Battle: Hourglass Ambient vs Tom Ford vs ?

Brands, tutorials, skincare or any other beauty related topic
Lyanna Stark

Battle: Hourglass Ambient vs Tom Ford vs ?

Postby Lyanna Stark » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:56 pm

I am planning to up my blush game. (That's the thing with nice brushes- suddenly all your makeup seems inadequate!) I'm interested in the Hourglass Ambient line, and the Tom Fords. Which do you like/use/prefer, and/or what other line?

Anna

Re: Battle: Hourglass Ambient vs Tom Ford vs ?

Postby Anna » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm using just one blush since one year - Serge Lutens, the peach-rose one. Go for it if you like the color! It is incredibly smooth and silky.
I love it! :dance:

The price tag - don't ask about this pls... :cry:

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Ah, the Serge Lutens. I remember Sonia's blog post about it. I thought she looked particularly beautiful in those photos.

But wow, you just made me look up the price. :?

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Hourglass - it's so hard to get my hands on them :( My personal top 7 favorites are Burberry , D&G , Suqqu ,LM de Laduree , Tom Ford , Michael kors(bronze powder) and the good old Chanel :D

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:47 pm

Tom Ford Ravish is one of my top blushes EVAH. I love Suqqu too and while it is very sheer, it actually layers just right and meshes beautifully on the skin - the Nuancing Cheeks Ex-02 is actually a blush I always get asked what I'm wearing. Also really like Becca and Chanel too, for both their creams and powder formulae.

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 pm

Bonnie wrote:Tom Ford Ravish is one of my top blushes EVAH.

I hope I like it as much as you. I just ordered it. :P Also, Love Lust. :P

Kumamon

Postby Kumamon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am

My favorite blush formulas are THREE Color Veil for Cheeks and Burberry, but I have so many blushes. Rouge Bunny Rouge, Chanel Joues Contraste, Sleek, Addiction, Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush, Jill Stuart Mix Blush... I wear a ton of brands. The THREE and Burberry are just the smoothest and nicest to me.

gatos

Postby gatos » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:48 am

Kumamon wrote:My favorite blush formulas are THREE Color Veil for Cheeks and Burberry, but I have so many blushes. Rouge Bunny Rouge, Chanel Joues Contraste, Sleek, Addiction, Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush, Jill Stuart Mix Blush... I wear a ton of brands. The THREE and Burberry are just the smoothest and nicest to me.

Oh so glad you posted this, I was wondering if anyone on this smuty forum ( :lol: ) was using THREE blushes, I have heard nothing but good things and I am ready to order some as soon as my wallet agrees! Which are your fave colours? :)

sin

Postby sin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:44 pm

THREE blushes are my favorite by far, too.
Second favorite is Rouge Bunny Rouge.
Sleek and Illamasqua blushes are high in pigmentation and have really great colors, but the formula is not creamy enough for me personally. I guess I prefer matte & creamy blush formulas because others tend to look patchy on my dry cheekbones.
If you like a little bit of shimmer in your blushes Tom Ford and Burberry are great, they have wonderful colors imo.
Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush has been d/c as far as I now, and has been replaced with Cheek Fabric.

I would throw a cream or cream-to-powder blush in the mix, I think they look the most modern and you can layer them with your powder blushes. I haven't tried any of the new cream blushes like Chanel, YSL. Still working on finishing the two cream blushes I have, I am sure I could use them on my :obscene-buttred: and still not finish them in this lifetime. Why do they have to make the pans so large?

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:12 pm

sin wrote:Still working on finishing the two cream blushes I have, I am sure I could use them on my :obscene-buttred: and still not finish them in this lifetime. Why do they have to make the pans so large?

lol. Now I'm imagining applying blush to one's ass, thanks.

Gives new meaning to "rosy cheeks."

Return to “Beauty General”