Brushjunkie's nail corner

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
brushjunkie

Re: Brushjunkie's nail corner

Postby brushjunkie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Bea, thank you! Right now I am so sad :crying-yellow: because I picked 9 gorgeous shades, for a total of 102 USD. But the cheapest international shipping cost from llarowe is 115 USD, so I didn't go through with my order. I really don't understand that they cannot ship cheaper. :confusion-shrug:[/quote]

Whaaa?! I've never paid attention to international shipping, only Canada, but Jeanette are you sure you didn't choose UPS to get that amount?? We go by USPS's live postal rates. I just did a mock purchase for over $100 to Denmark and the USPS shipping rate it gave me was $22.80 for 1st Class International. :think:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

gatos

Postby gatos » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Jeanette, if you can't get them to ship cheaper, just send them over to me and I can ship to you via some slower but cheaper method :D I also ordered 9 polishes and shipping to me was free, so you would only have to pay whatever it costs to ship to you!

gatos

Postby gatos » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:22 pm

brushjunkie wrote:So Cat, did you get Cosmic Forces just for the purple Dacomodake brush?! :D :lol: :laughing-rolling: I must say they really look good together. You put me to shame with your ease in doing a glitter mani.

Haha Bea! I actually bought the polish before the brush, so maybe it was the other way around :lol:
And wow, thanks for the compliment. I am a mess with the edges/cuticle part, but I do have fun fishing out the large glitter bits. It ain't easy but I guess I like the challenge haha!

That Candy Flake polish is gorgeous. Somebody buy it and take pics with some fancy Vermillion Hakus stat please ;) For those of you placing orders, you gotta take a look at The Mighty Red Baron. Bea suggested it to me and it is one of my favourites now, it has a mesmerizing but subtle effect.

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:29 pm

I love this place, you guys are so helpful! Jeanette, if I can help get your polishes to you, I'll be happy to. Just let me check for shipping restrictions.

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:06 pm

brushjunkie wrote:Thanks Lyanna :D You mean the Oceanic Forces one? If it is I see it in stock!

[/quote]
Thank you, and thank you lots and lots for picking out the vermillionesques!

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Thank you lovelies! I found out how to pick a cheaper shipping option :ty:

gatos

Postby gatos » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Lovely Jeanette! Please do show us when you get them :D

I will try to get Cosmic Forces off today (damn glitter polish removal :x ) and will try Burnt Sugar next!

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:02 pm

gatos wrote:Lovely Jeanette! Please do show us when you get them :D

I will try to get Cosmic Forces off today (damn glitter polish removal :x ) and will try Burnt Sugar next!

Do the foil method or pick up one of those Nailene (or other brand) tubs with the plastic scrubbies (not foam) inside that look like teeth. :lol:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:31 pm

brushjunkie wrote:
gatos wrote:Lovely Jeanette! Please do show us when you get them :D

Do the foil method or pick up one of those Nailene (or other brand) tubs with the plastic scrubbies (not foam) inside that look like teeth. :lol:

Thank you for your tips, Bea :ty: It is so nice to get tips from a pro :D
Do you know if the Dance Legend Solar Eclipse is difficult to get off? I really like the subdued colours, but it has some shimmer, so it may be difficult to rinse off.

I still haven't pressed the button yet, still figuring out what polishes to buy. Solar Eclipse and the cameleon colour The Knight are favourites, but I am also taken by the cameleon colours Roz, Wazowski, and Sulley. Just look at these beauties at the picture from a review on: http://www.britnails.co.uk/2013/09/danc ... ction.html
And some enamel colours. And maybe Mount Feathertop from Elevation Polish. And, and, and ... :drool:

Which ones did you get, Cat?
Attachments
dance-legend-chameleon-swatches.jpg

gatos

Postby gatos » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:55 pm

Jeanette wrote:I still haven't pressed the button yet, still figuring out what polishes to buy. Solar Eclipse and the cameleon colour The Knight are favourites, but I am also taken by the cameleon colours Roz, Wazowski, and Sulley. Just look at these beauties at the picture from a review on: http://www.britnails.co.uk/2013/09/danc ... ction.html
And some enamel colours. And maybe Mount Feathertop from Elevation Polish. And, and, and ...

Which ones did you get, Cat?

:lol: It's so hard to narrow them down, right?! I originally only planned on buying 3 and ended up with 9. And I have more in my wish list :laughing-rolling:

I got 4 from the Llarowe brand: Black Gold Texas Tea, Burnt Sugar, the Mighty Red Baron, Grape Juice; 4 from Emily de Molly: Sakura, Cosmic Forces, The Unloved, and Turbulence; and Neon Palm from Hare Polish. I wanted to get Knight from the Dance Legend Chameleon collection but I would prefer the smaller bottle which is out of stock (reminds me a bit of Chanel Peridot which I already own.)

Return to “Beauty General”