TAKEDA brushes

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
Melissa

Re: TAKEDA brushes

Postby Melissa » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Carlyn just ask Takeda to send u some suggestions with yr name in Kanji. Thats what I did with "Sarah". And u can choose what u like best.
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

myramking

Postby myramking » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:27 am

Someone was asking why they charge to have their own name engraved on the brushes...Mr. Takeda mentioned they have another company do it for them--so that maybe why?

Anyway, I wanted to share my pencil brush (modified from Sonia's design). HEAVEN. Now my search for the perfect pointed pencil brush is over. Thank Goodness. A back up is on the way with the brush number and my name in English on it. Can't wait!! :P

Mr. Takeda also explained how he named my brush. And I imagine some of the other customized brushes they make.
Pencil brush 10SRSS CSQU:
No. 10, because the width of a round 6mm diameter ferrule brush, is close to the width of a 10mm pressed brush
SR= "Super round (very pointed)"
SS="Super short" (explained that 6-7mm hair length was "very, very short" for a 6mm diameter ferrule brush)
CSQU="Canadian Squirrel"

—Myra
http://instagram.com/myramking/

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." --Joe Sabah

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:39 am

That looks like an awesome pencil brush!! :clap: My Takeda wishlist just got a little longer lol. :lol: :mrgreen:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

myramking

Postby myramking » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:02 am

brushjunkie wrote:That looks like an awesome pencil brush!! :clap: My Takeda wishlist just got a little longer lol. :lol: :mrgreen:

Thanks, Bea
I am so thrilled with it!

It's fantastic for soft blending around the eye. I trade density for the pointed ability to draw a slight cat eye with kohl liner/shadows and to create subtle shapes. It does have density to blend but Sonia's rounded shape might be better for some other people's needs.

He said if anyone wanted this brush (or anyone else's custom brush), to just mention the brush number and the person who requested it.

I got a back up because I'm paranoid. Lol and I want to have one stored away for 10 years from now. With occasional use so the brush hairs don't go bad.

When I mentioned putting the second one away, he said to store with insect repellent if I do not use for awhile.
I'm assuming he means moth ball packets near it? Is my best guess.
I thought that was interesting...
—Myra

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." --Joe Sabah

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Insect repellent hahaha! Yes mothballs probably. I am definitely keeping your brush number for reference. I find smaller brushes more suitable for my uses and this one definitely will work on me. I don't like too much 'smoky' for want of a better word, just a little smudging for liner is what looks better on me I think and your little brush will do the trick! :clap: :dance:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

myramking

Postby myramking » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:58 pm

brushjunkie wrote:Insect repellent hahaha! Yes mothballs probably. I am definitely keeping your brush number for reference. I find smaller brushes more suitable for my uses and this one definitely will work on me. I don't like too much 'smoky' for want of a better word, just a little smudging for liner is what looks better on me I think and your little brush will do the trick! :clap: :dance:

I'm right there with you--I prefer subtlety to overly "smoky" eyes. Let me know what you think if you get it! I think you'll like it. :)
—Myra

Aurora Borealis

Postby Aurora Borealis » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:42 am

Congratulations Myra, it's beautiful and looks really interesting :D
Thanks for the information, this is going on my Takeda list........

myramking

Postby myramking » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:03 pm

Aurora Borealis wrote:Congratulations Myra, it's beautiful and looks really interesting :D
Thanks for the information, this is going on my Takeda list........

Yay! It is my new favorite brush so I hope you enjoy! <3
—Myra

arch

Postby arch » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:40 am

Takeda has released a collection of ten (individually available) saikoho brushes: EX〈S〉.
Some of the brushes included in this line-up aren't new and have been released as limited-edition items in the past, but it sounds like these brushes are meant to be semi-permanent, depending on their stock of raw materials.

Nothing we haven't seen already in terms of shapes (i.e., J series), especially since members here have customized brushes from Takeda, but that didn't stop me from sending them an email about No.16ROVEXS and asking if these brushes were available in something other than pink handles.

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:54 am

myramking wrote:Someone was asking why they charge to have their own name engraved on the brushes...Mr. Takeda mentioned they have another company do it for them--so that maybe why?

Anyway, I wanted to share my pencil brush (modified from Sonia's design). HEAVEN. Now my search for the perfect pointed pencil brush is over. Thank Goodness. A back up is on the way with the brush number and my name in English on it. Can't wait!! :P

Mr. Takeda also explained how he named my brush. And I imagine some of the other customized brushes they make.
Pencil brush 10SRSS CSQU:
No. 10, because the width of a round 6mm diameter ferrule brush, is close to the width of a 10mm pressed brush
SR= "Super round (very pointed)"
SS="Super short" (explained that 6-7mm hair length was "very, very short" for a 6mm diameter ferrule brush)
CSQU="Canadian Squirrel"

Thank you for the info :)
My list with Takeda is about to explode, they are probably going to think we are insane customers with very precise expectations... oh wait, I think they already think that :lol:
I want all the cs pencils in the world :doh:
Regarding the insect repellent... that needs clarification.... I use my brushes in rotation but I don't want anything to happen to them so I will ask for more info :think:
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

Return to “Make-up brushes”