Lam Sam Yick brushes

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
gatos

Re: Lam Sam Yick brushes

Postby gatos » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:26 pm

Hahaha bless you, that GIF is priceless :) Thanks for the pics Sarah!

Buggsiebee wrote:Is the second pic Canadian cheek version I and II next to the LSY , or is it Echizen, Canadian cheek I and the LSY?
In the last pic, the 4th from the top looks painted & the others not. Is that the Echizen?

I think Tesla and Melissa who got both Canadian cheek versions still haven't received the second one yet... I am dying to see those two side by side, since I only have V02 and I swear the little flower looks like the one on Sarah's Echizen... :think: Did you order either (or both) of these cheek brushes Buggsie?

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:33 pm

@Gatos
It makes sense if the handles from V02 are the same like from the set ;) I don't think they produced different versions of the same handle...

Buggsiebee

Postby Buggsiebee » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:47 pm

:laughing-rolling: @ Kiki....still not seeing the drool ! :laughing-rolling:
On the Echizen cheek I hardly see the brushstrokes. I assume that t's just the light / the angle. On the Powder brush you can really see them. So the others are machine done then.

@gatos - I ordered both - for curiosity's sake - but who knows when they will ever get out of customs?!
I used your query link, Kiki, but I haven't had any kind of FB yet.

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:53 pm

Buggsiebee wrote::laughing-rolling: @ Kiki....still not seeing the drool ! :laughing-rolling:
On the Echizen cheek I hardly see the brushstrokes. I assume that t's just the light / the angle. On the Powder brush you can really see them. So the others are machine done then.

@gatos - I ordered both - for curiosity's sake - but who knows when they will ever get out of customs?!
I used your query link, Kiki, but I haven't had any kind of FB yet.

The flowers look different despite the fact they have the same size (LSY). They don't look printed but it could be a different producer or a different way to apply it ?

gatos

Postby gatos » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:58 pm

212kiki wrote:@Gatos
It makes sense if the handles from V02 are the same like from the set ;) I don't think they produced different versions of the same handle...

This is what I have been thinking; if it is indeed true it makes the brush even more special to me as I really appreciate the handmade details. It is curious though that, being the same price, one version would be machine painted and the other one not... Mmmmh.
Buggsiebee wrote:@gatos - I ordered both - for curiosity's sake - but who knows when they will ever get out of customs?!

That's crazy!!! And I used to think we had it bad here... If you ever want to send something via Canada I would be more than happy to help out. We are supposed to get charged for anything over $20 ($60 for gifts), but using EMS from Japan I have yet to pay a single customs invoice on over a dozen packages.

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:10 pm

@ Gatos @ Buggsie
German customs are just too german :laughing-rolling:
I read they almost control every piece by hand. :roll:
I only had to pay for small amount of packages because of lower value and gift ;)

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:56 am

212kiki wrote:Had fun with the powder brush :D

Not good with it but i find it funny :D

Hahahaha, that is GOLD!!! So much love there :)

Lyanna Stark

Postby Lyanna Stark » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:51 am

Love the gif!

Kumamon

Postby Kumamon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:32 am

Wow! These brushes are beautiful! This is so not good for my wallet. I'm really curious as to what a rabbit brush feels like now.

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:40 am

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: @212kiki: PRICELESS gif. I just saw it today!!!! Now, thats what I call a brushgasm expression :laughing-rolling:

In case you're wondering abt the MK-2 and the 901. I think the biggest difference would be the "aireness" of both brushes. MK-2 feels more dense on the face whereas the 901 feels like almost "nothing". As for application both pick up compact and loose powders with similar result. I dont get the feeling that MK-2 applies heavier than the 901. However, when I used my MSF Natural I noticed that I had to swirl the 901 twice before it picked up the amount of powder I wanted, but the application is flawless!! So maybe I'd say that the 901 picks up a tad less product for "hard-pressed" compact powders like the MSF natural I have.
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

Return to “Make-up brushes”