Lam Sam Yick brushes

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
Melissa

Re: Lam Sam Yick brushes

Postby Melissa » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:43 pm

mytiffany wrote:Hello beautiful ladies who are also crazy brush lovers, I have a question :lol: :D
I am going to Taiwan next week and hopefully pick up some LSY brushes from their store, HOWEVER, because of my tight budget (after splurging on Hakuhodo, Koyudo and Yojiya from the past few months), and my constant lust for Chikuhodo P-8 (should be around 40000yen if I remember correctly), I am torn between P-8 and 901 :(
901 is the most expensive brush there and I want it (my love of face brush over eye brush), but I am always more fascinated by the Japanese craftsmanship and the fact that I may go to Japan in Sep soon, I am really torn that whether I should pick up P-8 and wait for a month or I should just pick up the LSY 901. (it's only a matter of time before I have both :D but because I still have some brushes in my shopping list that need to be bought first (i.e. a huge *upcoming* haul from Haku and Chiku) so my budget is really tight, I can only allow one for this year between there two with that type of price tag for a single brush). So I need your guys' guidance! :ty:

1. In terms of uniqueness and the *special-ness*, which one is regarded as the gem? (Because both said it is for limited quantity and when it is gone, it will be gone so I want to see how you experts regard those two types of hair and the rarity of them so I can choose which one to pick up first haha)
2. In terms of softness and density, which one is softer and denser? (I love a denser brush because it feels more luxurious for one and also I have sensitive and slightly oily skin so I would love to have a soft brush with density to pick up the powder)
3. (Sorry I think I read it already on this forum but I forgot and can't find the answer now so I wanna ask again) Does Koyudo makes their brushes or LSY helps construct the brushes for one of the Koyudo lines? (The 9 series of LSY is Made in Taiwan or actually Koyudo-manufactured?)
4. Which one do you guys prefer?

Thanks in advance :) :D :D :D

LUCKY YOUUUU!! I'm going next month FINALLY!
I'll do my best to answer yr Qs :)
1. Regarding the rarity I'd go for LSY901 because squirrel and rabbit hairs combined in a brush is more unique to me.
2. I have the Big Mama powder brush from Kiwami set which should be similar as the P8. Softness equal imo, density very close too, for powder application both perfoms equally perfect for me! But the LSY901 is easier to handle as its smaller hence easier to pick up lets say powder foundie compacts. P8 somehow gets easily dirty and kind a sticky afterwards. I posted the Kiwami powder and LSY901 on my IG page. So u can see them next to each other!
3. As far as our sources go the 9 serie is made by Koyudo. Not sure abt their other series.
4. Both are unique and must haves for colleactors but I tend to grab the LSY901 more often.

Hope this helps and HAVE FUN IN TAIPEI AND JAPAN!
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

mytiffany

Postby mytiffany » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Melissa wrote:
mytiffany wrote:Hello beautiful ladies who are also crazy brush lovers, I have a question :lol: :D
I am going to Taiwan next week and hopefully pick up some LSY brushes from their store, HOWEVER, because of my tight budget (after splurging on Hakuhodo, Koyudo and Yojiya from the past few months), and my constant lust for Chikuhodo P-8 (should be around 40000yen if I remember correctly), I am torn between P-8 and 901 :(
901 is the most expensive brush there and I want it (my love of face brush over eye brush), but I am always more fascinated by the Japanese craftsmanship and the fact that I may go to Japan in Sep soon, I am really torn that whether I should pick up P-8 and wait for a month or I should just pick up the LSY 901. (it's only a matter of time before I have both :D but because I still have some brushes in my shopping list that need to be bought first (i.e. a huge *upcoming* haul from Haku and Chiku) so my budget is really tight, I can only allow one for this year between there two with that type of price tag for a single brush). So I need your guys' guidance! :ty:

1. In terms of uniqueness and the *special-ness*, which one is regarded as the gem? (Because both said it is for limited quantity and when it is gone, it will be gone so I want to see how you experts regard those two types of hair and the rarity of them so I can choose which one to pick up first haha)
2. In terms of softness and density, which one is softer and denser? (I love a denser brush because it feels more luxurious for one and also I have sensitive and slightly oily skin so I would love to have a soft brush with density to pick up the powder)
3. (Sorry I think I read it already on this forum but I forgot and can't find the answer now so I wanna ask again) Does Koyudo makes their brushes or LSY helps construct the brushes for one of the Koyudo lines? (The 9 series of LSY is Made in Taiwan or actually Koyudo-manufactured?)
4. Which one do you guys prefer?

Thanks in advance :) :D :D :D

LUCKY YOUUUU!! I'm going next month FINALLY!
I'll do my best to answer yr Qs :)
1. Regarding the rarity I'd go for LSY901 because squirrel and rabbit hairs combined in a brush is more unique to me.
2. I have the Big Mama powder brush from Kiwami set which should be similar as the P8. Softness equal imo, density very close too, for powder application both perfoms equally perfect for me! But the LSY901 is easier to handle as its smaller hence easier to pick up lets say powder foundie compacts. P8 somehow gets easily dirty and kind a sticky afterwards. I posted the Kiwami powder and LSY901 on my IG page. So u can see them next to each other!
3. As far as our sources go the 9 serie is made by Koyudo. Not sure abt their other series.
4. Both are unique and must haves for colleactors but I tend to grab the LSY901 more often.

Hope this helps and HAVE FUN IN TAIPEI AND JAPAN!

Thanks for your detailed answer Melissa :ty:
Haha where do you guys live? I am actually from Hong Kong, so traveling to Japan and Taipei is like if you live in Britain and travel to France, it is that easy and rather inexpensive :D
I end up picking more Hakuhodo and Yojiya brushes instead haha, since LSY has a online shopping store in Hong Kong and I can order wherever I want and Chikuhodo is available at CDJapan without including the tax. But I will listen to your advice for ordering the LSY first :) :) . I think I will order the LSY next month after picking some red pocket from relatives (it is a tradition for Chinese in the Lunar New Year, for the older generations to give money to the younger generation).
Oh and by the way HAPPY NEW YEAR :) Hopefully we all on here will not be broke for brushes EVER :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scott Wheeler

Postby Scott Wheeler » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Hey there, I am rather new to these forums. This was a very interesting 22 page thread. It sounds like a lot of folks are very very happy with their 905/902 brushes. Can anyone think of any reason why I should not pull the trigger on this combo? And is their webpage the best way to order for price?

Scott

Yinglin

Postby Yinglin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:45 am

Hi there,

I was wondering the same some weeks ago until i went for it and i dont regret it. I got 901 brush and i use it for finishing powder or just a soft message as last step of make up to blend all well. Not that i think it has a huge blending power but it is soooo soft. I didnt have anything like it in my collection. Wish handle was longer but oh well cant have it all :)
Regarding pricing if you order over HK$5000 in one order, they can provide 20% off in single purchase. Normally they don't have discount on whole year.
Hope it helps! Cheers

Scott Wheeler

Postby Scott Wheeler » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:21 am

Thanks. Brushes ordered. Wish all the online ordering was as simple as this was. :ty:

Scott Wheeler

Postby Scott Wheeler » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:39 pm

901, 902 and 903 are totally out of stock and they are not sure when, or even if those brushes will be back. They are having trouble finding the right hair. So....hope you all got what you wanted. After getting my 902 I do regret not getting the 901 also. :(

Return to “Make-up brushes”