Lam Sam Yick brushes

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
brushjunkie

Re: Lam Sam Yick brushes

Postby brushjunkie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Don't complain, you have better currency conversion. CAD $ sucks atm. :evil: :cry:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:22 pm

brushjunkie wrote:Don't complain, you have better currency conversion. CAD $ sucks atm. :evil: :cry:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: thanks Bea, that's made me feel so much better :laughing-rolling:
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Yup, my order was paid for a few days ago. I'm so excited. The exchange for me is great atm. I wish it had been this good when the Kiwami was available. It would have been an easy decision then. Sorry Bea :cry:

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Have no clue what the Lady is saying but I cant wait for mine to arrive!!!!
http://youtu.be/SKcWbT2Hdlg
brush hoarder ;-)

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:16 pm

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!! I am so glad I ordered. Looks absolutely fab!!! Wish they had english subtitles on the video. I would love to know what she was saying! :mrgreen: :greetings-clapyellow: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-partydance:
Bea

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:05 pm

IMG_7678.JPG
IMG_7738.JPG
IMG_7704.JPG
IMG_7711.JPG

My first LSYs. Next year will be the black handled ones. :lol: :mrgreen:
Bea

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:28 am

Wow, Bea, you got yours already! Mine hasn't moved from San Francisco since yesterday morning. They look beautiful, even the box they came in is beautiful. Thanks for the pics, but now I'm more impatient for mine. Enjoy.

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:42 am

Wowwwiiieeee thats FAST Bea!!! Mine has just shipped last Wed! They loooook soooo pweeeeettttyyyy
brush hoarder ;-)

sin

Postby sin » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:27 pm

They look wonderful, are you planning on using them or will they just be for display? The attention to detail on the handles is such a nice touch. I really appreciate that they took the time to make a matching cup? ... vase?, a box and a pouch for them, a clever move that I hope we see more of.
The pouch looks quite big, is there a case or protective compartments inside? (e.g. like in this Chikuhodo case)

mytiffany

Postby mytiffany » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:14 pm

Hello beautiful ladies who are also crazy brush lovers, I have a question :lol: :D
I am going to Taiwan next week and hopefully pick up some LSY brushes from their store, HOWEVER, because of my tight budget (after splurging on Hakuhodo, Koyudo and Yojiya from the past few months), and my constant lust for Chikuhodo P-8 (should be around 40000yen if I remember correctly), I am torn between P-8 and 901 :(
901 is the most expensive brush there and I want it (my love of face brush over eye brush), but I am always more fascinated by the Japanese craftsmanship and the fact that I may go to Japan in Sep soon, I am really torn that whether I should pick up P-8 and wait for a month or I should just pick up the LSY 901. (it's only a matter of time before I have both :D but because I still have some brushes in my shopping list that need to be bought first (i.e. a huge *upcoming* haul from Haku and Chiku) so my budget is really tight, I can only allow one for this year between there two with that type of price tag for a single brush). So I need your guys' guidance! :ty:

1. In terms of uniqueness and the *special-ness*, which one is regarded as the gem? (Because both said it is for limited quantity and when it is gone, it will be gone so I want to see how you experts regard those two types of hair and the rarity of them so I can choose which one to pick up first haha)
2. In terms of softness and density, which one is softer and denser? (I love a denser brush because it feels more luxurious for one and also I have sensitive and slightly oily skin so I would love to have a soft brush with density to pick up the powder)
3. (Sorry I think I read it already on this forum but I forgot and can't find the answer now so I wanna ask again) Does Koyudo makes their brushes or LSY helps construct the brushes for one of the Koyudo lines? (The 9 series of LSY is Made in Taiwan or actually Koyudo-manufactured?)
4. Which one do you guys prefer?

Thanks in advance :) :D :D :D

Return to “Make-up brushes”