SURRATT JAPANESE INSPIRED BEAUTY LINE

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
Kay

Re: SURRATT JAPANESE INSPIRED BEAUTY LINE

Postby Kay » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:58 am

@Arch and others -- I truly appreciate everyone passing on information and opinions as it's the only way we can make better decisions. I did have a Chikuhodo Canada squirrel brush at one time and I think it looked more like the Surratt brush so I could be very wrong about the Surratt brushes having a mixture of hairs. Regardless of the animal names, I think it kinda boils down to the quality of the hair and skill in shaping and quality control and what one expects. It's like rolling the dice. Every once in a while, I get a real lemon, so :( but when I get a beautiful one, I'm thrilled! Maybe that's why I keep on buying?

bellyhead

Postby bellyhead » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:16 pm

arch wrote:I got a response to an email I recently sent to Nathaniel Hawkins from Surratt asking about the hair type, specifically the confusion about whether the e/s brushes were Canadian, Canadian pine or (just) pine:

Yay, arch! Woohoo, my free-wheelin' spending commences! :laughing-rolling:
Thank you so much for sussing out all the details for us!

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Thank you all for your precious pics and thoughts and investigations!!
I saw the little one on Belly's instagram, gosh I need that one!!! Soooooo interesting! :drool:
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

alk1113

Postby alk1113 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Sonia_Admin wrote:Thank you all for your precious pics and thoughts and investigations!!
I saw the little one on Belly's instagram, gosh I need that one!!! Soooooo interesting! :drool:

I feel like we get insider information hahaha its so funny. We know about the release before the store does Lol :ty: everyone for your persistence. I just got mine today and I love them!

Buggsiebee

Postby Buggsiebee » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:01 pm

Although I'm still sulking because they're so blinking elusive,......PLEASE Alk, send pics! Which ones did you get?

konglishbeauty

Postby konglishbeauty » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:16 pm

Buggsie, I'm using the wait as an opportunity to save up. I've not bought any brushes for months so my budget had normalised after Kiwamigate and the Koyudo CES Affair :oops: but now I've got another hefty dent in the credit card to compensate for....

Buggsiebee

Postby Buggsiebee » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi Konglish,
did you order any of the Chikuhodo Takumi? They don't put a MAJOR dent in the credit card, and are so worth the splurge.
I saw today that the Surratt sculpting & the medium shadow brush are up for sale an Barneys now, so hopefully the rest of the collection will soon follow suit :pray:

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:43 pm

bellyhead wrote:
Buggsiebee wrote:@ Belly & Carlyn,
If I look at my Koyudo canadian squirrel brush....and yours, Belly, I see that it is darker towards the base.....and looks more like 'pine squirrel'.
I assume that for the eyeshadow brushes they don't need the long hair which they need for the blush brush & that is why they are mottled. Does that make sense ?!

Buggsiebee, I think since the brushes are not cut at the tips, the brush heads would look more like the top of the Canadian blush brush head and not like the base? Or as you say, maybe they were all the short hairs? I will take a good looksee at the large version of that Classic brush. Maybe I can tell alittle better that way.
Hehehe! I'm so confused. :? :doh:
I should really ask in person again at the counter.

Don't mean to butt in, but I think what Buggsie meant is : they were collected from a different parts of the squirrel's body ,squirrel have quite a combination of colors, some are gray/black body with a brown/red/orange tail ,so it should be the tail part used for the blush brush!?!?! that's why blush brush seem so red/orange
I personally think these two types of squirrels on e/s brush heads (short hair type), sometime you can't tell by just looking at photos ,you still needs to touch and feel the quality of the bristle how it feels against your skin or indepth look in person. well, I guess it depends on you now ,dearie! you should definitely listen to your skin so that you can determine if that brush's pine or canadian lol :lol: but it looks a lot like cs from what I can see

In addition to the things Sonia's already mentioned, since ps prices are often lower ,at that price range of this surratt brush again,I think it might be cs, I also want to add that the cs bristle is retained its shape better than pine. if you've used ps brush a few times you will see the bristle is splay out and pretty much lose a bit its normal shape

If anyone could post a comparison pic that would be awesome but if not I'll post a comparison pic tomorrow :D
Last edited by midnitedesire on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

konglishbeauty

Postby konglishbeauty » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:44 pm

I've left HEAVY Takumi hints for Christmas presents :whistle:

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Oops, :doh: :angry-banghead: I'm sorry I didn't even see that the answer was already posted! Thank you so much Detective Arch! That clears up any confusion

Return to “Make-up brushes”