BRUSH - Comparison Picture Requests

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
gatos

Re: BRUSH - Comparison Picture Requests

Postby gatos » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Thanks so much Whee!!! :D
Kokutan looks great right in between the two Etoile... it shall be mine! <3

I'll take a pic of the Canadian face brushes as soon as I get home!
:ty:

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Whee ! Confetti !! wrote:
Also can you girlz please some pics of your canadian squirrel blush brushes ?
I'd like to see them ! :D

I've posted these pictures a while ago ,sorry I don't remember which topic was in. HTH :D

gatos

Postby gatos » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:14 pm

Sorry for the delay in posting these pics Noémie, hope they are still useful! :D

Here are the Canadian Squirrel face brushes I own:
20150131_133728-1_resized_1.jpg

L-R: Kihitsu Maple Set Powder (Large), Koyudo Echizen (V2), Chikuhodo Kiwami Cheek.

The densest is by far the Koyudo cheek brush in the middle. The other two are quite airy and actually have a very similar feel, except for the obvious size difference. I think you saw Toshiya said on IG that Kihitsu is selling this brush separately. I wholeheartedly recommend it!!! Super soft, a beautiful gem.

Here are some comparison pics of the two that are currently available with some I know you own ;) (or some smut staples) :
20150131_133842_resized_1.jpg

L-R: R-C2, Z-4, Koyudo Echizen, Kokutan JSG, T-5.
20150131_133912-1_resized_1.jpg

20150131_134145-1_resized_1.jpg

L-R: Fu-shikaden powder, Kihitsu, P-8.
20150131_134220-1_resized_1.jpg

The Fu-shikaden, Kihitsu and Koyudo were sleeping in a brush roll so they are a bit flatter than they normally would be at the moment!

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:51 pm

IMG_9708a.JPG
DSC06401a.JPG
Here is my meagre supply of canadian squirrel eye brushes lol. I really don't have much. The only other ones I have are from my CES maple leaft set from Kihitsu. I guess I need to rectify this situation. :lol: :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

dusty

Postby dusty » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:03 pm

@ midnitedesire & gatos :ty: for the pictures! The v2 canadian brush is much thicker than I imagine! Is it this one on CD japan?
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOKUD-333

Also I know this might be comparing apple to orange, but how does it compare to the Z4? In terms of hair texture & functionality? They seem to be similar enough that I wanna to get one of them (first)....Which one would you get first?

-----------------------------dividing line---------------------------------

Since gatos' picture featured two very sexy looking white goat brushes, I cannot hold this question anymore. Guys, what are your top three white goat brushes in terms of softness (excluding the koyudo Saibikoho brushes & Koyomo) ? The Takeda foundation brushes just restored my trust in goat hair.... I complaint about my Hak kokutan kinoko brush elsewhere but in short it is not soft enough. So I am wondering how are everybody enjoying their white goat brushes!!

gatos

Postby gatos » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:08 am

dusty wrote:Also I know this might be comparing apple to orange, but how does it compare to the Z4? In terms of hair texture & functionality? They seem to be similar enough that I wanna to get one of them (first)....Which one would you get first?

Hey dusty, the Koyudo Canadian Squirrel brush is firmer and denser than the Z-4 for sure. I find that with very pigmented or soft (in texture) blushes it tends to pick up too much product, but otherwise it is a very versatile brush. It's an excellent blender too. Just for full disclosure, Angela doesn't think hers is soft enough. I guess it can vary batch by batch, mine is quite soft, not at the same level as grey squirrel but still very pleasantly soft.

I love my Z-4 very much and probably use it more than the Koyudo, but keep in mind that you can get that one at any point whereas the Koyudo seems to come in and out of stock. Also, Canadian Squirrel hair seems to be very limited these days, so who knows for how long Koyudo can keep making them. In short, if you already know you would like to own both brushes, I would go for the Koyudo first based on availability.

dusty wrote:Guys, what are your top three white goat brushes in terms of softness (excluding the koyudo Saibikoho brushes & Koyomo) ?

I have had nothing but great experiences with white Saikoho hair from Haku, Chiku and Koyudo. If made to choose the softest, I am inclined to say Koyudo BP series has the softest Saikoho, followed by Haku J series. But again I think it can vary batch by batch. I own two Haku J110 for example, and one is slightly softer than the other. Honestly I think you can't go wrong with either of these series for Saikoho goat. The Takumi are beautiful too, although I concur with others in wishing that the handles were a little bit heavier. I still think my Haku and Koyudo are a teeny tiny bit softer, although I am sure many here would disagree :lol:

As for specific brushes, any of these I think are a great choices: Koyudo BP016, BP008, BP006, white mushroom kabuki; Hakuhodo J110 (or SJ110 with the fancy Vermillion handle which is a new release!), J210, J5521, J5543, J104; Chikuhodo T-4 and T-5, T1. I hope this helps somewhat! Would love to hear what others have to say as well :ty:

Whee ! Confetti !!

Postby Whee ! Confetti !! » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:13 am

Thank you so much for the pictures girls (and all the informations Cat) !
This is really helpfull ! Still I do not know which ones to pick yet ! XD I guess I should start with the Koyudo. :think: But i like brushes with a airy feel especially for the face. :3
Whee ! Confetti !! - Where there's confetti, there's a party !

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:55 pm

Bea, I like the look of the Inglot one. What do you think of it?

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Carlyn wrote:Bea, I like the look of the Inglot one. What do you think of it?

I like it. Use it for hightlighting the brow bone! I kinda wish there was a bigger version for contouring sides of the nose or even for under the cheek bones/jawline. In other words, for the face! :lol: :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Whee ! Confetti !!

Postby Whee ! Confetti !! » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Ok so right now if I want to buy a Canadian blush brush, I have only one option right ?
The Koyudo Echizen V2 ? I fear it might be too dense for me...

Or the Kihitsu set, but I do not want the whole set. :P
Whee ! Confetti !! - Where there's confetti, there's a party !

Return to “Make-up brushes”