Contour Powder and Cream

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Paranoidpyro

Contour Powder and Cream

Postby Paranoidpyro » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Recently I've been playing with all the contour stuff that's come out of Sephora. They're pushing contour palettes hard if you haven't noticed. I bought the Anastasia contour powder palette and the Kat Von D Shade and Light Powder Palette.

Ended up returning the Anastasia due to the powder having a weird defect. Not sure if it was just the palette I got, but some of the colors would end up absorbing all the oil on my brushes and sealing itself. I would have to scratch off the top layer just to use any of the colors every time.

So now I'm using the KVD palette and it works pretty well, but I loved the Fawn color from the Anastasia and that one just happened to be the worst of the palette with the sealing problem.

I've also been looking into creams for contouring. Tried the CoverFX but didn't really like the color choices. Looking for a cool taupe shade in a cream. Having such a hard time doing so.

Would love to find an equivalent to this eyeshadow (Makeup Store Beaver Eyeshadow)

Will post photos of the KVD palette. Didn't think to take photos of the Anastasia defect before returning it.

Felcie

Re: Contour Powder and Cream

Postby Felcie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:13 pm

I'm looking for a cool taupe, to! Wish I'd bought the Chanel
LE Notorious.

Paranoidpyro

Postby Paranoidpyro » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Felcie wrote:I'm looking for a cool taupe, to! Wish I'd bought the Chanel
LE Notorious.

OMG that color looks amazing

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:15 pm

Felcie and Paranoidpyro had bought and returned Notorious. I'm NC37-40 and it looked awful in me, really muddy. I tried hard to make it work but couldn't. I guess I should have gone with the reviews that said it was best suited to cooler, fairer skins than mine. So if you're close to my skintone, don't feel bad about missing it.

Felcie

Postby Felcie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:02 am

Carlyn, I'm nw15-20, so I'm sure the Notorious would be a good contour for me I can't understand why Chanel hasn't
Re-released it. It was only in the boutiques and at Chanel

Tara

Postby Tara » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Paranoidpyro, I bought the anastasia contour palette a couple of months ago but haven't used it yet! oh, dear, i hope i can make it work, can't return it because my sister just sent it over. What brushes did you use with it, dear? So i know which ones to avoid when i try it out! :ty:

Paranoidpyro

Postby Paranoidpyro » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Tara wrote:Paranoidpyro, I bought the anastasia contour palette a couple of months ago but haven't used it yet! oh, dear, i hope i can make it work, can't return it because my sister just sent it over. What brushes did you use with it, dear? So i know which ones to avoid when i try it out! :ty:

I tried multiple brushes from MUFE to sephora brand to hakuhodo. none of them were working but i feel like it was a defective palette.. which happens. i hope yours works out well. please let me know cause i really liked the fawn color.

Return to “Beauty General”