Facial massage

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Lyanna Stark

Re: Facial massage

Postby Lyanna Stark » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Whee ! Confetti !! wrote:@Lyanna I love cleansing oils !! Massaging my face when removing make up is one of my favorite steps of my routine. Absolute favorite cleansing oils are the rose and green tea ones from the brand: RE:CIPE (CARE CARA before) it's perfect. Mineral oil free, removes all make up even waterproof mascaras, it emulsifies well and it's not that expensive (around 20$)
My "problem" with Shu Uemura's is that it is 80€ here in France and it's mostly made of mineral oil (that's what I read on the bottles I've seen, first ingredient in the list) for that price I find it unacceptable.

Thanks, Whee, I will look for RE:CIPE.

Yes, I know the Shu is mostly mineral oil, this is why I went sampling a lot of other brands. But in the end, nothing else I tried was as pleasant or effective. For me, anyway. But I am always on the lookout for comparable alternatives!

Whee ! Confetti !!

Postby Whee ! Confetti !! » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:35 pm

Yeah I understand ! And since it is washed out, it is less problematic than in creams or serums.

Let me know if you do try it ! I'm so curious to know your opinion compared to the Shu one !
You can find it easily on Ebay (I usually buy it from "blueprint21") and it has a nice packaging ! >w< I wrote a review about it on my blog here: http://wheeconfetti.com/2014/01/21/les- ... es-recipe/ it's in French but you'll see how it looks like and how it removes make up from my arm. :lol:

I'm currently trying the cleansing oil from HABA (a Japanese brand making products without additives) and it is also great but more expensive and without the nice packaging and smell. It's called "Squa Cleansing"
Whee ! Confetti !! - Where there's confetti, there's a party !

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:10 pm

My favorite cleansing oil is the Tatcha Camellia cleansing oil found here: http://www.tatcha.com/shop/one-step-camellia-cleansin
They also have the best CS. One item in my order was wrong so they sent me the correct one and told me to keep the other one. So cool. They had a sale late November and I bought 3 more, 1 for my niece. I will be repurchasing.

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:19 am

Whee ! Confetti !! wrote:Let me know if you do try it ! I'm so curious to know your opinion compared to the Shu one !
You can find it easily on Ebay (I usually buy it from "blueprint21") and it has a nice packaging ! >w< I wrote a review about it on my blog here: http://wheeconfetti.com/2014/01/21/les- ... es-recipe/ it's in French but you'll see how it looks like and how it removes make up from my arm. :lol:

K, will do.

And very excited to check out your blog!

Carlyn wrote:My favorite cleansing oil is the Tatcha Camellia cleansing oil found here: http://www.tatcha.com/shop/one-step-camellia-cleansin
They also have the best CS. One item in my order was wrong so they sent me the correct one and told me to keep the other one. So cool. They had a sale late November and I bought 3 more, 1 for my niece. I will be repurchasing.

oof, another brand to try. I do keep hearing great things about Tatcha, though.

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:23 am

By the way, a Japanese drugstore brand to try: Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil. This actually works quite well and costs about $10US.

gatos

Postby gatos » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:37 am

Carlyn, I have been curious to try this oil, so with your recommendation I will purchase it later on when my current balm runs out. :ty:

My problem with Tatcha is that most of their serums and moisturizers have SD Alcohol in the top 5 ingredients. I am not too strict about ingredients, but for top quality skincare I really expect any non-fatty alcohols to be down towards the end, if at all. I was also sad to find that their eye cream has petrolatum as the 3rd ingredient, which is totally fine for those who like this as a skin protectant*, but like Whee I also find this unacceptable for $135.

*Sadly for myself, I learned the hard way that eye creams rich in petrolatum give me milia.

laura

Postby laura » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:30 am

We could have a separate cleansing oil discussion! Yessss! I love 'em, but to continue quickly, I love DHC over Shu Uemura samples I've tried. It's a mazing and available in many different sizes, even in convenience store! It's not that expensive the Internet editorials make you feel, but of course harder to get outside Japan in that good price. Right now, the FANCL is one the most popular (and advertised) here in Japan, which I'm keen to try. Next in my stash there's Etude House one, which is very affordable, I'll get back to you about that later.

I tried the Tanaka massage other night and it was very nice, but I couldn't stand the slow pace of the video. I got some new great.. uh.. moves :mrgreen: by watching it and really inspired to find out more about lymphatic massage. Especially the moves to help out fine lines around the mouth area or "smile wrinkles" were very nice and relaxing to do.

I'm familiar with the Chizu Saeki lotion mask thing, but not about massage.. Massage is very featured in various magazines in here, so I'm not too interested to buy a book yet, although interesting.

Whee ! Confetti !!

Postby Whee ! Confetti !! » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:52 am

gatos wrote:My problem with Tatcha is that most of their serums and moisturizers have SD Alcohol in the top 5 ingredients. I am not too strict about ingredients, but for top quality skincare I really expect any non-fatty alcohols to be down towards the end, if at all. I was also sad to find that their eye cream has petrolatum as the 3rd ingredient, which is totally fine for those who like this as a skin protectant*, but like Whee I also find this unacceptable for $135.
*Sadly for myself, I learned the hard way that eye creams rich in petrolatum give me milia.

Same here. I wanted to try several of their products but for that price, the ingredients list has to be irreproachable and it's not the case. I've seen mineral oil, petrolatum, silicones, alcohol. That prevented me from buying. :|
80€ and 135$ for a make up remover is really expensive and I don't mind the price when it's worth it. But at that price it can't be nothing but perfect. I've banned mineral oil and silicones from my skincare products but I don't mind them in make up.

I've never tried DHC but it's been on my "To Try" list for ages. And if I remember right their cleansing oil is mineral oil free.

@Laura Sometimes I'm downloading Japanese magazines and I'm always impressed how much massages tutorials they put in there. I wish I could understand what's written next to the pictures. :lol:
Whee ! Confetti !! - Where there's confetti, there's a party !

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:42 am

I was offered a chance to attend chanel workshop ,I think it was in 2011. in addition to this workshop, they taught the attendants how to do pearl-massage which I love :romance-heartsfade: and I've been doing it regularly ,I follow the chanel facial massage routine twice a day with moisturising cream, once in the morning and once at night right after I wash my face.

well I also love Rodial stemcell cleanser and Liz earle hot cloth cleanser that I can do a simple facial massage technique onto my dry face

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:36 pm

@Whee and gatos. A couple of years ago I bought almost every product in the Tatcha line which was way less than what they offer now, but the only two I continue to use are the cleansing oil($48) and the enzyme powder($65). These two are reasonably priced especially with the discount and since they last forever. I also watch for certain ingredients to avoid in my skincare, but mostly try to stay away from toxic stuff which can be difficult for me since I'm no expert with all the chemical names. I love reading these informative discussions. I feel it helps me become more informed with whats good for my skin or not. Thank you ladies!

@Midnite, can you share your Chanel massage technique with us?

Return to “Beauty General”