Koh Gen Do

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Koh Gen Do

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Hello!
Beautylish have now Koh Gen Do !!
I wanted to try the foundation that would suit my dry skin, for a tone NW20, well quite neutral undertones, fair to medium, do you by any chance could recommend me a shade ??
I know there is a risk but I would love to order it.
Also what products are you loving from Koh ?
thank you sooo much :ty:
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

Melissa

Re: Koh Gen Do

Postby Melissa » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:43 pm

I bought this last year in Japan. Think its the best loose setting powder I've had so far! It looks very white in the jar but once applied it somehow gets a diffused lighting effect on yr skin, minimising my pores arond the nose area. Long wearing on me but I have a combo/dry skin. Not sure how it performs with oily skin.

And a huge plus because it contains Hyaluronic Acid and paraben free!!

Def worth to try! I see that they also have the pressed powder version of it.

https://www.kohgendocosmetics.com/Maifa ... p?catID=23
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:04 pm

thank you sweet Melissa :) :dance:
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:11 pm

I have the maifanshi foundation in the lightest shade 01 and i'm NW10 or so.
I don't use foundation very often because most of the time i only apply something on red areas and spots but to be honest i think i prefer the finish of my chnatecaille foundation but i wish this one could be as light as the maifanshi ;)

Kate from drivel about frivol wrote she likes it with her dry skin but i have combination skin with sometimes dry areas so i can't say it is really moisturizing at all....

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:59 pm

I like the Maifanshi Moisture foundation because my skin is dry. They recently reformulated it so I don't know what the new one is like. I have the 123 which is yellow based, but mix a teeny tiny bit of the darker 003 in the summer.

Love the lipsticks, very moisturizing. The RD03 and PK02 I have almost used up. I almost never finish a lipstick so that tells you something. The maifanshi lip gloss works miracles on my chapped lips. And the makeup remover was my HG until I got the Bioderma. They are very similar with the KGD edging it out just a smidge. Bioderma is a bit cheaper though.
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Magdalena

Postby Magdalena » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:47 am

Hi Sonia,

I have both Moisture and Aqua in 012 which is more on a cool side. My neck is quite sallow so i tend to bring the colour up. It may be too light of a shade for you but I am happy to put some in the pot and send across if you like to try.

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:18 am

You know I love my KGD - still my favourite foundation :)

I'm roughly a NC 25-27, and I used to wear the Aqua OC-2 mixed with either BE-1 or OC-1. I can get away with OC-2 in summer after a few days at the beach. I got rematched when I was in Singapore, and got the 213, which is perfect for my warm undertone.

In the Maifanshi I have 013, which was matched to my tone at the same time as I was in Singapore.

I think 123 from memory may be a good bet for you - or perhaps even a shade darker. The tone for that is slightly more neutral.

I also have the compact powder - the LE one. Love!

Return to “Beauty General”