HAUL + Pics

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
gatos

Re: HAUL + Pics

Postby gatos » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:05 am

midnitedesire wrote:You know,I thought of you while I've made a little sneak peek :lol: :lol:

Actually some of the products here I've re-purchased for the used up and almost used up ones e.g. LM Moisturizer Crème, Shu under base mousse, YSL rouge volupté, Kiehl's Over night peel, Chanel eyeliner in Espresso and Celadon , which I really like. well lately, I also have been going crazy buying up selftanner and lipstick but I fell head over heels in love with Michael Kors bronze powder in Flush and by terry terrybly lipstick, You know wish I had 20 cheeks and 20 lips ,I'm not posting pic here b/c I've got it at local department store a couple of weeks back

Mushroom brush,that's what I thought too before,hun! it has been on my wishlist for over a year, I not that 'caved to buy it' but after I noticed that it comes with zippered pouch so I grabbed one. I think it's a perm. So you can get it whenever there's a down-time.
and I've tried to lay down the foundation with paddle brush then buff with this soccer ball ..oh man it's good ,for the Canadian Squirrel brush I will post comparison pics and my opinion later, I PROMISE

Aww thank youuu, you are the best :romance-heartspink: can't wait to see the comparisons, and yeah, I think I am going to give in to the mushroom pretty soon, I just must have it. I also just bought 3 by Terry lipsticks, so good! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: at the 20 cheeks/lips, seriously that's how many I would need to use up all of my lipsticks in a finite amount of time :confusion-seeingstars: I swear they reproduce when I am not looking...

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:19 am

Bonnie wrote:Can't remember who asked what, so I'll just reply them all here haha! Yes, a samoyed and they are gorgeous!!! I've been talking to the breeder about the weather and obviously, how they'll adapt to the heat. Since she's breeding them... I guess they do survive! Apparently the double coat keeps them warm in winter and cool in summer, but they will blow their coat when it warms up. I am prepared to start collected samoyed hair for a brush LOLOL!!! But seriously, apparently samoyed hair can be spun to make really nice yarn? Either way, super excited!!! And furiously trying to save for that and so many incoming sets that are supposedly LE!

I probably need help naming her... kabuki? White mushroom lolol? She will be a white ball of fluff.... with teeth haha!

On to hauls and brushes :) my mushroom has no lettering either :( I bought it from CDJ waaay back when they had a sale on it. I'm in world cup fever atm, and really want the football!!!

Bonnie, You could name her "Mushbuki" or "Mabuki" or "Muki"???? half mushroom, half kabuki LOLLLL

And here are a couple of pics I took for you ;)

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:21 am

@Carlyn

LO-4 too?? Aww what a pity! I don't understand why it was NOT come with Koyudo engraved? cost saving? it just doesn't sound a wee bit logical imo . The other day my brother saw the kabuki on display in my room and asked "Why this one don't have a label?" *Pointed at the mushroom brush* "are you sure it's not a fake?" Oh don't get me started !!! lmao

Okay now you made me cry a little hahaha I gave away my habanera a few months ago to my cuz along with a few other RBR products but I have to admit she looked way better in it than I did and just I never reached for it as much anymore :( Please DO! post your haul,hun! we'd love to see those :drool:

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:22 am

gatos wrote:
midnitedesire wrote:You know,I thought of you while I've made a little sneak peek :lol: :lol:

Actually some of the products here I've re-purchased for the used up and almost used up ones e.g. LM Moisturizer Crème, Shu under base mousse, YSL rouge volupté, Kiehl's Over night peel, Chanel eyeliner in Espresso and Celadon , which I really like. well lately, I also have been going crazy buying up selftanner and lipstick but I fell head over heels in love with Michael Kors bronze powder in Flush and by terry terrybly lipstick, You know wish I had 20 cheeks and 20 lips ,I'm not posting pic here b/c I've got it at local department store a couple of weeks back

Mushroom brush,that's what I thought too before,hun! it has been on my wishlist for over a year, I not that 'caved to buy it' but after I noticed that it comes with zippered pouch so I grabbed one. I think it's a perm. So you can get it whenever there's a down-time.
and I've tried to lay down the foundation with paddle brush then buff with this soccer ball ..oh man it's good ,for the Canadian Squirrel brush I will post comparison pics and my opinion later, I PROMISE

Aww thank youuu, you are the best :romance-heartspink: can't wait to see the comparisons, and yeah, I think I am going to give in to the mushroom pretty soon, I just must have it. I also just bought 3 by Terry lipsticks, so good! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: at the 20 cheeks/lips, seriously that's how many I would need to use up all of my lipsticks in a finite amount of time :confusion-seeingstars: I swear they reproduce when I am not looking...

Reproduce itself? raises hand!!!! that is totally me too but for us girls can never have too much lipstick ,right? LOLLL :laughing-rolling:

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:35 pm

midnitedesire wrote:
Bonnie wrote:Can't remember who asked what, so I'll just reply them all here haha! Yes, a samoyed and they are gorgeous!!! I've been talking to the breeder about the weather and obviously, how they'll adapt to the heat. Since she's breeding them... I guess they do survive! Apparently the double coat keeps them warm in winter and cool in summer, but they will blow their coat when it warms up. I am prepared to start collected samoyed hair for a brush LOLOL!!! But seriously, apparently samoyed hair can be spun to make really nice yarn? Either way, super excited!!! And furiously trying to save for that and so many incoming sets that are supposedly LE!

I probably need help naming her... kabuki? White mushroom lolol? She will be a white ball of fluff.... with teeth haha!

On to hauls and brushes :) my mushroom has no lettering either :( I bought it from CDJ waaay back when they had a sale on it. I'm in world cup fever atm, and really want the football!!!

Bonnie, You could name her "Mushbuki" or "Mabuki" or "Muki"???? half mushroom, half kabuki LOLLLL

And here are a couple of pics I took for you ;)

Haha, Muki actually sounds sort of cute!

And thank you for those photos!! I love the artistic background - really goes well :P

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:38 pm

I skimmed part of that convo and for a moment, I thought we were reproducing lips and cheeks!!!

Which, tbh, is probably not a bad idea if we ever want to get through our ever-growing stash of makeup....

laura

Postby laura » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:17 pm

I had a bit of an end of a week when Chikuhodo came to town, I decided to check out Koyudo in Loft (disappointment), a Hakuhodo shop where I hadn't been yet and Yojiya brushes for the first time. I was very good and bought only two brushes, still little undecided on which pencil brush I will choose (Chiku or Haku, I might go with Haku as I finally found something not too big and not too hard). I've been wanting the Haku Yachiyo brushe(s) for the longest time, but saw that Yojiya had a set too, and decided to go with the largest because... it was SO CHEAP, about 1800¥ - when as Haku is about 4000¥. Why haven't I heard anyone talking about this? I might be just blind, whatever. ;)

It's very nice and soft goat, white goat hair (not as magic soft as my Koyudo green flower brush from Glamour Sales). Except mine has one black hair which I find very cute, haha. The brushes at the shop were in a pretty rough shape, bent and bristles all over the place, but the Yojiya lady let me take a look at the new ones before purchasing and all. I'm very happy with this. <3

(sorry for the poor pics, it was in the middle of the night and I didn't use a real camera as I was too lazy/excited!)

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:41 pm

laura wrote:I had a bit of an end of a week when Chikuhodo came to town, I decided to check out Koyudo in Loft (disappointment), a Hakuhodo shop where I hadn't been yet and Yojiya brushes for the first time. I was very good and bought only two brushes, still little undecided on which pencil brush I will choose (Chiku or Haku, I might go with Haku as I finally found something not too big and not too hard). I've been wanting the Haku Yachiyo brushe(s) for the longest time, but saw that Yojiya had a set too, and decided to go with the largest because... it was SO CHEAP, about 1800¥ - when as Haku is about 4000¥. Why haven't I heard anyone talking about this? I might be just blind, whatever. ;)

It's very nice and soft goat, white goat hair (not as magic soft as my Koyudo green flower brush from Glamour Sales). Except mine has one black hair which I find very cute, haha. The brushes at the shop were in a pretty rough shape, bent and bristles all over the place, but the Yojiya lady let me take a look at the new ones before purchasing and all. I'm very happy with this. <3

(sorry for the poor pics, it was in the middle of the night and I didn't use a real camera as I was too lazy/excited!)

Congrats on your new babies Laura!!!
I have bought 1 Yichiya brush in the past but I have it away since I didnt like the density of it and somehow it felt a bit rough on my face. Besides it started to shed like crazy! I also checked out the Yojiya versions when I was in Kyoto. Felt kind a the same and they are indeed cheaper than Haku. I took 1 of the botanbake brush though and I love it. Its kind a the smaller baby sis of the RM
Radiance. In case u dont know yet Haku is the manufacturer for Yojiya! Thats why their "Kokutan" handled brushes look the same as Haku!

Enjoy yr new furry babies!!!
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:07 pm

laura wrote:I had a bit of an end of a week when Chikuhodo came to town, I decided to check out Koyudo in Loft (disappointment), a Hakuhodo shop where I hadn't been yet and Yojiya brushes for the first time. I was very good and bought only two brushes, still little undecided on which pencil brush I will choose (Chiku or Haku, I might go with Haku as I finally found something not too big and not too hard). I've been wanting the Haku Yachiyo brushe(s) for the longest time, but saw that Yojiya had a set too, and decided to go with the largest because... it was SO CHEAP, about 1800¥ - when as Haku is about 4000¥. Why haven't I heard anyone talking about this? I might be just blind, whatever. ;)

I do have this little baby! It's someone still packed up along with all my other brushes from trip to Japan... still. It's very petite for a 'large'!! (at least, I think i have the large lol)

laura

Postby laura » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Melissa wrote:Congrats on your new babies Laura!!!
I have bought 1 Yichiya brush in the past but I have it away since I didnt like the density of it and somehow it felt a bit rough on my face. Besides it started to shed like crazy! I also checked out the Yojiya versions when I was in Kyoto. Felt kind a the same and they are indeed cheaper than Haku. I took 1 of the botanbake brush though and I love it. Its kind a the smaller baby sis of the RM
Radiance. In case u dont know yet Haku is the manufacturer for Yojiya! Thats why their "Kokutan" handled brushes look the same as Haku!

Enjoy yr new furry babies!!!

Yeah, I'm sort of expecting this to shred some point or another (damn my eyeshadow brushes bought this year look scary already even tho handle and wash with care), but so needed another cheek brush as I have a sin for blushes.. Japanese style.. a lot and boldly. And a yachiyo looks so pretty and old school too, every manufacturer has a copy. I wanna belong into the cool kids club.

Who I'm kidding. I'm a broke student and I want Chiku's R-C2. I kinda also bought this brush quickly so I'd stop drooling over R-C2 in my dreams and skip walking to Isetan on next week to get it. An impulsive buy to save from another impulse, so to say. Because I don't have food to eat or train tickets. :oops: :snooty: :D The lady at Chiku was so lovely too! *totally sucker for good service* Well, at least I know it's a darling brush if I'll get it later online.

Bonnie, you're right! It's not huge right!

Return to “Beauty General”