What's your beauty confession?

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
alk1113

What's your beauty confession?

Postby alk1113 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Confession: I got a new credit card ONLY because it doesn't charge 'Foreign Transaction Fees' - I need it for my brush purchases Lol. :angelic-red:

Carlyn

Re: What's your beauty confession?

Postby Carlyn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:27 pm

Ohhhh, that's a good one! Can't blame you. Which company?

alk1113

Postby alk1113 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Carlyn wrote:Ohhhh, that's a good one! Can't blame you. Which company?

I went with Capital One Lol its not the most prestigious of cards but hey... 0% FTF is 0% FTF!! hahaha! My other cards were 1%-3.5%, that little bit starts to add up quick. I never noticed it until I bought the Yakusugi - they couldn't sneak that fee in anywhere lmao

Devin

Postby Devin » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:38 pm

That is a good idea. I wish more places took Discover since they don't charge FTFs either. The Visa card I sometimes use charges 2.5% and yes it does add up.

alk1113

Postby alk1113 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Oh yeah I had Discover awhile back and - true, not many people accept it. I closed it soon thereafter. I have other cards though that offer higher CLs and better rewards. I SERIOUSLY only went with CapOne for brushes lmao :laughing-rolling: I'm ashamed :doh:

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:22 pm

alk1113 wrote: I'm ashamed :doh:

why?! This is so smart!

alk1113

Postby alk1113 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:56 pm

Lyanna Stark wrote:
alk1113 wrote: I'm ashamed :doh:

why?! This is so smart!

@Lynna :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :ty:

laura

Postby laura » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:29 am

I loooooove this topic. I have so much to confess about.

I used to swear by Victoria's Beckham's beauty quote - when Spice Girls were in fashion and I was a kid not using make up. NEVER sleep your makeup on. But when I moved to Japan, my diet went all bad and I was exhausted every evening, I slept my makeup on. :oops: Disgusting, I would never do it intentionally, but I usually just crashed of fatigue.

I am very obsessed of facial skincare, but very lazy when it comes to pampering my other body, like scrubbing well enough or taking care of my feet, so I often get callus or something (sorry for TMI!) thanks to my genetics or something.. I'm not very much into hair care either, but like I said, love makeup, brushes and skincare!

I've went to a massage only once in my life, facial I'm not sure about - maybe when I was in my teens, and foot salon only once as well. It's just ridiculously expensive where I grew up.

Never tried hair extensions, waxing, fake tan or fake eyelashes. I'm just weird, lazy, poor or I guess or wanting to be more.. natural? I'd love to get my eyelashes extended though.

I don't need more than 1 mascara, 1 brow product and 1 foundation at the time, but I'm craaaazy about lip tints and blushes. :oops: And eyeshadow!!

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:46 am

I have dry skin and dry lips. So I have always used lipstick a lot. So every time I go through a department store, I swatch lipsticks. I can apply them perfectly from the bullet without a mirror, which many have commented on with surprise. But it is because I used lipstick as lipbalm maybe 20 times a day. I don't know if it is really uncommon. I can just feel the line around my mouth and end with drawing my little finger down in the cupids bow to remove any colour that may have gone above the line.

Nowadays I am very much into nail polish, but I don't apply it regularly enough, as I lack time to do it - or rather to be able to do nothing the next two hours! I really like the look of gel nails, but I don't want to wear the same colour more than 4 days, and it is way to expensive to have made regularly. So unfortunately I buy polishes that I only get to use a few times.

And then there are brushes ... :whistle:

alk1113

Postby alk1113 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:58 pm

I have another beauty confession:

I make 'fantasy carts' on like - every single website in the universe, so if I have a bad day or what not..... I just impulse purchase everything in the cart. It's terrible. I need counseling - hahahahaha :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Return to “Beauty General”