Today, I bought...

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Jeanette

Re: Today, I bought...

Postby Jeanette » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:06 am

Today I bought ... 7 new polishes from Llarowe after receiving and loving my previous haul so much :D
And the Koyudo Canadian squirrel blush brush, FuPa07 and a backup of BP033. I almost added the FuPa14 to my basket, but as it was not in stock, I thought I'd better get the LE Canadian squirrel brush as fast as possible with only other brushes that are in stock. I hope to get the zippered brush pouch with my purchase, it looks quite nice.

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:09 am

Jeanette wrote:Today I bought ... 7 new polishes from Llarowe after receiving and loving my previous haul so much :D
And the Koyudo Canadian squirrel blush brush, FuPa07 and a backup of BP033. I almost added the FuPa14 to my basket, but as it was not in stock, I thought I'd better get the LE Canadian squirrel brush as fast as possible with only other brushes that are in stock. I hope to get the zippered brush pouch with my purchase, it looks quite nice.

More Dance Legends Jeneatte?! :lol: :laughing-rolling:
I really want that zippered pouch! I see Make Up For Ever has one of their own. I am hoping they will have it for purchase at IMATS. :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:15 am

I wanted to try some more brands this time, Bea. So a little of some different stuff ;-)
Attachments
Llarow order.PNG

sin

Postby sin » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Bea, which pouch are you talking about? This one?

Jeanette, the shades you have chosen sound intriguing, so intriguing that I would look them up immediately if I hadn't banned myself from the Llarowe site in fear of another addiction :lol: . Dou you still use the Essence cuticle remover?
Last edited by sin on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:29 pm

Jeanette wrote:I wanted to try some more brands this time, Bea. So a little of some different stuff ;-)

@Jeanette You didn't get the HK Girl top coat? Try it next time. One of my two faves, the other being KB Shimmer Clearly On Top. We don't carry KB Shimmer though. I get mine from Harlow & Co.

Yes that one from MUFE. I really like the fact that the pouch stands up. That would be great for travel.

@sin I hear you about the Llarowe ban. :lol:
Bea

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:49 pm

brushjunkie wrote:the HK Girl top coat? Try it next time. One of my two faves, the other being KB Shimmer Clearly On Top. We don't carry KB Shimmer though. I get mine from Harlow & Co.

Do you like a specific base coat, Bea?

As for me, I have really been enjoying my Oceanic Forces. I wore it on my toes for a couple weeks. Then I stumbled upon the Tom Ford color "Silvered Smoke" which turned out to be old/discontinued. So I spent some time looking for a dupe, but then I found the TF on amazon. And now that's on my feet.

So yep, thanks for inviting me down the rabbit hole.

sin

Postby sin » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Surfing the Glisten & Glow site is not cheating, right? :whistle:
Why am I looking up swatches of Oceanic Forces and Silver Smoke :x

Someone has to resist the :animals-bunnywhite: and sport the boring overpriced creme polishes.
Yes, that person will be me. :snooty:

Bea, if you end up getting the pouch at IMATS please let me know about its quality/stiffness. I have the pouch that comes with their kabuki and I wish the material would be a lot stiffer.
I don't have a use for it as I do not use kabukis anymore... if anyone wants it just throw a :animals-chicken: my way...

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:20 pm

Do you like a specific base coat, Bea?

As for me, I have really been enjoying my Oceanic Forces. I wore it on my toes for a couple weeks. Then I stumbled upon the Tom Ford color "Silvered Smoke" which turned out to be old/discontinued. So I spent some time looking for a dupe, but then I found the TF on amazon. And now that's on my feet.

So yep, thanks for inviting me down the rabbit hole.[/quote]

Lyanna I usually just use peel off base coat like the Dance Legend Peel Off Express Remove Base, Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Peel now since I mostly just swatch, take pics and then remove the polish. I really like peeling it off too lol. If I do go out with a mani then I use just regular base coat like Orly Bonder that sort of thing. I change polish everyday so I am the worst person to ask about a base coat that keeps the polish on lol.

Peel off base is a must have for me when I put on glitter polish. Comes off too easily but I would rather have that than soaking my nails in acetone.

I need company down that polish rabbit hole. It was like when I found Japanese made brushes, I was all by my lonesome so I set about rectifying that situation and now here I am in SMUTville. :laughing-rolling: :dance:
Bea

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:23 pm

sin wrote:Surfing the Glisten & Glow site is not cheating, right? :whistle:
Why am I looking up swatches of Oceanic Forces and Silver Smoke :x

Someone has to resist the :animals-bunnywhite: and sport the boring overpriced creme polishes.
Yes, that person will be me. :snooty:

Bea, if you end up getting the pouch at IMATS please let me know about its quality/stiffness. I have the pouch that comes with their kabuki and I wish the material would be a lot stiffer.
I don't have a use for it as I do not use kabukis anymore... if anyone wants it just throw a :animals-chicken: my way...

Do you mean that little pouch for their synthetic kabuki? I bought the MUFE kabuki years ago and a little pouch came with it. Never did use it and now my mom has personal possession of it. I ordered 3 of the kabuki pouches from Haku. :mrgreen:
Bea

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:30 pm

sin wrote:Jeanette, the shades you have chosen sound intriguing, so intriguing that I would look them up immediately if I hadn't banned myself from the Llarowe site in fear of another addiction :lol: . Dou you still use the Essence cuticle remover?

:lol: Sin, some of them only cost 7 USD, so it's a much cheaper addiction than MU brushes. And very fun :D
I have the Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover and use it regularly. It is the easiest way to remove cuticles. I put the liquid on the cuticles, and in less than a minute I can scrape the dry cuticles and skin away with a wooden stick, and they are soft like oatmeal. Very easy and the nails look a lot more groomed afterwards. I don't always get rid of it all, though, if it continues up in the corner of the finger. But very recommendable. I haven't tried other brands, I just bought this one on Bea's recommendation :D

Return to “Beauty General”