Suqqu

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Lyanna Stark

Suqqu

Postby Lyanna Stark » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:28 am

ZOMG WHY CAN'T WE GET SUQQU HERE IN THE STATES???!!

Seriously, when is this going to happen? And why hasn't it happened yet??

Hello, Beautylish, time to get on this!!

Carlyn hooked me up when she ordered from Selfridges a few months ago. (Thanks again, Carlyn, still loving my stuff!) And kindly passed on a sample of the Dual Effect Powder Foundation. Which I just got around to trying. And now I NEED a Suqqu counter NEARBY!! Damn!!!

Lyanna Stark

Re: Suqqu

Postby Lyanna Stark » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:52 pm

For those of you who have some of their products which come in compacts, I'm curious to know- are the compacts nice and even slightly weighty, or are they kind of light and flimsy?

I really like the brow pen, for instance, but the packaging is really very meh.

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:47 pm

Lyanna Stark wrote:For those of you who have some of their products which come in compacts, I'm curious to know- are the compacts nice and even slightly weighty, or are they kind of light and flimsy?

I really like the brow pen, for instance, but the packaging is really very meh.

Lol SUQQU is a dangerous place for your wallet no matter where you are ,dearie! ! :D
Personally  i really like suqqu packaging, as I think the beautiful classic packaging have a nice weight to it ,sturdy and don't look cheap ,also the lit tiny brushes are quite lovely quality too ;)

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:23 am

Thanks for your thoughts, Tesla. I love classic minimalist lines, but there is that and then there is light and cheap and under-designed. I actually hadn't been able to tell from the eye brushes. The plastic feels rather lightweight to me, but the laser engraving is very sleek, stealthy, very nice.

It's one of the reasons I've held off on the face brush.

But coveting some of the base products now...

Kay

Postby Kay » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:21 am

My Suqqu face brush is 32-33 grams and my Z1 and MK are 34-35 grams so only slightly lighter, but I prefer the slimmer handle of the Suqqu.

Also love, love Suqqu packaging, so sleek and elegant...very space efficient and not weighty and for me that's a plus!

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:27 pm

Kay wrote:My Suqqu face brush is 32-33 grams and my Z1 and MK are 34-35 grams so only slightly lighter, but I prefer the slimmer handle of the Suqqu.

Also love, love Suqqu packaging, so sleek and elegant...very space efficient and not weighty and for me that's a plus!

Gosh, thanks, Kay. Those are some precise measurements.

I guess it's possible it's even the very same material, but it's lighter just because it's less bulky.

And thanks for your input on the packaging. You've convinced me that it's good-minimalist packaging. I also love when compacts are slim and efficient.

jilliciouscosmetics

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:41 pm

I know what you mean about the brow pen! It's HG for me but the outside packing is a little lackluster. The eye shadows are better, still very light in weight but the plastic isn't that very hard kind that cracks easily. It's really pretty in the sunlight too. Their lipstick packaging is quite weighty and some of my favorite as well.

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:19 am

Thanks for the feedback, Jill! I am now firmly convinced I won't have issues with the compacts.

I think I am going to order a Dual Effect Powder Foundation. The texture of this beats the Serge Lutens. So super finely milled that it melds right in and looks just like skin.

Only I'm confused by the shade range. The 102 is not a bad match, but it can look pretty green/olive against my neck under some lighting, especially when it is dim. It might be a tiny bit too dark. Since it is a bit on the green side for me, does anyone know if the 002 might be a better match? Or since the 002 is supposed to be more yellow, would it seem even greener?

The pinker 201 is apparently not an option, since no one seems to sell it.

Just throwing it out there, in case there are base shade experts among us, who might be so kind to help a smut sister out.

arch

Postby arch » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:25 am

The brushes are now available from CDJapan as part of the limited range of makeup items that they already offered from Suqqu.

Return to “Beauty General”