By Terry

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
laura

By Terry

Postby laura » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:40 am

Hi everyone, have you tried anything from By Terry line? I'm visiting Berlin in August and I can't wait to do some damage.. I mean beauty shopping in Douglas. :mrgreen: By Terry is one of those brands I haven't seen in irl yet. Which products do you enjoy and I should definitely check out? They're quite pricy and I have no clues about the quality. At least the Eye Designer Palettes and cream eyeshadow pens seem to be very popular and beautiful looking. :drool:

Lyanna Stark

Re: By Terry

Postby Lyanna Stark » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:38 am

I really like the cream eyeshadow sticks. Most days I swipe on some ombre mercure or bronze moon, smudge it out a bit, and that's it for eyeshadow. Lasts all day. I'd say they are in my top 5 essential/ favorite makeup items, and one of the few product types I would repurchase in a heartbeat.

I've tried the comparable range in other brands, like laura mercier and trish mcevoy. Meh. I like the ByT. Big slip and texture differences.

I will say I got greedy and bought a bunch of the shades, but I actually think the midtone ones are the only mvps. Because they are not awesome for blending and precise gradations or anything, IMO, they are more suited to swipe-n-go. If I want to do any contouring or highlighting or anything like that, I think powder is still the way to go.

I've tried to like other products in the lineup, but fairly underwhelmed. Really wanted to like the foundations- great color match in the cover expert, but didn't like the finish at all. I do keep a touche veloutee around, mostly because I like the format so much- very handy. But gets a bit cakey with more than one touch up.

Hated the eyeliner pen. Hated it!

Enjoy your trip to Berlin!

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Laura,

How was your trip to Berlin?
My fav products from By Terry are their new blushes, the texture is perfect! Did you try them?
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

laura

Postby laura » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:18 pm

Sonia_Admin wrote:Hi Laura,

How was your trip to Berlin?
My fav products from By Terry are their new blushes, the texture is perfect! Did you try them?

Hi Sonia,

Berlin was lots of fun! However, I didn't find By Terry products in person. I went to serval Douglas stores and none of them had By Terry in-store. :( I need to check them online!

Return to “Beauty General”