HAUL + Pics

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Kumamon

Re: HAUL + Pics

Postby Kumamon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:36 am

I love all the kabukis lined up like that! So cute! Also, we are Suqqu blush twins. I love Mizumomo. ^_^

I agree with Melissa about the quality of the Yojiya traditional brushes. I felt the yachiyos in store and they didn't feel so great. I came home with the mizubake, but it shed a bit when I washed it so it worried me. :/ I have no problems with my Hakuhodo yachiyos.

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:17 pm

@ Laura: Yes, super petite!!!

Re quality: it definitely does feel a little flimsy in comparison! I don't have the hakuhodo yachiyos, just the old Nars yachiyo, and that feels as if it is of better quality...

laura

Postby laura » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:59 pm

I've been liking my Yojiya yachiyo. It was expected it might not be as awesome, I might have preferred the tapered version, but so far I've been really enjoying this brush. I think the size is wonderful and it's easy to use, for blending and dabbing a blush. Of course it's all different feeling when you're sweeping with a squirrel or a blend brush, but I think this is a nice and cute little brush, and wonderful for it's price. Of course the Haku is better, but it's also little more than double the price. So far no shredding or whatsoever, only time will tell. I don't own any Nars brushes, but in the store it felt really poky in comparison.

Btw, I went back to Yojiya and oooh the cafe is amazing. Tofu tiramisu. Bliss.

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:14 am

@ Kumamon Yay! I love it too! perfect for summer :D LOLLLLL the kabukis, it def is hard to resist isn't it?

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:15 am

laura wrote:I had a bit of an end of a week when Chikuhodo came to town, I decided to check out Koyudo in Loft (disappointment), a Hakuhodo shop where I hadn't been yet and Yojiya brushes for the first time. I was very good and bought only two brushes, still little undecided on which pencil brush I will choose (Chiku or Haku, I might go with Haku as I finally found something not too big and not too hard). I've been wanting the Haku Yachiyo brushe(s) for the longest time, but saw that Yojiya had a set too, and decided to go with the largest because... it was SO CHEAP, about 1800¥ - when as Haku is about 4000¥. Why haven't I heard anyone talking about this? I might be just blind, whatever. ;)

It's very nice and soft goat, white goat hair (not as magic soft as my Koyudo green flower brush from Glamour Sales). Except mine has one black hair which I find very cute, haha. The brushes at the shop were in a pretty rough shape, bent and bristles all over the place, but the Yojiya lady let me take a look at the new ones before purchasing and all. I'm very happy with this. <3

(sorry for the poor pics, it was in the middle of the night and I didn't use a real camera as I was too lazy/excited!)

Congrats!! I hope you enjoy your new baby ;)
At first glance I thought it was hakuhodo yachiyo till I kept reading and realized it was yojiya brush lol

Ahh, Sonia got me interested in their ebony chikurisu if it wasn't so difficult to get my hands on one :D

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:12 am

Hello ladies, I just got it a few days ago , I'm way too excited about this second canadian squirrel, it has been a long awaited one for me LOLLL and after several uses and washes

so far from what I can tell they all has a good amount of spring so it really does the best work at blending and depositing color. It feels soft and wonderful on the skin ,certainly not as soft as some-grey or red squirrel but really its just a little bit
although they may have been made from the same type of hair but they tend to be a little bit different. My first version of red squirrel blush brush is slightly softer than the other two, not sure but I think my brush is actually getting softer and I've had it over a year now

and as you can see the 1st red squirrel brush is more splayed out especially if you're looking on the flat side of the brush ,its similar in shape to the canadian squirrel second batch but not quite , canadian squirrel first batch has a bit more narrow at the tip and second batch of canadian squirrel is slightly larger than 1st batch and a bit more fluffy than both brushes

Anyhow, the painted flower, canadian squirrel first batch doesn't seem like hand painted imo as I couldn't see any brush strokes of some type or even the very faint , the surface does feel too smooth to the touch and I almost can't feel the tiny little layers of it as I pass my fingers across paint, it looks more like a thin layer of screen printed if you ask me. or different techniques of maki-e, MAYBE? on the other hand you can tell there's little brush strokes or some kind of sprinkle of gold powder?? on the canadian squirrel second batch brush. I think I need a magnifying glass for my brushes now LOLLLLL :laughing-rolling:

Overall I do love the these canadian squirrel brushes, but second batch, it really seems to be the star of the two

Well...I can't get this one out of my mind.

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:19 am

Tesla hehe you canadian freak :laughing-rolling: V02 looks so fluffy compared to V01 ?!
Go go go ! :angelic-innocent:
http://www.kihitsu.jp/?cn=100081&shc=10000128

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Tell me about it :lol:   I kind of wish they would release 'rounded shape that comes with beautiful Maki-e art in larger size' or at least 'suqqu cheek in shape and size +  canadian squirrel bristles + maki-e handle' :pray: :laughing-rolling:

gatos

Postby gatos » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:06 pm

Thank you thank you Tesla for posting these!!! I am glad to read I am not insane by seeing some stroke texture on the little flower of my V-2 brush. Side by side they do look much like Sarah's pic of the set's cheek brush vs V-1. Your babies look beautiful together! And of course your awesome picture of the MK handles is making me want the MK-1 now... Jesus woman, I'm gonna have to stop clicking on your posts :laughing-rolling:

And that pretty handle at the end... Mmmh maybe we (and by we I mean Sonia :lol: ) could ask Koyudo if they could make a special brush like that for us?

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:35 am

I'm feeling a little guilty now , I only hope you won't choose to click away the next time when you see my screen name
well,I know you own the MK-2 ,so repeat after me,hun! "only one, just one , I don't need another one!" gotta keep saying that! it doesn't work for me LOLLL :laughing-rolling:
but the Maki-e roses is even more GORGEOUSSSSSSSS in person and its one of my top favorites I must say :romance-heartsthree:

editing my post: typo error
Last edited by midnitedesire on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Beauty General”