Brushjunkie's nail corner

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
brushjunkie

Re: Brushjunkie's nail corner

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Lyanna Stark wrote:
brushjunkie wrote:Oooh what did you get Lyanna?? I am so stoked! Not by myself down the polish rabbit hole on this forum anymore! :laughing-rolling:

I just made a little order. I got Oceanic Forces, Somewhere Out There, Falcon Pearl and Wicked.

I only know Oceanic Forces is from EdM. The others, I don't know what brands they are. Too many indie brands on Llarowe. Thank gawd I don't admin that FB page!! I can hardly keep up with the CbLs lol. :doh: :confusion-seeingstars: :laughing-rolling:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:15 pm

brushjunkie wrote:
Lyanna Stark wrote:
brushjunkie wrote:Oooh what did you get Lyanna?? I am so stoked! Not by myself down the polish rabbit hole on this forum anymore! :laughing-rolling:

I just made a little order. I got Oceanic Forces, Somewhere Out There, Falcon Pearl and Wicked.

I only know Oceanic Forces is from EdM. The others, I don't know what brands they are. Too many indie brands on Llarowe. Thank gawd I don't admin that FB page!! I can hardly keep up with the CbLs lol. :doh: :confusion-seeingstars: :laughing-rolling:

Hm, TBH, I found the site kind of tough to browse. I hadn't heard of any of the brands, but in order to browse the offerings, I had to shop by "collection." So I assumed llarowe was mainly for people who really knew their brands and colors.

BTW, having shopped for polishes online now, I have learned to appreciate hand modeling in a new way. I found it essential to see the polish on hands - I don't see how the brands with only pics of the bottles sell anything!

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:33 pm

@Lyanna our brands are mainly independents (called Indies). There are a couple of mainstream ones like Color Club and Model's Own but we concentrate on niche and indies from around the globe so our customers are real lacquerheads immersed in the polish world. :lol: :laughing-rolling:
Bea

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:37 pm

I love all these polishes. I'm so tempted to get more even though I STILL have only used 2 out of the 10 I bought. Keep these pictures coming, I enjoy seeing them. So I think the nail polish rabbit hole is waaay cheaper than the makeup and brushes ones.

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Carlyn wrote:I love all these polishes. I'm so tempted to get more even though I STILL have only used 2 out of the 10 I bought. Keep these pictures coming, I enjoy seeing them. So I think the nail polish rabbit hole is waaay cheaper than the makeup and brushes ones.

Yes, waaay cheaper! :laughing-rolling: :doh:
Bea

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:59 am

brushjunkie wrote:
Carlyn wrote:I love all these polishes. I'm so tempted to get more even though I STILL have only used 2 out of the 10 I bought. Keep these pictures coming, I enjoy seeing them. So I think the nail polish rabbit hole is waaay cheaper than the makeup and brushes ones.

Yes, waaay cheaper! :laughing-rolling: :doh:

I am totally with you on that. It is so much easier to indulge yourself with a number of lemmings in the NP department :laughing-rolling:

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:00 pm

Bea, since USPS seems to be hopelessly slow, can you recommend different postal service? Llarowe shipped on the 22nd of October and reach Los Angeles on the 25th at 8.41 pm. And it has been there ever since which is now 7 days.
I wanted to order more nail polishes the minute I had placed my order, but it is really demotivating when the US postal service is so bad. It is almost like a third world country.

Can you recommend something that works faster for future orders?
Do you know if I can do anything regarding my current parcel in transit?

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Jeanette wrote:Bea, since USPS seems to be hopelessly slow, can you recommend different postal service? Llarowe shipped on the 22nd of October and reach Los Angeles on the 25th at 8.41 pm. And it has been there ever since which is now 7 days.
I wanted to order more nail polishes the minute I had placed my order, but it is really demotivating when the US postal service is so bad. It is almost like a third world country.

Can you recommend something that works faster for future orders?
Do you know if I can do anything regarding my current parcel in transit?

There really isn't any other postal service in the US except USPS Jeanette. They have been really good until the past few weeks. it's a really odd occurrence what is happening with them at the moment. I don't anticipate it lasting. They sent me another package after the one that took several weeks to get to me and I got it in about 8 days which is the norm for USA to Canada. First class shipping takes up to 15 days. It has been 10 days since your package shipped and that is including weekends. An alternative would be UPS and that cost the earth as you've seen. You might try selecting USPS Priority International but that would double what you paid for shipping in your original order so that would take you to about $40+ if you ordered about $100 worth of polish.
Bea

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:32 am

Thank you, Bea. I will then cross my fingers that USPS will go back to usual high level processing soon :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:34 am

Jeanette wrote:Thank you, Bea. I will then cross my fingers that USPS will go back to usual high level processing soon :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Jeanette you haven't seen the first ones yet lol. See if you like them first haha! :lol: :laughing-rolling: :mrgreen:
Bea

Return to “Beauty General”