Today, I bought...

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Carlyn

Re: Today, I bought...

Postby Carlyn » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Arch, that's one gorgeous brush! Congrats. I think your pictures are quite good. I agree, it's hard to find the right lighting for brushes. Sometimes I get lucky, but most of my picture are taken with my iPhone so they're not the best.
I have the S125 and the G515 is is more angled but I'm rubbish with them. I need to practice more with the shape. I bet yours does the job you had in mind for it. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:21 am

Thank you Arch for the extra pics!! Really helpful, now I can see the angle much better.
I always try to take pics in day light, everything done with the crappy iphone 4S cam! Cant wait to have the 6!!

Hmm…….if Takeda will be able to create a Can Squirrel kabuki?! I don't need a pretty handle since I’ll have it Makie-fied anyway :D :D
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:36 am

Uhh arch we can let custom made single brushes ???!!
Yeah vote for a small canadian kabuki (similar to H008) with black handle so i can have it makie painted :laughing-rolling:

Me too i also take my pics with iphone and the right lightning is always hard but i have a stand alone reading lamp with white light...
Melissa i have the new 6 now and the pics might be a tad better but with my 4s and good light they were good too (also Makie kabuki pics were with 4s)... light light light is the keyword :( :roll:

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:45 pm

212kiki wrote:Uhh arch we can let custom made single brushes ???!!
Yeah vote for a small canadian kabuki (similar to H008) with black handle so i can have it makie painted :laughing-rolling:

Me too i also take my pics with iphone and the right lightning is always hard but i have a stand alone reading lamp with white light...
Melissa i have the new 6 now and the pics might be a tad better but with my 4s and good light they were good too (also Makie kabuki pics were with 4s)... light light light is the keyword :( :roll:

Yeah.......and great day light is just what we are missing on our part of the world :evil: :evil:
OT: I was thinking of getting the 6Plus but I think those are too big huh?!
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Thank you for sharing Arch! it looks very lovely!! :romance-inlove:

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:53 pm

Melissa wrote:Yeah.......and great day light is just what we are missing on our part of the world :evil: :evil:

Yes daylight i had luck on friday while taking my makie kabuki brush...
The bad thing is that the lamp reflects on the brushes and so on...

6plus way too big for your small hands i think... the 6 is just perfect for me and its still a lot bigger than 4s

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:55 pm

Melissa wrote:
212kiki wrote:

Yeah.......and great day light is just what we are missing on our part of the world :evil: :evil:

I am also considering the 6 Plus. I think it depends on which is the biggest need - calling or everything else. As a phone it is rather big, but for reading mails and websites it is better than the regular iPhone 6. I don't have it in my pocket, so that would not be a problem for me, and I don't text with the thumb on the hand I am holding it in, so that would not be a problem either. But for calling I might like a wireless headphone for it. (First world problems) :D

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:02 pm

I never call, my focus is also on website and so on but the plus is too big for my taste and i have a tablet at home...
Just try it out in store ;)

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Melissa wrote:
212kiki wrote:Uhh arch we can let custom made single brushes ???!!

I'd go with 6 plus "BIGGERRRRRrrr" the bigger the better if you ask me lol :lol:

gatos

Postby gatos » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Thanks for the detailed reply arch, and for taking extra pictures for us :) Wow, so the YSC 14 is kind of huge for eyeshadow! Still I find myself wanting it. For what? I am not sure. I am inspired to study the Tanseido offerings further now... And those of Takeda too :shock:

I quite like this frosted handle of your "custom arch brush", it seems different and special, and from your description it sound like it has nice weight to it which is always a plus in my books.

Bea, so do we need this arch brush?! Oh dear... :lol:

Return to “Beauty General”