Lemmings

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
argiro

Re: Lemmings

Postby argiro » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:29 am

arch wrote:A couple of members already spotted this brush a couple of weeks ago via cdjapan_beauty on Instagram, but Koyudo HK (Facebook) posted a video of the saikoho powder brush with the ebony, maple and pao rosa wood handle on their YouTube channel today:
With the current conversion rate, the advertised price of the brush $980/1200 (HKD) looks to be in the same range as the white mushroom.

Ohh dear....980.00$!!!i hoping for less....
Thanks for info Arch

Karla

Postby Karla » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:29 pm

argiro wrote:
arch wrote:A couple of members already spotted this brush a couple of weeks ago via cdjapan_beauty on Instagram, but Koyudo HK (Facebook) posted a video of the saikoho powder brush with the ebony, maple and pao rosa wood handle on their YouTube channel today:
With the current conversion rate, the advertised price of the brush $980/1200 (HKD) looks to be in the same range as the white mushroom.

Ohh dear....980.00$!!!i hoping for less....
Thanks for info Arch

Is the price $980 US dls!!??

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:48 pm

I like the brush head, and I can see that the handle is nice craftmanship. It looks rather busy to me though, so I don't find it as sleek and elegant as I prefer.

Buggsiebee

Postby Buggsiebee » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:58 pm

Fortunately Arch said 980 - 1200 HKD, not USD.
That would convert to about 125 - 155 US$.
Last edited by Buggsiebee on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buggsiebee

Postby Buggsiebee » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm with you Jeanette. I'm all for beautiful wood cratfsmanship, but I'm also not loving the stripes. The head looks wonderful though. REALLY soft and nice & dense.

Devin

Postby Devin » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:06 am

I agree with the sentiments here, the brush head looks superb but the handle could use some improvement. I do enjoy the fact that Koyudo continues to come out with new and exciting brushes.

Tara

Postby Tara » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:30 pm

I think it's a cute handle, not elegant like the koyomos, but still different... :D if the head is like the white mushroom though, i'm not too happy with mine, so for that reason, maybe i can skip this brush... :hand:

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:50 pm

Tara wrote:I think it's a cute handle, not elegant like the koyomos, but still different... :D if the head is like the white mushroom though, i'm not too happy with mine, so for that reason, maybe i can skip this brush... :hand:

I heard quite a few not being satisfied with their white mushroom. It seems that the quality may have decreased after the first batches.

Chuchi

Postby Chuchi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Tara wrote:I think it's a cute handle, not elegant like the koyomos, but still different... :D if the head is like the white mushroom though, i'm not too happy with mine, so for that reason, maybe i can skip this brush... :hand:

I really get a retro 70's style from this brush actually. Like this brush would have been a complete hit in that time. I don't know. But it's still quite different for sure. I am saving my wallet for the koyomo actually.

Tara

Postby Tara » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:49 am

Chuchi wrote:

I really get a retro 70's style from this brush actually. Like this brush would have been a complete hit in that time. I don't know. But it's still quite different for sure. I am saving my wallet for the koyomo actually.

Ooh, which Koyomo brushes do you plan on getting? :D I'm still on the fence with this koyudo brush because of my white Mushroom experience. There are other brushes out there that call to me more... Are you on Instagram? There are quite a few of us there. That's where I post my brush pics because I haven't figured out yet how to do that on this forum... :laughing-rolling:

Return to “Make-up brushes”