HAUL + Pics

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
midnitedesire

Re: HAUL + Pics

Postby midnitedesire » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Yay!!!! glad you love it! atm i rediscover some old favorites,the oldies but goodies giorgio armani sheer blush and a few months ago I caved and bought the Ipsa face color palette which is really lovely and surprisingly flattering ,somehow it reminds me of suqqu gradation cheeks and I've really been loving them :D it never ends ,does it? hahaha :laughing-rolling:

sin

Postby sin » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:30 am

Jeanette wrote:It got me thinking that maybe I should source a sewing box in Japan. I've been looking for a new one for a couple of years, but not found a good looking one. Maybe Japan has some, as they make so many beautiful things. I just don't know where to look :doh:

If you tell me what you are looking for (material, decoration style, price point...) I can help you find one :).

gatos wrote:How did it go with the Tamage? I still haven't tried mine, have a few new ones from the past weeks and still not done testing them all. Would love to hear what you like it for best!

Tbh so far I am not loving the S134 for anything. In my experience it's not made to pack on much pigment with powder & cream products and leaves a very diffused edge - which are two attributes I would love if there weren't some other things that cancel out its good qualities for me. With powder eyeshadows I find that it looks like it's picking up an even layer, but applies it somewhat uneven, especially if the eyeshadow contains any shimmer (which is also the case if it's a cream eyeshadow with shimmer). I have tried it with lipsticks and while it applies a very thin layer which would make it ideal for dark lipstick its characteristic to leave a diffused edge doesn't make it suitable for applying layer after layer to get a long lasting and crisp lip. I think it could be good for a bitten, very blotted down look. Its thin tip inspired me to try it with eyeliner, the softness of the hairs makes the brush floppy when it's used to line and smudge, too much wriggling and skin moving around for my taste.
Unfortunately I am still trying to find a concealer texture that I like so no magic happening here, with waxy textures it leaves a streaky finish but it applies liquid concealer well, very thin. I like how the hairs don't soak up product, I think you can reapply many times before the brush hairs start to clump.

To be fair, I don't like the brush this one reminds me of much either: MAC 239. The Tamage is of course thinner, softer and more flexible, the brush head dimensions are very similar though. The MAC brush is a more versatile eye brush due to its white goat hair....

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:46 am

IMG_9459ab.JPG
Okay pretty pic time! For those not on Instagram. Hakuhodo S104 :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:37 pm

That's so much lovely white fluffiness. :P

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:41 pm

sin wrote:
Jeanette wrote:It got me thinking that maybe I should source a sewing box in Japan. I've been looking for a new one for a couple of years, but not found a good looking one. Maybe Japan has some, as they make so many beautiful things. I just don't know where to look :doh:

If you tell me what you are looking for (material, decoration style, price point...) I can help you find

Oh :ty: , Sin!
Well good quality, not too small, different spaces for a lot of threads, accessories for sewing and the sewing machine. Made of wood. And a big space for scissors. If you find a link, I'd love to see what is available in Japan :D

sin

Postby sin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:42 am

brushjunkie wrote:
IMG_9459ab.JPG

Is it NYE already? :mrgreen: Such a fluffball!

Jeanette wrote:Well good quality, not too small, different spaces for a lot of threads, accessories for sewing and the sewing machine. Made of wood. And a big space for scissors. If you find a link, I'd love to see what is available in Japan :D

No price point? So you are ok with 100000 Yen antique sewing boxes? ;)
I will try to find some links for you this weekend :)

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:29 am

IMG_9996a.jpg
Koyudo CES maple leaf set. Love, love, love!! :mrgreen:
Bea

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:05 pm

They are beautiful, Bea! The brush heads look so lush, yummy :drool:

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:07 pm

sin wrote:
brushjunkie wrote:
IMG_9459ab.JPG

Is it NYE already? :mrgreen: Such a fluffball!

Jeanette wrote:Well good quality, not too small, different spaces for a lot of threads, accessories for sewing and the sewing machine. Made of wood. And a big space for scissors. If you find a link, I'd love to see what is available in Japan :D

No price point? So you are ok with 100000 Yen antique sewing boxes? ;)
I will try to find some links for you this weekend :)

Thank you, Sin :ty: Not exactly no price point ... ;) I'd love to look at some links :D :ty:

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:12 pm

Jeanette wrote:They are beautiful, Bea! The brush heads look so lush, yummy :drool:

:ty: Jeanette! Cat is coming over on Saturday and will bring her Kiwami brush. We want to compare it to the Kihitsu brushes. I am hoping if they can stand up to the kiwami then my lemming won't be so hard and I can stop kicking myself for missing out on it, (yeah right). :lol: :mrgreen:

I don't know if I want to see Sin's links for Jeanette's quest. :doh: :naughty:
Bea

Return to “Beauty General”