Facial massage

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
gatos

Re: Facial massage

Postby gatos » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:04 pm

Carlyn wrote:@Whee and gatos. A couple of years ago I bought almost every product in the Tatcha line which was way less than what they offer now, but the only two I continue to use are the cleansing oil($48) and the enzyme powder($65). These two are reasonably priced especially with the discount and since they last forever.

Oh that's good to hear, after browsing a bit more through their website yesterday, those were the two products that ended up in my cart! :D (I picked their EP for dry skin even though my skin is not too dry, liked the ing. list better.) I won't buy them just yet though, but tell me what is this discount you speak of?!

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Carlyn wrote:
@Midnite, can you share your Chanel massage technique with us?

CHM000.jpg

Sure hun ! hahaha to be honest , I kind of adapted it to make it easy for me and I'm not really sure if there's a noticeable improvement but I'm feeling really good about it. :mrgreen:

(1) Warm moisturiser in clean dry hands, use your middle and ring finger to massage, make sure you do the strokes in an upward motion, working outwards from the center of your face. begin with your cheeks, your forehead and then the lower part of the face

(2) Gently use forefingers move across your cheeks towards the ears in smoothing movement, then forehead and the lower face. and in an arms-crossed ** (Oops! what I meant was ,place your left hand on right side of your neck and right hand on left side of your neck but not at the same time ,if you know what I mean ;) ) ,using the palms of your hands, massage your neck by gently stroking upward

(3) Using the tips of the middle finger and the ring finger in a 'press and release' movement -> cheeks-> forehead -> the lower face

(4) Putting your hands over your face with your fingers on your forehead and palms on your cheeks then gently draw them out toward your ears.

hope this helps :D
Last edited by midnitedesire on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks so much Midnite, will start this tonight. The diagrams help and description help, you're so thoughtful :ty:

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:41 pm

gatos wrote:
Carlyn wrote:@Whee and gatos. A couple of years ago I bought almost every product in the Tatcha line which was way less than what they offer now, but the only two I continue to use are the cleansing oil($48) and the enzyme powder($65). These two are reasonably priced especially with the discount and since they last forever.

Oh that's good to hear, after browsing a bit more through their website yesterday, those were the two products that ended up in my cart! :D (I picked their EP for dry skin even though my skin is not too dry, liked the ing. list better.) I won't buy them just yet though, but tell me what is this discount you speak of?!

Sorry gatos, just saw this. Tatcha usually has a Friends and Family sale between Thanksgiving and Christmas, usually 20% off. That's when I replenish my supplies.

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:36 am

Carlyn wrote:Thanks so much Midnite, will start this tonight. The diagrams help and description help, you're so thoughtful :ty:

You're very welcome, luv! I hope you end up liking it ,it's actually not too difficult. Loving your new avatar, just way too cute!! :romance-inlove:

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Thanks Tesla :) I tried doing the massage last night but it was an epic fail. Imagine me trying to look at my phone screen to see the diagrams and read your directions and my little girl saying, "Mama, look at me, I'm doing magic, you're not looking at me, stop looking at your phone." Of course I had to stop and look at her 'magic'. I'll try again, after I put her to bed though.

laura

Postby laura » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:17 am

Thank you Midnite!

I'd like to know Suqqu's massage technique.. They have some promotions, including their massaging cream, but I have no idea about the technique itself.

I usually do movements up and from my center of the face to near ears, in the end I usually massage the sides my neck downwards, to promote the fluids to go away. Any non-tacky oil, cream or such will do. In no particular order I:

- Gently press the orbital bone area with my finders, I usually add little pressure but unlike on the first page's video, I don't want to cause any pain. Then, I swipe gently, but not full circle, as I don't want to drag the skin "down".
- With the tips of my fingers, I swipe the jaw line upwards, and sometimes I use the finger joints, in the middle of my fingers (not knuckles) - to get more of strength. Then using the tips of my fingers, or the side of my index finger to swipe horizontally.
- Swipe the forehead horizontally, placing the tips of the fingers in the middle, and going outwards. Sometimes massaging in a circular motion, without moving the fingertips.
- I separately massage the smile lines, the wrinkle of forehead or between eyebrows, whatever relaxes me. :) I saw on a video that there's acupuncture points in the middle of forehead and on your temples, by tapping them you can prevent wrinkles near eye area.

Hard to explain, I hope you get some idea.

sin

Postby sin » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:29 pm

laura, the Tanaka/Zogan massage essentialy is the Suqqu Gankin massage - the makeup artist who created it (Yukuko Tanaka) used to work for Suqqu. Either of them might have made some tweaks , but the basic steps should still be the same. Here's a video playlist that is a bit more in-depth
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3E2EE7549E97F563
First she shows the whole massage, then each step with common mistakes people make.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa Elridge's massage technique is heavily inspired by this, she has talked about the Suqqu massage multiple times and used it backstage on models.

There's a thread discussing this massage technique on the Essentialdayspa message boards, too.
From the back of my mind I think this was the common consensus:
- most people found the best results when using the massage every few days instead of every day
- find a cream or oil that keeps your skin well lubricated and slick through the whole massage (3-5 minutes)
- watch the video while doing the massage until you have everything ingrained into muscle memory
- the hardest part about this massage technique is finding the right pressure, it shouldn't be a light touch but not so hard that you injure your skin (I think there was one person who pressed so hard she got bruises?)
=>my conclusion: if you have the chance, go to a Suqqu counter and book a massage with them to learn the right pressure, in the UK the cost is redeemable against a purchase. I don't know if that's the case in Japan, too... it would be a good chance to finally get that Suqqu lipstick you love ;).

Her book including DVD:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/406213795X
Her body massage book:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4062137771

AngelaDay

Postby AngelaDay » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Wow, very great, precious and amazing information about facial massage. I'm definitely going to use these tips and techniques and I would like to share some amazing home remedies for beautiful,smooth and clear skin.
applying pure coconut water and leave it on for half an hour.den wash of with cold water, makes ur skin brighter,fairer and whiter instantly.
Here are some more home remedies to get clear skin that work like magic.

grind rose petals.make a paste by mixing some milk and apply on the lips before you go to bed......makes lips pinkish,softer and healthier.
applying honey mixed with lemon juice helps reduce wrinkles

turmeric,sandalwood and gram flour mixed with milk and applied on the skin as a pack help maintain the even tone......

regular use of a mixture of lemon juice and rosewater before going to bed will keep black heads,open pores and zit marks away.....

Return to “Beauty General”