Eyeshadow Palettes for brown eyes/pale skin

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Anna

Eyeshadow Palettes for brown eyes/pale skin

Postby Anna » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:15 am

Hi Brushoholics,

I'm looking for eyeshadow palettes that suit brown eyes. I'm pale, like NC15-20. I often get brown coloured palettes as recommendation, but I look extremly tired wearing brown. I think it's because of the skin tone.
I was looking forward to get my hands on "She wolf" by Tom Ford - fail! I looked like had no sleep for at least two weeks.

I love palettes because I travel a lot, so I don't have to take so much single eyeshadow!

Can anyone recommend a high end brand palette that suits me?!
:ty:

Thank you in advance!
Anna

Jeanette

Re: Eyeshadow Palettes for brown eyes/pale skin

Postby Jeanette » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:10 am

Anna wrote:Hi Brushoholics,

I'm looking for eyeshadow palettes that suit brown eyes. I'm pale, like NC15-20. I often get brown coloured palettes as recommendation, but I look extremly tired wearing brown. I think it's because of the skin tone.
I was looking forward to get my hands on "She wolf" by Tom Ford - fail! I looked like had no sleep for at least two weeks.

I love palettes because I travel a lot, so I don't have to take so much single eyeshadow!

Can anyone recommend a high end brand palette that suits me?!
:ty:

Thank you in advance!
Anna

@Anna, I would have a look at Lisa Eldridges videos to see what suits her. She has brown/hazel eyes and warm, pale skin.

AngelaDay

Postby AngelaDay » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:04 am

Ok I have brown eyes to so i have some tips :). Get a color bronzer (One that you would use on your skin) and use that as eyeshadow it looks really good and natural. Or do the smokey eyes those always look great with any black shirt or black pants. Or here is my favorite buy Covergirl Tropical Fusion. Take the red and apply from your eyebrow straight down the middle to the eyelash.Fill in the outside half with red, then the other side with yellow.then take the green and a thin brush, and apply it close to your lash line.Then take the blue and the brush it came with and do one streak down from the corner of your eye at the top lash down to the bottom lash.
Hopefully, these makeup tips for brown eyeswill be helpful for you.

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:33 pm

@Anna: Brown eyes would usually go with lots of different hues in the colour wheel. I use blues, purples, greens, etc. Of course skintone plays a role but I find that if I use brown shades on my lids for the most part, they are not as flattering on me. Once I started studying the colour wheel and reading up on complimentary colours, I became more adventurous and got hooked on makeup. :confusion-seeingstars: :doh: :lol: :mrgreen:

You might also want to try using something like a small Z palette and switching single colours in and out of it (depending on your needs) when you travel. :D
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

AngelaDay

Postby AngelaDay » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:38 am

Here are some amazing makeup tips for brown eyes, I would like to share with you.

Makeup tips for brown eyes
Almost always focuses on dramatic eye makeup looks , however it’s also easy to create visual interest with a natural look.
Brown eyes tend to be naturally deeper in color and because of that you can also wear darker colors . If you have any discoloration always remember to use a cosmetics concealer for a flawless look.

As we may know, there is no “one” brown color. There are many shades of brown .Just as with other eye colors, there are different levels . These tips will tell you which colors will work for you and which to pass on.

If you have hazel eyes you’ll find out which eyeshadow colors work well for you.

1. Are your eyes deep dark brown? This is the darkest level of brown. In some women their eyes almost appear black. Most eye makeup colors that are in the medium to dark color range will work best for you. The one problem with this eye color is that your eye makeup can sometimes look too dark or harsh. For this reason it’s important to use the lighter flecks of color in your eyes to select highlight colors. The contrast between the darker colors and highlight will set off your color best.

2. Are your eyes medium brown? This is the easiest color of all to work with. You can use any color that you desire. Mauves, violets and purples all look great on you. You can also wear golds, coppers and bronzes. Greens look outstanding on this eye color shade. If you want to use color, but in a subtle way then use it to line your eyes. Try doing dramatic looks or multiple colors on your eyes when you want something different.

3. Are your eyes light brown? Light brown eyes are very striking. Do you have golden flecks in your eyes? If so, then remember to use a very pale yellow as a highlight. The one thing you need to be remember is not to overpower your brown shade. Use darker shadows in the crease area. While other colors of brown might require black eyeliner, you may want to consider a dark brown instead.

4. Are your eyes very light or hazel? This is a level that looks great with colors that are just a little darker than your normal skintone would be. Champagne and mauve colors look great with hazel eyes.To make hazel eyes really stand out line them with another color such as a violet, bronze or dark brown. You may want to try Apricot or pink highlight as they will work well with this color also. Avoid black eyeliner because it tends to overpower hazel.
Hopefully, these tips about makeup for brown eyes will be helpful for you.

Ann C.

Postby Ann C. » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:29 am

Hi Anna! I have brown eyes and I use basically any color in eyeshadow palettes. Though sometimes I have to be careful on the shadow placement of pinks and reds because my asian lids are naturally puffy.. a combination of mono and hooded lids :D my lower lid is so small/tiny and my inner corner is actually part of my upper lids.. no creases for me and brow bones aren’t prominent. So a badly placed pink or red shade makes my lids look swollen or bitten.

Return to “Beauty General”