Nice storage for blush pans ?

Make-up and brush storage
Kay

Re: Nice storage for blush pans ?

Postby Kay » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:01 pm

It's convenient to see a range of blush colors so I started using palettes. But I disliked when they were flush next to each other so that my cheek brush could get into more than one pan...or when they moved around if I left spaces between. So, I used my son's old Lego to create barriers. I rubber cemented bricks and flat tiles between pans and it works well! Easy to reorganize, too, as the rubber cement just peels off. This is an empty MAC palette but I suppose other palettes could be used as well.
Attachments
Legoblushpalette.jpg
Legoblushpalette.jpg (29.21 KiB) Viewed 2363 times

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:54 am

How innovative, Kay! Great idea :clap:

Kay

Postby Kay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:23 pm

Thanks, Jeanette, for your kind acknowledgement. I sometimes wonder if people will think my ideas are odd, so I hesitate, but the barriers work so well, I wanted to share. This palette is especially pretty as the Lego match the case perfectly. I used flat tiles over bricks (2 layers) so the barrier surface is flat and a bit higher than pans. Sometimes I use flat tiles on their sides, depending on spacing. Easy to wipe and keep clean. BTW, individual tiles can be purchased at Lego stores or online, which I did as I didn't have enough flat tiles.

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:37 am

It really looks so neat, Kay. When I started to read I imagined big Lego pieces in many colours, but this looks very clean and neat!

Return to “Storage and organization”