Brushjunkie's nail corner

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
brushjunkie

Re: Brushjunkie's nail corner

Postby brushjunkie » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:48 am

Thank you for your tips, Bea :ty: It is so nice to get tips from a pro :D
Do you know if the Dance Legend Solar Eclipse is difficult to get off? I really like the subdued colours, but it has some shimmer, so it may be difficult to rinse off.

I still haven't pressed the button yet, still figuring out what polishes to buy. Solar Eclipse and the cameleon colour The Knight are favourites, but I am also taken by the cameleon colours Roz, Wazowski, and Sulley. Just look at these beauties at the picture from a review on: http://www.britnails.co.uk/2013/09/danc ... ction.html
And some enamel colours. And maybe Mount Feathertop from Elevation Polish. And, and, and ... :drool:

Which ones did you get, Cat?[/quote]

Jeanette Solar Eclipse will be easy to get off so don't worry about the Galaxy ones. I like that DL offers smaller bottles. I will most likely never use up a whole bottle of anything so I like the idea of a smaller size. I would get those if I were you lol.

Look at the Colors by Llarowe Show Me section. There are colour shifters in there. Very strong colour shifts. Having said that, we just came out with a multichrome called Midnight in Montana and it is to die for! The shift is fantabulous and you can see all the different colours simultaneously on the nail which you won't find in just any brand. it also has a bit of fine metallic glitter in it. But look at Show Me Again and Show Me The Love under our brand. I haven't paid much attention to colour shifters until lately because my boss says she can't get those pigments anymore!@#$%^ Grrrrr....

A lot of people like Elevation Polish althought I only have like two of her colours lol. Hey, I was thinking of asking britnails to swatch for us in a future collection lol.
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:13 am

[ :lol: It's so hard to narrow them down, right?! I originally only planned on buying 3 and ended up with 9. And I have more in my wish list :laughing-rolling:

I got 4 from the Llarowe brand: Black Gold Texas Tea, Burnt Sugar, the Mighty Red Baron, Grape Juice; 4 from Emily de Molly: Sakura, Cosmic Forces, The Unloved, and Turbulence; and Neon Palm from Hare Polish. I wanted to get Knight from the Dance Legend Chameleon collection but I would prefer the smaller bottle which is out of stock (reminds me a bit of Chanel Peridot which I already own.)[/quote]

Cat, did I give you any flakies? Grape Juice is a jelly so it's awesome for sandwiches! I used a really pretty flakie polish from Cult Nails (we carry them and so does Beautylish) sandwiched it in between layers of Grape Juice. :mrgreen:
Bea

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:32 am

I feel like a child in a candy store!

CbL Show me the love is very beautiful. I like that it is red, the colour shifters are more often bluish.

I fell for this DL princess top coat and the baby blue polish as well. I am too old to wear that, but maybe for christmas ;) :whistle:

Yes Cat, it truly is hard to narrow it down! And I need to take much more time out for doing my nails, if I have to use all the ones that I consider. I still have ones not used or only used once already, which is not a wise way to spend money :naughty: And it is so much fun to wear a nice np so I really need to step up.
Attachments
Dance_Legend_TOP_Princess_Jasmine.jpg

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:32 pm

So I finally hit the button with a selection of different NPs :D And now I just hope that I will not have to pay a lot of customs fee on top :whistle:

My wishlist is still long, and I haven't seen half of what they have on website.
Attachments
Nailpolishes.PNG
Nailpolishes.PNG (12.59 KiB) Viewed 1965 times

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:53 am

Wheeeeee! Another one down the Llarowe rabbit hole! Now I don't feel quite so lonely anymore! :laughing-rolling: :lol: :mrgreen:
Bea

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:49 am

^^You made another sale today too. Albeit a little smaller.

So, what's the deal with the jelly polishes? Do they required special nail polish remover or anything? Special base or top coats? Or will my Sally Hansen nonsense that I bought 3 years ago work okay?

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:17 am

Bea, I have some older nail polishes that have become a little thick. Can you recommend something for thinning them?

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Jeanette wrote:Bea, I have some older nail polishes that have become a little thick. Can you recommend something for thinning them?

Jeanette there are nail polish thinners you can use to thin them. Seche Restore is my preferred product but there are lots out there on the market.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nail+po ... d=0CEMQsAQ
Bea

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Lyanna Stark wrote:^^You made another sale today too. Albeit a little smaller.

So, what's the deal with the jelly polishes? Do they required special nail polish remover or anything? Special base or top coats? Or will my Sally Hansen nonsense that I bought 3 years ago work okay?

Oooh what did you get Lyanna?? I am so stoked! Not by myself down the polish rabbit hole on this forum anymore! :laughing-rolling:

Nothing special about the jelly polishes? They are just regular polish that is made more sheer. Are you referring to something else by chance?
Bea

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:08 pm

brushjunkie wrote:Oooh what did you get Lyanna?? I am so stoked! Not by myself down the polish rabbit hole on this forum anymore! :laughing-rolling:

Nothing special about the jelly polishes? They are just regular polish that is made more sheer. Are you referring to something else by chance?

Thanks, Bea! I just thought there might be something special about them because it's been a long time since I used to get manis and even pedis (at least very regularly) and I thought nail polish technology and formulas might have changed. Also I did google it and there are tips for how to remove gel nails, which it wasn't too clear if they were talking about something similar or totally different.

I just made a little order. I got Oceanic Forces, Somewhere Out There, Falcon Pearl and Wicked.

Return to “Beauty General”