Lam Sam Yick brushes

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
Melissa

Lam Sam Yick brushes

Postby Melissa » Fri May 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Some of us has spotted this brand. Particularly because of the gorgeous brush Sonia received as a present from Koyudo last year :) :)

I stumbled upon this brand abt a year ago but their website wasnt completed yet and just showing some of the brush range. But now they have revamped their website full of drool worthy brushes. Mainly these babies, featuring the "Koyudo brush":
http://www.lamsamyick.com.hk/index.php? ... 8f&lang=en

I thought it would be great to gather all the insight of this brand on here so everyone can see it.

So far the info I received after emailing them is that the brushes are handmade in Taiwan, however the painted handles are done by machines, hence the affordable price!

Some of us is also curious if somehow Koyudo has a joined venture with LSY since these particular brushes look almost identical to the one Sonia received from Koyudo. I guess we will never find out if thats the case. But maybe Sonia can ask them when she is there in few weeks :) :)
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

212kiki

Re: Lam Sam Yick brushes

Postby 212kiki » Fri May 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Thanks ! I wanted to start a thread here as well so it's easier to comment and follow it ;)

I think they will no share their relationship or so completely...

I'm so exited about buggsies opinion hopefully German customs is fast this time :laughing-rolling:

arch

Postby arch » Sat May 31, 2014 2:34 am

So was the question about the type of hair used in the 9 Series finally settled? I'm on Team Tamage because the description lists squirrel (灰鼠) hair plus "細長玉毛," and since searching that phrase returns results related mostly to LSY brushes I'm assuming the relevant part is "玉毛" which Hakuhodo defines as:
猫の毛です。 ("The name 'Tamage' is used to denote the hair acquired from a cat.")

The only recent info about the company I've found written in English online is this short interview with the owner and a couple of reviews of their (heart-shaped) brushes. Otherwise it's obviously all available in Chinese, including the videos on the LSYTaiwan YouTube channel:

LSY's online store on Yahoo!購物中心 has higher-resolution photos of the 9 Series, but I guess we'll know soon enough from Buggsiebee about how much the brushes differ in terms of craftsmanship from the Koyudo version.

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Sat May 31, 2014 9:55 am

Hahah arch this video is so funny despite the fact I don't understand any word :D
When the owner stroke his face with the brushhairs that's so funny :lol:

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Sat May 31, 2014 10:28 am

Here's a short article of the company's history. Like most of the traditional brush makers they start with caligraphy brushes.
http://www.taiwan-panorama.com/en/show_ ... 3&month=03

I definitely NEED the HUGE powder brush!!
brush hoarder ;-)

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Sat May 31, 2014 10:37 am

Yes definatly they used it several times in the video and it's fullness looks awesome !
I don't mind if it's squirrel and tamage or whatever i need it.

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Sat May 31, 2014 2:10 pm

It seems they have quite a big production too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v50XJ_yRXjg

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Sat May 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Oh my goodness. Looks like we need to learn Taiwanese and Chinese too :) :) :) :)

I was already planning to include Taipei in my Asia travel plans for next year. So this is an excellent add on to my trip!!!
brush hoarder ;-)

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Sat May 31, 2014 7:29 pm

Melissa wrote:Some of us has spotted this brand. Particularly because of the gorgeous brush Sonia received as a present from Koyudo last year :) :)

I stumbled upon this brand abt a year ago but their website wasnt completed yet and just showing some of the brush range. But now they have revamped their website full of drool worthy brushes. Mainly these babies, featuring the "Koyudo brush":
http://www.lamsamyick.com.hk/index.php? ... 8f&lang=en

I thought it would be great to gather all the insight of this brand on here so everyone can see it.

So far the info I received after emailing them is that the brushes are handmade in Taiwan, however the painted handles are done by machines, hence the affordable price!

Some of us is also curious if somehow Koyudo has a joined venture with LSY since these particular brushes look almost identical to the one Sonia received from Koyudo. I guess we will never find out if thats the case. But maybe Sonia can ask them when she is there in few weeks :) :)

Oh hun! I meant to ask you what is your opinion on these brushes? thought you might have one in your collection :)

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Sat May 31, 2014 7:34 pm

Print-screened from our previous posts : (might also help, lol)

Return to “Make-up brushes”