HAUL + Pics

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
brushjunkie

Re: HAUL + Pics

Postby brushjunkie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Melissa wrote:Ohhh CRAPPPPP really Bea??? Well I have her email here clearly stating that both the cup AND handles are made of porcelain. That was the main reason WHY I ordered them!!! I will wait for mine to arrive and will email her ASAP!

Great am glad you have it on email!!
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:51 pm

I'm very disappointed that these aren't porcelain. I also bought these with that expectation. I'm going to email them too if they aren't. We should all protest. That's false advertising.

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:24 pm

IMG_7993a.JPG
Not part of IMATS but my Chikuhodo acquisitions on visageusa.com. The makie box is to die for.....
In pics I've seen, it looks black but it is not. It has a red/black thing going on and if you look at the bottom of my pic you'll see something like an inlay for want of a better description. It so pretty. There are 3 makie boxes on the website, but this one is more expensive than the other two. It's priced at $43US and I got the 18% discount. I would have no problems paying full price for it that's how much I love the damn box lol. Thank you Angela for muling! :ty: :dance: :lol: :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

sin

Postby sin » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Lyanna Stark wrote:
sin wrote:...and my personal shopper finally received my order after what feels like months of waiting...

Which Haku brush? And what a pretty roll! Does it have an intended purpose?

It's the Japan exclusive S134bk.
I have high hopes for this one, I hope it will be a HG for at least one of the uses I have in mind for it (concealer, cream eyeshadow, base eyeshadow, lipstick) ...
The pouch is a single brush pouch from Hakuhodo, depending on the size of the brushes you can fit more in it. Here's a thread with pictures of the inside and more colorways:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=509
I am slowly amassing a little army of small brush pouches but none of them can carry brushes above ~15cm, so this will come in very handy.

@brushjunkie
Beautiful. It gives the effect that the flowers are floating.
They should offer more designs like that. I can't wait to see what else will jump out of your shopping bag.

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:19 pm

sin wrote:It's the Japan exclusive S134bk.
I have high hopes for this one, I hope it will be a HG for at least one of the uses I have in mind for it (concealer, cream eyeshadow, base eyeshadow, lipstick) ...

Very interesting. No idea what tamage is like. Hope you get a chance to review it.

gatos

Postby gatos » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:00 pm

@sin: hey, we're in sync! I also just got my first Haku Tamage (Kokutan SC) and single pouch :) I haven't used the tamage brush yet but I love how soft yet firm it feels, I think it will be wonderful for packing on both powder and cream colours.

@Lyanna: Tamage is really soft at the tips but has a very nice firmness to it, I also had never experienced it but after I touched Bea's Kokutan SC, I had to have one too! :lol:

@Bea: I'm gonna have to come over again, I already forgot what else you got, and I need to take a closer look at that gorgeous box!

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:05 pm

@Sin, here is my Tamage brushes comp together with Koyudo "yellow squirrel" and LSY:
http://instagram.com/p/u5C_aQxHkI/
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

sin

Postby sin » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Washed the Tamage brush today to do a swatching marathon tomorrow :).

The pouch: There are things I really love about it and things I wished they would have done different. I love the fabric, the finish is holographic, it has a lot more depth to it than the pictures would make you think. I could stare at it for hours! The fabric they used on the inside is a nice surprise, it doesn't feel and look as cheap and plasticky as I imagined it would be. But the cord they used feels and looks so cheap to me, there are better options out there in the textile word I think. I wish they had made the pouch less pliable or put a cushioning between the outer and inner fabric, imo it offers only a minimum of protection. I still feel that it is worth it's price, but I would have paid the higher price for a pouch that would have the mentioned features.

gatos wrote:@sin: hey, we're in sync! I also just got my first Haku Tamage (Kokutan SC) and single pouch :) I haven't used the tamage brush yet but I love how soft yet firm it feels, I think it will be wonderful for packing on both powder and cream colours.

Yes it is very soft and I love the look of it. I hope you get to use yours soon!
Did you get it in midnight blue to match your larger pouch?

Melissa wrote:@Sin, here is my Tamage brushes comp together with Koyudo "yellow squirrel" and LSY:
http://instagram.com/p/u5C_aQxHkI/

What do you think triggered my order? :mrgreen:

Any news about the LSY order "mishap"? I think I read earlier today that Bea returned her order...

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:59 pm

brushjunkie wrote:
Bonnie wrote:
brushjunkie wrote:
IMG_7692.JPG
LSY Porcelain set came today. They are really pretty. I love the handles. Unfortunately the cup that came with the set arrived damaged so I have to see about getting it replaced. I can't really comment on the hairs yet. They seem soft but I am not sure if the odd texture that I am feeling is that stuff they put on to protect the hairs while in transit. Here is an initial pic for your viewing pleasure! :mrgreen:

Well, these look really pretty!! What are the handles like? How do they feel??

I've just revisited them since my initial pics. I had taken quick shots, washed the large handle and promptly forgot about them because of IMATS and Hakuhodo. I think they aren't really porcelain handles. :( :cry: :evil: I've emailed LSY regarding this. I'll keep you guys updated.

Aww, i'm sad to hear that they aren't what you expected, Jolene was somewhat disappointed too

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:01 pm

brushjunkie wrote:
IMG_7993a.JPG
Not part of IMATS but my Chikuhodo acquisitions on visageusa.com. The makie box is to die for.....
In pics I've seen, it looks black but it is not. It has a red/black thing going on and if you look at the bottom of my pic you'll see something like an inlay for want of a better description. It so pretty. There are 3 makie boxes on the website, but this one is more expensive than the other two. It's priced at $43US and I got the 18% discount. I would have no problems paying full price for it that's how much I love the damn box lol. Thank you Angela for muling! :ty: :dance: :lol: :mrgreen:

I want Takumi T-1 head or grey squirrel with this handle ,soooooo bad !!! Love that SEXY COFFIN !! :D

Return to “Beauty General”