Mega brush roll

Make-up and brush storage
sin

Re: Mega brush roll

Postby sin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:49 pm

Woah, amazing! Nice choice for the fabric, is it chirimen crepe? This textile nut needs some stats, how much many brushes does it hold, how much fabric was used and how many nervous breakdowns occured sewing it?

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:20 pm

Wow, is the brush roll taking up a whole armchair?

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:53 am

@Lyanna yes it's taking up most of my armchair lol. :lol:

@Sin I think Sarah used 1 metre or 1.5metres, I can't remember now. No it's not chirimen crepe although there was one that was chirimen from some fabric website that I really wanted but a lot more expensive! I haven't counted the number of brushes I've put in the roll yet but it will take a few more. And I will have to experiment and move different types/sizes of brushes around to see if there are certain placements of certain brushes that will allow me to add more. I have another blue fabric that Sarah will be making into a smaller brush roll and a matching fan case. No nervous breakdowns on Sarah's part anyway. She was pretty cool throughout the whole thing. At least she seemed to be despite my dithering for so long trying to decide on which fabric I wanted. I'm the one who had a near nervous breakdown since there were so many different fabrics I wanted! :confusion-seeingstars: :doh:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:05 am

brushjunkie wrote:
IMG_6991a.JPG
IMG_6957.JPG
My monster brush roll from lovely Sarah! And one of my lemmings squashed! Last year's Chiku Noel set from the equally lovely Anna. Love them both! :ty: :dance: :mrgreen:
Take note that brush roll is not filled to capacity lol. :lol:

Wow, that is amazing!!! Very well done, Sarah :clap: And nice fabric, Bea :D

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:22 am

There are still some things which could have been done better but it took me quite a while to think deeply about its construction...
Since it's bigger I don't wanted to see the seams of the parts on the outside like on the smaller ones I did before.
we discussed a lot about the measurements and so on... It's not that easy for me like it seems it was...

A big point is I would use thicker fabric next time.
I think a monster roll is still not practical in all ways but it would make it less floppy ;)

Bea has a big enough collection to take some more of these so let's see it as a prototype :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

1 meters of each fabric would make it...

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:31 am

A big point is I would use thicker fabric next time.
I think a monster roll is still not practical in all ways but it would make it less floppy ;)
That's the reason for the blue fabric and 2nd small brush roll silly! :mrgreen:

Bea has a big enough collection to take some more of these so let's see it as a prototype :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Yes at the rate I have been buying brushes, I think I will need another monster one. No brush left behind in case of fire! :laughing-rolling: :lol:

1 meters of each fabric would make it...[/quote]
Bea

sin

Postby sin » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Sarah, all the thought you have put into making it definately shows, the first thing I noticed was how well finished it looks! Which is not an easy task, especially if you consider the size... Kudos to you!
Can't wait to see Beas's brush wall hanging, Bea's brush car seat cover and brush bed quilt :lol:
You could work with some interfacing next time, I have a sample folder I could send you, otherwise I would just throw it away anyway...
Btw there's a shop selling Japanese (inspired) fabrics in Hamburg ( www.akiko-japan.de ), iirc they have a wider selection in the store than online.

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:23 pm

sin wrote:Btw there's a shop selling Japanese (inspired) fabrics in Hamburg ( http://www.akiko-japan.de ), iirc they have a wider selection in the store than online.

ah, cool! Now I want to go to Germany to get some Japanese... wait. :doh:

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:16 am

sin wrote:Sarah, all the thought you have put into making it definately shows, the first thing I noticed was how well finished it looks! Which is not an easy task, especially if you consider the size... Kudos to you!
Can't wait to see Beas's brush wall hanging, Bea's brush car seat cover and brush bed quilt :lol:
You could work with some interfacing next time, I have a sample folder I could send you, otherwise I would just throw it away anyway...
Btw there's a shop selling Japanese (inspired) fabrics in Hamburg ( http://www.akiko-japan.de ), iirc they have a wider selection in the store than online.

Oh wow, this is great Sin! Sarah when are you going there?! :lol: :mrgreen: :dance:
Bea

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:09 am

Hahaha sin i wanted to buy some interfacing but wasnt sure about the thickness I will need and I was in hurry to catch my train back then...
(Btw are you on insta too ?)

Yes I saw the shops site but since they don't show that much nice ones on the site I decided not to go but ok ok Bea I'll :laughing-rolling:

Return to “Storage and organization”