Today, I bought...

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Raglo

Re: Today, I bought...

Postby Raglo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:38 am

Last night I got Diorshow Fusion Mono #381 Millenium, Guerlain's Écrin 4 Couleurs in 08 Les Perles and Kanebo's 38c Silk Performance Lengthening and Separating Mascara. Ahhh, I'm so happy :)
Veni, vidi... Bought it.

jilliciouscosmetics

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:30 pm

@Devin,
Thank you so much for your help and input. It only makes me more excited about the Red Squirrel. It'll be interesting to see how I get on with the BP030 as I never really felt a draw to that shape. Figuring it might be good for applying shadow under the brow? Which brushes from the Z-Series do you own?

Devin

Postby Devin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Jill- I have the Z 2,3,4 & 8. I really don't reach for the Z8 much because I prefer small powder brushes at the moment. My surprising favorite is the Z2, I don't contour so I use it for highlight. I really like the looks of the Z1 and will probably buy it next year.

The BP 030 is great for shadow under the brow actually, I will have to use it again soon. I have been using my Hakuhodo B532 for my brow highlight.

jilliciouscosmetics

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:33 am

With the help of Bonnie I was planning on getting the Z-2 & Z-8 brush... I figured with my Koyudo's the Z-4 would be redundant. The Z-1 looks awesome but with with my Koyudo kabuki's I thought I wouldn't use it much... What do you think?

Devin

Postby Devin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:05 am

I think that you are probably right about the Z1 being redundant in your collection. I do go back and forth with wanting the Z1 since it is so very expensive but I will probably end up breaking down. Sometimes I wonder how it could be better than the Fu-Pa 14 (which I love) that is only $60. Since I have the Z4 I wouldn't want to be without it but, the red squirrel is just as nice plus it is not limited edition and you could always buy it later. Also, my Burberry Pale Barley shipped tonight. I am so glad that I saw your post because it is no longer online. Thanks so much again posting about it.

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:43 am

It's insane how much I love the Fu-pa14 hahah! And I don't even really use powder... I probably use powder just so I can use that brush <3

jilliciouscosmetics

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:48 pm

@Devin,
Lucky! The status on my order just says "Delayed"... I ordered it on Nov. 1 too. Thanks for your feedback on the brushes too.

@Bonnie,
Maybe I should give the Fu-pa14 more love! It's such a good value for the money I just tend to get hooked on certain brushes... Like the H005.

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:43 pm

jilliciouscosmetics wrote:
Michelle wrote:Let me know how you like the BP030 Jill. how are you liking the BP023? I have my next order list ready! ;)

I love, love, love the BP023. I use it all the time for contouring, highlighting, and blending and it does everything really well. I'm considering getting a backup. It's softer, more flexible, and slightly fluffier than my Hakuhodo J124... yet blends just as well. I really only use the J124 when the BP023 is dirty.

I'll let you know how the BP030 works out... I don't own any Koyudo's with that color squirrel hair. Does anyone know what type of squirrel it is... Kazan? I was having a tough time deciding whether or not to get the BP025 but I figured I didn't need it having ordered the Red Squirrel and owning the Grey Squirrel cheek brush.

@Devin,
So excited... especially after seeing you compare it to the Z4! Do you own the Grey Squirrel Koyudo Cheek Brush? I have it and it's so soft sometimes it's a little hard to apply color evenly. It wants to just blob wherever I first touch down.
Yeah, no problem! I ordered Pale Barley as soon as I saw and mentioned it here but it has yet to ship. Originally the estimated ship date was 11/12/2013 but Nordstrom just sent an email saying it would be even later. I know what you mean though... at least we're on a wait list now...

Jillian, I am so excited to hear that you love your Koyudo BP023 so much! I have considered buying it, but ended up not to because my order was already too long, and I wondered what it was good at. But now I will definitely put it back on my list :) I am uncertain about wether I need the red squirrel or not, so I am also very interested in everybody's comments and comparisons with the Chikuhodo Z-series.
BTW I am in love with the BP033 eyeshadow brush. It is so versatile, I can both lay down eyeshadow with it and use it for blending. These days I use it for blending on most days.

Regarding the BP030, Lisa Eldridge uses a brush with that form for crease work with the longer bristles into the crease and the shorter nearest to the eyebrows, cf. her favourite brushes video.

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:44 am

@ Jeanette when you dont have the LE red squirrel get it as fast as you can or do mean the grey squirrel with red handle :P :D
In my opinion the red squirrel is awesome and since I love all my beauties and they are all different and for different products I can say its one of my best :)

kimitrulla

Postby kimitrulla » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:50 am

Last Saturday I received the chikuhodo Artist 18-2. The head is very round and a tiny bit too big for my little cheeks. It is very soft and at the same time dense. With my heavy hand I can apply any blush and the result is always gorgeous. But sorry chikuhodo, the Tanseido YSC 17 is still my favorit blush brush. But the second rank is safe. :romance-hearteyes: :romance-hearteyes: :romance-hearteyes:

Return to “Beauty General”