Lemmings

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Lemmings

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:07 pm

What brushes are you lemming right now ? I am lemming Wayne's brushes at this moment. I am happy he took the plunge and decided to have his own brand, how cool is that ?
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

juujubez

Re: Lemmings

Postby juujubez » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:39 pm

I ordered two Hakuhodo J series earlier this week to see how they were since I have heard great things. The inner neat freak in me decided I would just need to wash them more regularly since they are white. I have a few more lemmings from Hakuhodo, the Kokutan L eyeshadow brush would be great for highlighter I think.

I would also like to purchase a couple Houkodou brushes from their site too. Argh, too many lems! :)

Elena

Postby Elena » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:35 am

Ahhh, too many to list them all!
I just got my first Chikuhodo brush, the Z8 and I would like some more from the Z line but I am also intrigued by their GS line.
Thanks to Sonia I discovered Koyudo and I would like to buy some of their Fu-pa but I am waiting for Sonia review of foundation brushes.
Houkodou is also in my wish list, I have to figure out how to get those in Sweden :think:

juujubez

Postby juujubez » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi Elena, I live in Canada and just out of curiousity I sent an e-mail to this address: info@houkodou.jp. To my surprise, they answered and I was able to communicate with Tomoko. She told me they do offer international shipping and I would e-mail her to ask if they would ship it to you and how much it would be. If I remember, the shipping isn't too crazy. Hope this helps you! :)

Elena

Postby Elena » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Oh, thank you so much juujubez! I did not even considered emailing them but it is good news for us all brush addicted :D

Cannes

Postby Cannes » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:29 pm

I've been lemming the Kokutan MLL. For blending, highlighter... I'd also like another face brush. Maybe I'll branch out and try a Chikuhodo. :shock:
~ Christina

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Hakohudo can be ordered directly from Hakohudousa.com. Also from the Japanese site hakohu-do.co.jp, but the buy-option will only be visible if you don't chose English as a language on the site. Some of the text can be translated into English, or your own language, if you use Google Chrome as your browser.

I didn't know that Hakohudo in Japan ships internationally though. I thought I would have to use a forwarding company as Tenso, if I ordered them from Japan, since the buy-option is only in Japanese.

I must say, I don't think it should be necessary that the brushes be made in Japan, then shipped to the other end of the world to the USA, where I live halfway there, and then I am to have them shipped half the way back to Denmark. That is not green transportation. And the brushes are cheaper, if you buy directly from Japan.

I haven't succeded to register as a member on the Japanese site though. I would like to hear if someone else succeeds.

This would actually fit more properly in the "Online shopping"-section...

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:56 am

Just saw the video of Wayne's new brushes. I want at least two of them. :)
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:53 am

@ jeanette
haha elena didnt mean hakuhodo its this brand where the lovely white fupa "dupe" comes from :D http://www.houkodou.jp
http://eds2.heteml.jp/houkodou/cargo/go ... i?gno=SS05
I dont know if need it since i have this one http://iwata-mokko.jp/?page_id=135 but yeah its on my list too :D

I think the next brushes on my lemming list will be tanseido with their lovely red squirrel brushes :D

juujubez

Postby juujubez » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:02 pm

I am dying to try a red squirrel brush and I am kicking myself for not getting the Koyudo limited edition brush. Albeit, that was before I was into brushes lol. I'm sure there will be plenty more options to come!

Return to “Make-up brushes”