Smooth lips

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Smooth lips

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:00 pm

I have been using the Chantecaille Contour fill for years, I don't use it every day recently because that's not easy to find when you live in a little far far away country but I have been loving it since the very first day I tried it. If you have it, I would like to know how and if it works also for you. For me it's more the feeling of more plumped lips and it is actually smoothing the lines as well. It's not a miracle but the closest thing I found to it.
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

eveh42

Re: Smooth lips

Postby eveh42 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi, Sonia,

I've been lurking on SMT for a while now, and I bought Chantecaille Contour fil some months ago on your recommendation, and I'm VERY glad I did. I loved it from the first time I tried it: smoothing and like a lip primer to keep lip color lasting longer.

I don't use it everyday, either, but when I'm making a more-than-everyday effort, I put it on first, and by the time I am ready to color my lips, it feels as though I'm wearing someone else's much better lips (in a non-Hannibal Lecter way, of course). I've even forgotten to put on lipstick after applying it.

Great recommendation.

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:33 pm

It may sounds crazy but I brush my lips every day twice (mornings & evenings) then my HG lip balm is the fagrance free Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream (the classic tube). Since I've been doing this no dry flakes whatsoever anymore and my lipstick goes on flawlessly!
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi Eve, amazing ! it does feel the same way on my lips. Gosh it makes them look and feel so much sexier and you definitely know something is going on on your lips when you rub them and feeling them this way makes me behave and talk in a more "glamorous" way... ;) Still in love with it, will always be. I have now a Suqqu to try and a Murad lip balm/cream and I will check out how these compare.

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 pm

Melissa, I would love to do that, my lips are insanely delicate (like hell delicate), if I brush them I may irritate them and get side effects. I might try with a very soft brush, hmmm I am just thinking about a Koyudo brush to wash lips :D Great idea !!! :think:

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:52 pm

smtadmin wrote:Melissa, I would love to do that, my lips are insanely delicate (like hell delicate), if I brush them I may irritate them and get side effects. I might try with a very soft brush, hmmm I am just thinking about a Koyudo brush to wash lips :D Great idea !!! :think:

Sonia, I take the softest tooth brush my drug store has and the trick is to hold them under hot water for few seconds. That will make the brush a lot softer. And when you're brushing yr lips dont put pressure on it. Oh and you have to wet your lips first before u brush them. But since Im brushing my lips after brushing my teeth they will be wet anyway. Give it a try! I do have flaky sensitive lips too and maybe they just get used to it by now!
brush hoarder ;-)

Gladys L.

Postby Gladys L. » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Melissa wrote:It may sounds crazy but I brush my lips every day twice (mornings & evenings) then my HG lip balm is the fagrance free Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream (the classic tube). Since I've been doing this no dry flakes whatsoever anymore and my lipstick goes on flawlessly!

The 8 hour cream is a very well and frequently shared tips by makeup artist in Hong Kong too, Melissa, you rules! :clap:

eveh42

Postby eveh42 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:42 pm

The Eight-Hour Cream is a great idea (assuming the taste is ok), and I've read on at least one blog that you should get a baby toothbrush to use on your lips (the blogger uses one from--you guessed it!--Japan).

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Pheeewww....thought I was the only crazy 1 out there brushing my lips :) Guess Im not that twisted as I thought LOL

Great idea using a baby/todler tooth brush!!
brush hoarder ;-)

AngelaDay

Postby AngelaDay » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:18 pm

Here are a few tips to get smooth and beautiful lips.
1. Rub a little sugar on your lips, but gently..acts like a scrub that will remove dead skin cells...apply a moisturizer and lip balm (or just plain Vaseline) directly after wards. Drink a lot of water later as dehydration can also cause dry lips. and use a lip balm with a SPF 15 to protect against the sun.

2. Mix about a teaspoon of sugar with a drop or two of water...so its basically a little mushy but not much. Then simply dip your toothbrush in the mixture and basically, well, brush your lips.

3. Try honey, just dab some of it on your lips and leave it overnight. When you wake up they'll be smooth and plump. You could even use it as a lip gloss if it doesn't bother you. Also drink lots of water and to exfoliate, after brushing your teeth very gently brush your lips it'll take away all of the dead skin. It's one of my favorite home remedies for chapped lips.

4. Apply rose water to your lips. It really helps making your lips smooth.

5. Constantly slicking on petroleum jelly on 'em, especially when you go to sleep, they're so full and plum when you wake up...
Hopefully, these tips will be helpful for you.

Return to “Beauty General”