Teary eyes!

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Melissa

Teary eyes!

Postby Melissa » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:38 am

Hey lovies!
Wondering if anyone else struggling with the same issue. This drives me insaaane every single day. Well actually every morning, it happens as soon as I get outside! the Outer corner of my eyes always get teary in the morning. So i end up screwing up my eyeliner and have to reapply when I arrive in the office. Most of the time I end up with the make up completely gone on that part of my eyes. Looks blaaaaahhhh....

I'm thinking abt applying an 'Eyeliner Sealer' on the corner of my eyes after all my make up is done. But Im afraid that it will irritate my eyes.

Any thoughts? THANK YOU!!
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

Lillian

Re: Teary eyes!

Postby Lillian » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:13 pm

We must be kindred spitits Melissa -
I have the EXACT SAME issue!!
The sealer definitely helps the liner from smudging and it doesn't irritate my eyes, and while it doesn't stop tha outer-corner from tearing, at least the liner stays put.

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:21 pm

I don't often have this problem, but, sometimes I do something to help..
For quite some time I had irritated eyes and that was caused in spring-summer-automn by the trees and other pollens. I am not allergic but they do "accumulate" on my eyes making them more delicate, and then causing exactly what you say.
I have discovered eye-wash. Now when I do a smokey eye with more shadow than usual or pencil in the waterline, etc etc, in the evening after removing the eyemakeup, I do this eyewash, it removes any deposit they could still have and the day after they feel more relaxed and happy.
Either you rinse your eyes with boiled water (of course you wait until it gets cooler, then add salt), or you can buy eye-wash liquid with the little cap that has the eye shape already handy..
This is just an idea, you could ask the pharmacist his opinion but it does help me a lot !!
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

Dena

Postby Dena » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:37 am

I suffer from exactly the same thing. I wear sunglasses at all times when I'm outside, and that helps. Using eyedrops or the eyewash Sonia recommended will help as well. As far as making sure makeup stays put, apply your eye makeup in thin layers, starting with a primer or cream shadow base. If your eye starts watering when you're applying makeup, keep blotting it gently with a Q-tip, and when it has stopped watering, powder it before reapplying makeup. And take an anti-hystamine!

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Pheeeewwww....thought I was the only 1 out there having this strange annoying issue!!

Thank u so much for the tips!! Will def try the eye wash/drops, never thought abt that! My friend told me its the lack of sleep I got from browsing for brushes. LOL :)

If its happens I just blot the corner of my eyes with a non fragrant tissue to avoid any more irritations. And the strangest thing is my right eye tears up more than my left one! Isnt that weird. Maybe because I'm right handed or something. LOL

OK! Eyewash and eyeliner sealer. Got it lovies. THANK YOU!! If anyone else has the same issue let me know how u handle it!
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

Kumamon

Postby Kumamon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:59 am

I definitely have this problem but I generally don't wear eyeliner. Because of my rubby monolids no eyeliner stays anyway so I don't bother.

AngelaDay

Postby AngelaDay » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:06 am

Use oil based products as they stay better on skin and eye wash is a good choice to make your eyes clean and healthy. Here are some amazing home remedies to get beautiful clear eyes and get rid of under eye bags.

Tea bags- get used tea bags, put them in the fridge for 1-2 hours then take them out and let them lay on your eyes for 15-20 min.

Cucumbers- slice them and lay them on your eyes for 20 min also.

Potato slices(if you have dark eye circles under your bags) slice them and put them for 20 min.

-If you have both eye bags and dark eye circles you can do cucumbers first then potato slices after.

Cold spoons- put 2 spoons in the freezerfor 1-2 hours then take them out and lay them on your eye bags for 20 min. This reduces the puffiness. I do this morning and night everyday, on some days just at night. So If you're wondering how to get rid of eye bags, must try this.

So I do spoons 1-2x everyday, cucumbers everyday for 1 week, then the next week tea bags, then the next week the potatoes. I like to alternate these methods every week. i do the spoons everyday with the other methods. If you want a makeup kind, buy Garnier Anti-Dark circle roller. It's specifically for dark eye circles but it also helps the eye bags. I suggest using the home remedies because well, their natural, don't harm your skin and have no chemicals. If you have any questions about the roller you can just ask a pharmacist at any drugstore! Hopefully, it was helpful.

Return to “Beauty General”