Today, I bought...

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
jilliciouscosmetics

Re: Today, I bought...

Postby jilliciouscosmetics » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:44 am

I started to set up a Tenso account but backed out half-way through. I love that Tommy is able to pick things up from stores that don't ship (like THREE) and send everything at once. No could probably save a little money with Tenso but Tommy's fees seem totally reasonable.

Love your picks! I'm feeling like I should get more Tanseido too! Esp if they increase prices like someone mentioned here :( I do appreciate Koyudos prices! I think I might have more Koyudo than anything else-- love them.

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:10 pm

I have a Tenso account as well, but reluctant to use it. Tommy was wonderful to work with and her fees are so reasonable, I like the personal touch. I was able to acquire a couple of Tanseido brushes, the Houkodou foundation brush which I used this morning and LOVED it and the Chikuhodo R-C2 brush because of her. Haven't used the Tansido or Chiku yet. My 5 Z series brushes came a couple of weeks ago and my 3 Suqqus last week. I am in brush heaven. I must say my favorite of all the brushes I have bought so far is the Suqqu face brush, the density and softness is perfection to me. I love the MK-1 and Z-1 as well, but they are denser than the Suqqu and that's great, but the Suqqu is everthing I had hoped it would be. I just placed an order for some Rae Morris brushes after reading Sonia's awesome review. Once those are in I'll have to plan a more permanent home for my brushes. Oh also the Koyudo BP013 should be on its way to me in a week or so. The damage I have done to my wallet cannot take away the smile I get when I see or pet my lovelies. Will have to post a picture or two soon.

luvzoi

Postby luvzoi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi,I went to a beauty fair in hong kong today,which Koyudo joined it so I bought a white saikoho kabuki brush for fun,I thought it was the white mushroom and didn't pay attention to it's flat top shape. I finally noticed that after I got home and measured it with a ruler,which I found that it's hair are only 3 cm long,and the handle is different from the white mushroom...does anyone know whether the beauty fair will always sell different items from their website?It seems that they did not ever show this brush on the web...this one even comes with pink handle just like the koyudo macaron...also I thought I saw H008 with hot pink handle or that is another dense grey squirrel kabuki...?haha I am confused but they are all very high quality brushes:)
Attachments
20140322_234959.jpg

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:35 am

@luvzoi
looks very nice i'm also wondering which one that is also the hot pink koyudo print seems different.
I'm wondering if they had other nice "new" things there we never saw at koyudo site ;) I know they evtl. produce some different brushes for other brands.
The white mushroom don't show up on their own site also the hot pink handles which are available over cdjpan.... But a H008 with hot pink handle :drool: but i think my H008 with black handle looks very nice too :)

luvzoi

Postby luvzoi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:33 pm

@212kiki
haha I am not really sure whether the squirrel kabuki I saw was H008,but it looks like so...and yes this kind of brush look equally good on every handles,as the hair is of very high quality and have beautifully shaped haha,I still can remember how soft and dense the brush is,just like patting a cat:)
but I didnt know whether it will have very high coverage while using it with powder,otherwise I may have bought that...
koyudo brought many basic brushes and a few set brushes to the fair,including the red echizen set,unfortunately this set was locked in the glass cupboard,I want to stroke those brushes haha

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:11 pm

I haven't seen that kabuki either - it certainly doesn't have the same shape as the white mushroom! But it does look very nice - how dense and soft is it? I saw the red echizen while I was in HK... so close, sooooo cloooose.

luvzoi

Postby luvzoi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:49 am

Bonnie wrote:I haven't seen that kabuki either - it certainly doesn't have the same shape as the white mushroom! But it does look very nice - how dense and soft is it? I saw the red echizen while I was in HK... so close, sooooo cloooose.

Oh we both have been to the hk sogo beauty fair~The description of my receipt said E1 so it may be its model number of my kabuki...it is extremely soft,just as soft as tanseido's saikouhou brush,but its density isnt very high though,I think its 7 to 8 out of 10,it does not pick up much product while using it with powder foundation,and give out a very sheer finish,maybe it will be more suitable for loose powder...though the saleswoman said it can be used both ways...
Attachments
20140322_215130.jpg

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:39 am

I asked CDJ abt this mushroom and here is their reply:
"That would be the product below.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOKUD-16
Koyudo said that the handle is different from the one your friend purchased but the brush is exactly the same.
The version with exact same handle is no longer produced."

Too bad they didnt sell it anymore....sigh....I like this handle way better than the original black mushroom!
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

Michelle

Postby Michelle » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:55 pm

i need that white mushroom...that guy is in my cart for next order along with 9 others!

Devin

Postby Devin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Michelle wrote:i need that white mushroom...that guy is in my cart for next order along with 9 others!

If you order the white mushroom now you get a free zip case. Might that push you over the edge?

Return to “Beauty General”