mytiffany wrote:Hello beautiful ladies who are also crazy brush lovers, I have a question
I am going to Taiwan next week and hopefully pick up some LSY brushes from their store, HOWEVER, because of my tight budget (after splurging on Hakuhodo, Koyudo and Yojiya from the past few months), and my constant lust for Chikuhodo P-8 (should be around 40000yen if I remember correctly), I am torn between P-8 and 901
901 is the most expensive brush there and I want it (my love of face brush over eye brush), but I am always more fascinated by the Japanese craftsmanship and the fact that I may go to Japan in Sep soon, I am really torn that whether I should pick up P-8 and wait for a month or I should just pick up the LSY 901. (it's only a matter of time before I have both but because I still have some brushes in my shopping list that need to be bought first (i.e. a huge *upcoming* haul from Haku and Chiku) so my budget is really tight, I can only allow one for this year between there two with that type of price tag for a single brush). So I need your guys' guidance!
1. In terms of uniqueness and the *special-ness*, which one is regarded as the gem? (Because both said it is for limited quantity and when it is gone, it will be gone so I want to see how you experts regard those two types of hair and the rarity of them so I can choose which one to pick up first haha)
2. In terms of softness and density, which one is softer and denser? (I love a denser brush because it feels more luxurious for one and also I have sensitive and slightly oily skin so I would love to have a soft brush with density to pick up the powder)
3. (Sorry I think I read it already on this forum but I forgot and can't find the answer now so I wanna ask again) Does Koyudo makes their brushes or LSY helps construct the brushes for one of the Koyudo lines? (The 9 series of LSY is Made in Taiwan or actually Koyudo-manufactured?)
4. Which one do you guys prefer?
Thanks in advance
LUCKY YOUUUU!! I'm going next month FINALLY!
I'll do my best to answer yr Qs
1. Regarding the rarity I'd go for LSY901 because squirrel and rabbit hairs combined in a brush is more unique to me.
2. I have the Big Mama powder brush from Kiwami set which should be similar as the P8. Softness equal imo, density very close too, for powder application both perfoms equally perfect for me! But the LSY901 is easier to handle as its smaller hence easier to pick up lets say powder foundie compacts. P8 somehow gets easily dirty and kind a sticky afterwards. I posted the Kiwami powder and LSY901 on my IG page. So u can see them next to each other!
3. As far as our sources go the 9 serie is made by Koyudo. Not sure abt their other series.
4. Both are unique and must haves for colleactors but I tend to grab the LSY901 more often.
Hope this helps and HAVE FUN IN TAIPEI AND JAPAN!