Joy's room (the little makeup guru who recently died of cancer).
Veni, vidi... Bought it.

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:13 am

I think i will go for this one http://www.ikea.com/de/de/catalog/produ ... #/10106505 for my bathroom in my new apartment next month . Evtl. there is place for my brushes on the top were you normally can look at all you earrings etc. :D
Sure its a bit too small for all your brushes sonia :laughing-rolling:

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:13 pm

oh that's actually where I store my brushes LOL (well part of them)
http://sweetmakeuptemptations.com/2012/ ... fun-ideas/
It's a nice and useful one !
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Oh cool never really saw this post or forgot it :D so my "small" brush collection :angelic-innocent: should fit on the top thats nice :D

Isabella

Postby Isabella » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:11 pm

I find myself watching you tubers all the time to get ideas! Unfortunately,I too do not have an Ikea close to me :(.

Luckily I love online shopping and have purchased many glass cups to store brushes in. I get the sand from Micheals like they display it in Sephora too!

I just recently saw a youtuber wash out an old used candle from bath and body and use it to store sample perfumes, which was an amazing idea!

I also was trying to find a fun lipstick holder and stumbled upon an amazon webstore where they had a bunch of different acrylic holders, needless to say it took me 4 mins to purchase one! If anyone's interested it's http://www.byAlegory.com. I saw they have a Compact Organizer coming out in Nov too, which I've never seen before! It's safe to say I'll be stalking that website too!

Anyone have any suggestions on a good way to store hair products? I can't seem to get the right container just yet.

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:34 am

Hi Isabella,
thank you!
btw, do you mind introducing yourself in the appropriate section ?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52&start=80
we would love to know a bit more about you :)

Isabella

Postby Isabella » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:55 pm

I tried responding to your message in the website but it's not letting me. I'm not sure how to verify myself, other than confirm my email. I'm nit affiliated with that company, I was sharing products I've bought for storage. I figured that was ok since I saw several other posts including companies like IKEA. Sorry for posting a link, I thought it was ok to do as I'm not affiliated with Amazon or any other companies like Bath and Body as I also mentioned.

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Private messages are activated automatically after your third post on the forum, this is to protect the members from spam robots that manage to enter by mistake :)
Forums are often victims of computer robots that just post a comment and links, since you hadn't introduced yourself I wasn't sure that this post was legitimate.
Don't hesitate to say hi in the introduction section :)

Of course it is totally fine that you share your findings and the links, we are all happy to know about them.
I am afraid I don't have a miracle solution to store hair products, I use this red one from Ikea at the moment : http://www.ikea.com/ch/fr/catalog/products/40107872/
it's not that solid and amazing but it'll do. I have several flat irons or curl irons and this is long enough to hold them. It's sad that you don't have Ikea close to you, since it offers quite a few cheap options :(

jilliciouscosmetics

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:45 am

I finally got the green light to turn the guest bedroom into a beauty room/office. I love how shallow the Alex drawers are so I may get another 9-drawer one. I love the idea of having the brushes be on display and a focal point in the room but at this point it wouldn't be much to look at, lol.

Return to “Storage and organization”