Custom Order MAKIE

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
Lyanna Stark

Re: Custom Order MAKIE

Postby Lyanna Stark » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Wow. Congrats, Angela, it's beautiful.

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Me too! I'm staring at the screen , knowing all I wanted to do was touch it lol :lol: :laughing-rolling:

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:41 am

Angela, that took my breath away! I didn't even think this level of detail was possible. I was planning to collect the Qusavi kabukis, but now I want a custom Makie brush first. Where did you find your design? I wouldn't know where to begin. Suggestions for galleries of designs please, anyone? I know you must be so thrilled with your brush, congrats! I would be in heaven to see and touch something of that beauty every day.

Cat, where is yours, sweet girl?

gatos

Postby gatos » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:56 am

Carlyn wrote:Angela, that took my breath away! I didn't even think this level of detail was possible.

It is absolutely breathtaking, isn't it?! I am so amazed by the work these guys have done, I almost fainted when Angela first showed me this, same as with the others! :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heartbeating:

Carlyn, if all goes well, mine should be here tomorrow!

As for getting ideas, you could maybe start by google-image searching for commonly "maki-efied" objects such as tea caddies, pens, trays, etc. You could also search for specific maki-e techniques (using, for example, Melissa's original post as a guide for the names.) Just be careful or you may end up falling in love with all sorts of beauties :lol: Right Sarah?

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:20 am

You're damn right gatos !
Never look for makie beauties otherwise you end like me :

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:25 pm

Sarah! What is that container you got Makie-d? It's a perfect match for your Mushroom.

Thanks Cat, I will begin my search in earnest! I need one of these and it looks awesome on on the H008 too. I think that's the brush I'll get since it has a larger surface to work with. Can't wait to see yours today or tomorrow?

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Carlyn
I found a link about "birth flowers', so every month has its own flower. Mine is Camellia, what a coincidence w the Chanel Spring blush. It MUST be a sign......... LOL.........

Maybe that'll give u an idea?? I'll have a quick look on my "brush files" :lol: :lol:
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

gatos

Postby gatos » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Carlyn wrote:Sarah! What is that container you got Makie-d? It's a perfect match for your Mushroom.

That is Sarah's fancy new tea caddie! If I remember correctly, it is where she found the idea for her mushroom. Then it only made sense to have the matching set so the tea caddie was purchased. Wise decision I must say :D

Buggsiebee

Postby Buggsiebee » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:15 pm

Very wise! Because of course one always has the tea caddy standing next to the makeup brush :laughing-rolling:
The design is lovely on both. Very beautiful!

Bonnie

Postby Bonnie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:39 am

Omg I missed out so much!! Everyone's brushes are so STUNNING, how did you manage to pick the design you wanted?? That would be so difficult.....

I think I want my very own now eeeep!!!

Return to “Make-up brushes”