Beautiful Blusher

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Dena

Beautiful Blusher

Postby Dena » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:21 pm

I like to mix a little cream blusher (or even lipstick with foundation and then apply it. It looks more natural, as though the colour is actually coming from a natural flush, rather than painted on, and you get a beautiful finish.

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Beautiful Blusher

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Dena, Since you gave me this tip I have been using and abusing it :P
I remember using it with so many different type of blushes, even the ones I don't necessarily enjoy, mixing them with my foundation gave them a more blendable texture and my skin looks natural and dewy everytime.
that works wonders ! thank you again !
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

Dena

Postby Dena » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:54 pm

Great - I'm so pleased to hear it. It's a great trick.

I love these emoticons, by the way :clap: :dance:

kimitrulla

Postby kimitrulla » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:48 am

Hi Dena,
I only use very rarely cream blusher. Ironically, I have redness on the cheeks of broken veins. If I have this redness covered with concealer and then use cream blush, the redness is visible again. Bothers me every time. I'll try your trick, maybe it helps.

Dena

Postby Dena » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 am

Hi Kimitrulla,

I also suffer from redness. I find that mixing cream blusher with foundation can really help. Try applying your foundation, then mixing cream blusher with a little bit more foundation and applying that. Then, if you still have redness showing through, mix the blusher with concealer, and apply to the affected area. I hope this makes sense. Let me know how it turns out!

kimitrulla

Postby kimitrulla » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi Dena,
this works fine. I've tried it, as you described. The redness is almost impossible to see. This is just great. Now I can use my beloved Becca cream blusher again. It also looks applied and mixed with Foundation much more natural.
Thank you for sharing this Advice with us. :clap:

Dena

Postby Dena » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that! I am so pleased it works for you. It is brilliant that we can share advice with each other like this. Enjoy your blushers!

AngelaDay

Postby AngelaDay » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:18 pm

I love maybelline dream mousse blush in peach satin, it glides on like silk and has a lovely sheen

Kay

Postby Kay » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Hi Dena, good to see you back! I tried your tip this morning and it is very pretty and natural. I've been liking cream blush lately for its dewy look -- that, and a soft coral lipstick adds a lot of life to my aging face.

Had a question, recently I've been applying a thin layer of liquid foundation and then a thin layer of mineral foundation and found my foundation lasts longer. I always thought you shouldn't apply cream over powder but being lazy one day, I blended cream blush over that using a duo fiber brush. I often hear about not disturbing the foundation, but frankly I think what happens is that the cream blush gets mushed around into the foundation. It looks good and lasts. Any thoughts, are there really any rules about applying cream over powder?

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Kay, Wayne Goss has a video about applying liquid foundation over powder, so I think it's fine to use cream blush over mineral foundation. I feel that rather than doing things the 'right' way, when one finds a trick that works, then that's what one should do. Glad that worked for you. I have sunspots on the apples of my cheeks, so cream blush doesn't work for me, even when mixed with cream or liquid foundation.

Return to “Beauty General”