Hakuhodo

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Hakuhodo

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:03 pm

I was recently in Japan but when I got back and I even found a way to need more brushes (despite the local haul), I absolutely wanted this S146 Eye Shadow Brush and I forgot to get it, it's the perfect small crease brush if you want a precise soft application. I also ordered the Fan Brush white (which reminds me a lot of the Koyudo H013 http://sweetmakeuptemptations.com/2013/ ... -fan-h013/, similar in softness and in thickness), the G545 (that I believe my friend Nikoleta recommended me), this is smaller than its bigger similar sister so better for smaller application of cream blush or highlight, more firm too and I also saw the G5519 that I instantly fell in love with when I was over but for some reason (financial) I had to wait to get it. This G5519 has a very unique shape, very different from other blush brushes, thicker and more tapered, not cheap but worth it. Yes it was totally worth it, happy with the haul, I don't know why I haven't bought the S146 before because I always was looking for smaller crease brushes. Anyway, it's done now !
haulhaku.jpg
haulhaku.jpg (86.72 KiB) Viewed 8070 times
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

roman holiday

Re: Hakuhodo

Postby roman holiday » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:46 pm

I love the Hakuhodo brushes & purchased the travel set with the lacquered red handles.

The lip brush, shadow & powder brush all work..

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:45 pm

I have about 4 or 5 of the S100 series but don't use them. I think I just bought them to look at. Don't want to spoil the beauty. :shhh:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Cannes

Postby Cannes » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:14 pm

I love my 2 S100 series brushes and use them all the time. I find myself using my S121G daily to blend everything or to apply highlighter to my cheekbones. I was saddened a couple weeks ago when I noticed that the tip of my S125 chipped due to my carelessness. So, I'm being extra, extra careful with my S121G.
~ Christina

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00 am

I totally get the fact they are more fragile than others...
that's why some people only drive Ferraris at weekends :D
I agree, they are a fragile but I don't think I would be strong enough to resist a Ferrari anyway. For daily use and high enduring usage I try to persuade myself not to use them but I won't need them once I leave this world like they say in Spain so ....
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

kitkat

Postby kitkat » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:42 pm

I don't own a Hakuhodo brush (Yet!) but I would love to try one of their many cheek brushes. My only problem is that there are SO many to choose from and I can't seem to narrow which one I want. I also have trouble referencing them since they're named with just letters and numbers and I'm so bad at remembering numbers!

juujubez

Postby juujubez » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Hello fellow brush lovers! I am so glad that this forum in is effect and thank you Sonia for the hard work in getting this up and running! :ty:

When I discovered other brush companies such as Chikuhodo, Houkodou, Koyudo etc. my brush collection just exploded. I don`t wear eye makeup so all of my brushes are either highlighting or blush brushes. Why I need so many blush brushes...your guess is as good as mine! ;)

My favorite brush out of my collection are the Z series from Chiku and my Koyudo fu-pa14. I just want to pet it all the time lol.

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Yes the G5519 is definitely a really good brush.
I have found it a bit cheaper in a forum here. I don't know if i would have bought it that early for full price at hakuhodo because its an investment.
I like all my blush brushes and using them for different blush products. This brush is denser and bigger than Chikuhodo Z4 or my Koyudo Red S. thats what i like about it :) I would say that all the different brand dont have THE product i like all of them as a good blush brush thats the point because i have lots of diffenrent blush brushes :D

Raglo

Postby Raglo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:31 am

smtadmin wrote:I totally get the fact they are more fragile than others...
that's why some people only drive Ferraris at weekends :D
I agree, they are a fragile but I don't think I would be strong enough to resist a Ferrari anyway. For daily use and high enduring usage I try to persuade myself not to use them but I won't need them once I leave this world like they say in Spain so ....

Bwahahaa! Referring to the s100 series as Ferraris :D . Brilliant, my work here is done :lol: !
Veni, vidi... Bought it.

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Would you believe it, I JUST did my first major Hakuhodo brush haul!? I got three small brushes previously, but this time, I picked up a few more and am going to leave the rest on my list for Japan. With two other friends, we made an order just over 1k....

Picked up the G5515, G521 D1, G5511, J4004, J125R, J544, J602 (for travel!), Mizubake, and the G5557. That's all for now, folks!

Return to “Beauty General”