Lemmings

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
arch

Re: Lemmings

Postby arch » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:34 am

Valensia Ng launched her Volare collection of face and eyes brushes a couple of weeks ago, with lip and accessories listed as "coming soon." The company itself is based in Vancouver, BC Canada, but offers brushes that are all hand-made in Japan. The similarity between Volare, MONDO-artist and Wayne Goss suggests they are manufactured by Hakuhodo. Regarding the type of goat hair used — which isn't listed on their website — I received the following response via email:
[W]e use either SOKOHO or SAIKOHO as both terms have become undistinguishable, even from the brush manufacturers' perspective. However, I can ensure you that our makeup brushes are made by the world leading KUMANO brush manufactures that only chooses the best quality goat hair.

arch

Postby arch » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:51 am

Kihitsu Sakura Tree set:

Price list via fudejapan: powder 9,000 yen; cheek 5,000 yen; eyeshadow (L) 3,000 yen; eyeshadow (M) 2,400 yen; eyeshadow (S) 1,800 yen

arch

Postby arch » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Annbeauty uses "A+ grade goat hair" (Saikoho?) in their 5-piece hand-made Katakana series:

arch

Postby arch » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:22 am

Tom Ford Soleil Collection Winter 2016 Travel Brush Set:

blackkitty2014 wrote:[T]he brush set is $850 usd

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 am

arch wrote:Kihitsu Sakura Tree set:

Price list via fudejapan: powder 9,000 yen; cheek 5,000 yen; eyeshadow (L) 3,000 yen; eyeshadow (M) 2,400 yen; eyeshadow (S) 1,800 yen

This looks really nice and I love these handles too!
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 am

arch wrote:Annbeauty uses "A+ grade goat hair" (Saikoho?) in their 5-piece hand-made Katakana series:

Yes probably Saikoho, very nice :)

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:10 am

arch wrote:Tom Ford Soleil Collection Winter 2016 Travel Brush Set:

blackkitty2014 wrote:[T]he brush set is $850 usd

I have always wanted one of their make-up bags but their prices are just way out of my budget zone! shame... so pretty!!!
so sexy!!

arch

Postby arch » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:00 am

Annbeauty has released their new BELKA set/series, which is made of blue/gray squirrel and "A+" goat hair brushes:

N.B. Hakuhodo's new brushes feature an apparently similar mix of white goat and squirrel, and it looks like some of the equivalent brushes in the BELKA series are included in Sonia's review (e.g., G511=BELKA B2), but because Annbeauty does not include dimensions for any of their brushes, that's only a guess.

arch

Postby arch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:22 am

Nars has released a new eight piece Pro Brush Collection that includes face and eye brushes:

Each NARS PRO brush is hand-bound in Japan with rarified craftsmanship, and expertly shaped for advanced makeup artistry. Made from distinctive natural fibers — or gentle synthetic hair — for plush, refined application that builds and blends with extreme ease, or for a soft and luxurious application of NARS cream, liquid, and gel formulas, respectively.

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:33 am

Hi Arch, how've you been. I remember how selective you are when choosing your brushes. Did you ever get any of these NARS brushes? I haven't bought any brushes in a while except for some surprisingly good Chinese ones. So many brushes with the same look and shapes. I'm waiting for something new and innovative enough to blow my mind and get me lusting over brushes again.

Return to “Make-up brushes”