TAKEDA brushes

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Re: TAKEDA brushes

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:56 am

arch wrote:Takeda has released a collection of ten (individually available) saikoho brushes: EX〈S〉.
Some of the brushes included in this line-up aren't new and have been released as limited-edition items in the past, but it sounds like these brushes are meant to be semi-permanent, depending on their stock of raw materials.

Nothing we haven't seen already in terms of shapes (i.e., J series), especially since members here have customized brushes from Takeda, but that didn't stop me from sending them an email about No.16ROVEXS and asking if these brushes were available in something other than pink handles.

Japanese manufactures have often an obsession for pink "cute" handles, but I wish it wasn't such a go-to handle color.. I am not a fan.
Maybe I should ask them too for another shade. If you end up ordering some, can you please say how soft and dense it is? Maybe they are better than the J series but I am already happy with the J.. :D
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:44 pm

I am not too crazy about the pink handles either. I wish they would be make available in other colours.
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:21 pm

brushjunkie wrote:I am not too crazy about the pink handles either. I wish they would be make available in other colours.

See!!! they definitely have an obsession for baby pink... :mrgreen:
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

arch

Postby arch » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:01 pm

brushjunkie wrote:I am not too crazy about the pink handles either. I wish they would be make available in other colours.

Maybe it's because they wanted to differentiate this LE collection from their core line-up that they didn't opt for their standard handle colors (i.e., black, red and maple), but at least they recognize that pink might not be for everyone when they mention that the red/椿 version of the large shadow brush is available at no extra charge.

Sonia_Admin wrote:If you end up ordering some, can you please say how soft and dense it is?

I ordered the 16ROV and SH12OV brushes in black, so if the pink handles are holding anyone back, they shouldn't. The description of the round cheek brush says it's intentionally designed not to be dense, so I'll report back on it for sure.

myramking

Postby myramking » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:16 pm

Sonia_Admin wrote:
myramking wrote:Someone was asking why they charge to have their own name engraved on the brushes...Mr. Takeda mentioned they have another company do it for them--so that maybe why?

Anyway, I wanted to share my pencil brush (modified from Sonia's design). HEAVEN. Now my search for the perfect pointed pencil brush is over. Thank Goodness. A back up is on the way with the brush number and my name in English on it. Can't wait!! :P

Mr. Takeda also explained how he named my brush. And I imagine some of the other customized brushes they make.
Pencil brush 10SRSS CSQU:
No. 10, because the width of a round 6mm diameter ferrule brush, is close to the width of a 10mm pressed brush
SR= "Super round (very pointed)"
SS="Super short" (explained that 6-7mm hair length was "very, very short" for a 6mm diameter ferrule brush)
CSQU="Canadian Squirrel"

Thank you for the info :)
My list with Takeda is about to explode, they are probably going to think we are insane customers with very precise expectations... oh wait, I think they already think that :lol:
I want all the cs pencils in the world :doh:
Regarding the insect repellent... that needs clarification.... I use my brushes in rotation but I don't want anything to happen to them so I will ask for more info :think:

I have 2 of my customized brush and another one that is a squirrel mix. I will tag you on my instagram pictures of the brushes. The mixed option feels just like tamage (it's canadian and european squirrel). So for shadows I use just the CS option and for liners and pencils I use the mixed option. Very VERY happy.

As for the insect repellant, the only thing I could figure is that he is trying to say to keep the moisture out of the brushes? Not sure what insects would be getting in my brushes! Clarification would be great.

So what I did was bought a 500 pack of small silica packets and placed some of them near my brushes and in my makeup acrylic drawers to keep the moisture levels under control. The silica packets can be bought on Amazon and so far I am very happy with them.

Let me know what he says about the insect repellent.

Oh and the logo is a modified white lily flower. He said that the company was named "White Lily Company" until about 1970. He probably got sick of all of my questions! LOL :lol: :D
—Myra
http://instagram.com/myramking/

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." --Joe Sabah

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:47 pm

Wait, whaaaaa?! Insect repellent?? I missed this. What is that all about! :o :lol: :lol: :think:
Bea

myramking

Postby myramking » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:53 pm

Bea,

I told Mr. Takeda I wanted a back up brush to store away and he said if you don't use it for awhile, to store with insect repellant.
He didn't elaborate more so I'm guessing it's for moisture and who knows, to keep little critters away.
I just put silica packets in near my brushes to help cut down moisture from damaging them. Particularly for the ones not used as often but are still cherished. :)
—Myra

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." --Joe Sabah

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:57 am

myramking wrote:Bea,

I told Mr. Takeda I wanted a back up brush to store away and he said if you don't use it for awhile, to store with insect repellant.
He didn't elaborate more so I'm guessing it's for moisture and who knows, to keep little critters away.
I just put silica packets in near my brushes to help cut down moisture from damaging them. Particularly for the ones not used as often but are still cherished. :)

Oh! Maybe he meant moth balls or something like that. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Bea

myramking

Postby myramking » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:18 am

That's what I'm guessing. I just wasn't sure about mothballs because I think some are not ideal to use. I hear Cedar wood that comes in small chunks is a good repellant too.

Here is his exact words to me:

"do you keep up your order ?

If you do not use it for long time ,
please storage it with insect repellent."
—Myra

myramking

Postby myramking » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:28 am

Oh I forgot to mention that Yasuhiro San sent me a small red liner brush free of charge. I think it was because my two additional brushes took longer than expected and they had accidentally missed my payment. They didn't realize until I emailed them two weeks later to check up on the order bc I hadn't heard anything. He was very apologetic. Excellent customer service.

I will be sending the company as a whole, a small gift in a few weeks here. As a thank you.
I spent years and wasted so much money trying to find the perfect small, pointed pencil brush and now the search is finally over. Sincerely grateful to Takeda Brush Company! :angelic-innocent: :pray:
:angelic-innocent:
—Myra

Return to “Make-up brushes”