Products you've (actually) used up!

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Raglo

Re: Products you've (actually) used up!

Postby Raglo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Ooh, Jill, try the YSL eyebrow pencil in 4 Ash. It's my favorite! My heart cried tears of blood when I wanted to repurchase it and they pulled it from the lineup where I live. It's a lot of money for a silly pencil, so it makes no sense for me to go through additional trouble and expense to have it shipped, since my close second HG one is by Shiseido and easily available (for now, grr).

Ideally, I'd love to own both (I actually have half a pinky's length of the YSL still left, for special occasions, it's like 4 years old), the Shiseido's dry and flat (totally matte and on me looks ginger, which is strange, but works out since that's my natural hair colour, and it looks blonde on blondes), but the YSL is much waxier (I don't think you need any additional product to help keep the brows in place, like a gel or wax), it has microscopic, beautifully complex light reflective particles (glitter) and is definitely more ashy (grey), which I used to love.

With the Shiseido I can totally fool someone into thinking I really have thick, arched brows, the YSL looks like makeup, but it's so, so pretty. Plus it has a spooly on the other end, the Shiseido has an utterly useless brush (something better suited for a powder product). Anyway, have a look, you might like it :mrgreen:
Veni, vidi... Bought it.

jilliciouscosmetics

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:15 am

Thank you so much @Raglo for telling me about it! I'll definitely have to try it out next and I've added it to my Nordstrom shopping cart. I just picked of the NARS brow pencil in the lightest shade and it is frustratingly light. I have to really push hard to get any color pay-off.

Raglo

Postby Raglo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:33 pm

You're welcome! And do report back on how you like it ;)
Veni, vidi... Bought it.

Michelle

Postby Michelle » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:47 pm

jilliciouscosmetics wrote:Thank you so much @Raglo for telling me about it! I'll definitely have to try it out next and I've added it to my Nordstrom shopping cart. I just picked of the NARS brow pencil in the lightest shade and it is frustratingly light. I have to really push hard to get any color pay-off.

Jill- I picked up the NARS a few weeks ago as well in Kalamata- I notice that i have to press a bit hard as well but I do love the color. I have the Bobbi Brown in Mahogany and you need a really light hand with it so I do prefer the NARS myself. I might have to try the YSL too Raglo! Thanks

Raglo

Postby Raglo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Gosh I hope I haven't overhyped it and you actually like it, let me know :dance: !
Veni, vidi... Bought it.

Michelle

Postby Michelle » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:53 am

Raglo wrote:Gosh I hope I haven't overhyped it and you actually like it, let me know :dance: !

I'm gonna give it a try! Now, products I've actually used up: LORAC lipstick in the color "Spankin", I went thru 4 tubes of this stuff as it was the perfect shade of pink that anyone and everyone could wear and certainly it was discontinued. :( I also have used up one color of the LORAC Take a Brow kit. One thing I always do is my eyebrows, even if nothing else! Now I am trying different pencils and experimenting.

Kumamon

Postby Kumamon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:12 am

I use up powder and lip balm pretty frequently as those are things I use daily. Skin care gets used up frequently too. Mascaras go bad before they get completely used up. I've also used up foundations, brow items, and a few eyeshadows. The eyeshadows were extremely old though and took years to pan. I have yet to use up a lipstick or blush.

Return to “Beauty General”