Chikuhodo Winter 2014 LE Noel sets

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
midnitedesire

Re: Chikuhodo Winter 2014 LE Noel sets

Postby midnitedesire » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:04 pm

@Jeanette : Love this, thank you for sharing! Which one is the best in your opinion,hun? :D

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:00 am

Kay wrote:Jeanette, :ty: for the great photos and helpful comments! More lemmings! I actually have 2 sets of GS-1 and GS-2 and find while they look alike, there are subtle differences. Of the two sets, I prefer the thicker, firmer GS-1 and the thinner, flexible GS-2. Do you use your GS-2? And am curious to find out what makes your small Kiwami one of your most used brushes. I also like the Haku S-133. :D

Hi Kay, you're welcome :D The Kiwami small e/s is the one of the three Kiwami e/s brushes that I use the most. Not the one of all of my brushes. But it is very effective as a x-small lay down brush. I like to use it for placing shadow in the inner corners and on the middle of the lid for an extra pop of colour or shine.
That is interesting that there are noticable differences between the Houkodou brushes! I only have one of each. The small one, G-S2, is quite full, not as flat as Mac 239, but still good for applying eyeshadow. But I understand why you like the flatter one for that.
What do you use the G-S1 for? Overall eyeshadow application for the whole eye area? I don't quite know what to use it for. Maybe because I have hooded eyes, I find that I need more control in application and thus prefer smaller eye brushes ;)

Kay

Postby Kay » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Jeanette, I have hooded eyes also and use the GS-1 as a laydown brush for a light base shade for entire eyelid area including under the eye. It's like my favorite Shu 12.

I buy duplicates of often used eye brushes and find there are often differences in shape, density, flexibility and softness. There isn't that much of a difference in the Hokoudou brushes. I've had problems with kolinsky and other stiffer hairs. I guess because they are so tiny, it's difficult to make them exactly alike. My second Shu 12 purchased recently at a Japan Shu counter turned out to be unusable, square at the top and stiff enough to poke. I have two Haku 120 kolinsky brushes purchased a while back and one is similarly square topped and pokey enough to be painful. If I used them properly in one direction I suppose it would not be a problem but sometimes I do swish. Perhaps my eye area is particularly sensitive.

dealiberty

Postby dealiberty » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:27 am

I am more of a lurker than an active board member, but I do read along. Apparently, I was a bit enthusiastic about my desire for these brushes because more than one person jumped in to purchase them for me... I have now ended up with two of the Neige sets. Which is slightly more than I anticipated! Did everyone who wanted a Neige set get theirs? I thought I'd check on here first before figuring out what I should do with the duplicates!

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:42 am

Kay wrote:Jeanette, I have hooded eyes also and use the GS-1 as a laydown brush for a light base shade for entire eyelid area including under the eye. It's like my favorite Shu 12.

I buy duplicates of often used eye brushes and find there are often differences in shape, density, flexibility and softness. There isn't that much of a difference in the Hokoudou brushes. I've had problems with kolinsky and other stiffer hairs. I guess because they are so tiny, it's difficult to make them exactly alike. My second Shu 12 purchased recently at a Japan Shu counter turned out to be unusable, square at the top and stiff enough to poke. I have two Haku 120 kolinsky brushes purchased a while back and one is similarly square topped and pokey enough to be painful. If I used them properly in one direction I suppose it would not be a problem but sometimes I do swish. Perhaps my eye area is particularly sensitive.

Thanks Kay. I haven't noticed such differences myself since I have so few backups. And most of them I haven't unwrapped. But I guess it is to be expected with handmade craft.
It seems to be mostly a risk with Kolinsky, which I don't have many of. I just got the Shu 10 thanks to lovely Carlyn :romance-smileyheart: and the Shu 5R which is round, so none of them are pokey :D

Whee ! Confetti !!

Postby Whee ! Confetti !! » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:38 pm

dealiberty wrote:I am more of a lurker than an active board member, but I do read along. Apparently, I was a bit enthusiastic about my desire for these brushes because more than one person jumped in to purchase them for me... I have now ended up with two of the Neige sets. Which is slightly more than I anticipated! Did everyone who wanted a Neige set get theirs? I thought I'd check on here first before figuring out what I should do with the duplicates!

Hum that's interesting. :think:
Can you remind me its price ?
Whee ! Confetti !! - Where there's confetti, there's a party !

Shon

Postby Shon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:02 pm

I am keen too but whee confetti beat me to it...

dealiberty

Postby dealiberty » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:35 pm

Whee ! Confetti !! wrote:
dealiberty wrote:I am more of a lurker than an active board member, but I do read along. Apparently, I was a bit enthusiastic about my desire for these brushes because more than one person jumped in to purchase them for me... I have now ended up with two of the Neige sets. Which is slightly more than I anticipated! Did everyone who wanted a Neige set get theirs? I thought I'd check on here first before figuring out what I should do with the duplicates!

Hum that's interesting. :think:
Can you remind me its price ?

It was $135 for the brushes and $32.20 for the tax/duties (it came from Beautylish). It's on its way to me from the UK from a friend at the moment and I paid the shipping for that, but I am willing to to ship it to you (or anyone else if you aren't interested) for no additional shipping charges.

Whee ! Confetti !!

Postby Whee ! Confetti !! » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:48 am

Shon wrote:I am keen too but whee confetti beat me to it...

Go Shon ! :D
In the end, I think the Etoile set is more than enough. :)
Whee ! Confetti !! - Where there's confetti, there's a party !

henieta

Postby henieta » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:37 am

:angelic-innocent: :angelic-innocent:
Thank you all to share that info. I really want that set :confusion-seeingstars: but my persnal buyer told me she forgot about it..... So there is no way i can ever get my hands on that set T_T

Return to “Make-up brushes”