TAKEDA brushes

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
brushjunkie

Re: TAKEDA brushes

Postby brushjunkie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:02 am

myramking wrote:That's what I'm guessing. I just wasn't sure about mothballs because I think some are not ideal to use. I hear Cedar wood that comes in small chunks is a good repellant too.

Here is his exact words to me:

"do you keep up your order ?

If you do not use it for long time ,
please storage it with insect repellent."

That just sounds funny! :lol: Yes cedar wood. I have some blocks of it lying around. I will have to see about keeping some near my brushes that are in my Alex drawers.
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Toto850

Postby Toto850 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:04 pm

myramking wrote:That's what I'm guessing. I just wasn't sure about mothballs because I think some are not ideal to use. I hear Cedar wood that comes in small chunks is a good repellant too.

Oh my! :o And did you took his advice? :D
'The most beautiful make-up of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.' - Yves Saint Laurent

My IG: Toto_850

arch

Postby arch » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:20 pm

MONDO-artist [D], Takeda 16ROVEXS and Chikuhodo R-C2:

Takeda SH12OVEXS and Suqqu L:

The 16ROVEXS (39mm) feels like a 6 on a density scale of 1-10, and is tied in softness with the MONDO-artist [D], which was the softest Saikoho brush I owned up until now. Not much use making any comments about the SH12OVEXS (21mm) when I only own three eye shadow brushes in total, except to mention that I'm glad it's as fluffy as it is; I bought it as an alternative to the Takumi T-6, for use as a small highlighting brush.

The cheek brush had a much more interesting shape than I expected post-wash: in between a classic rounded dome and a softly tapered candle-shaped cheek brush — a jumbo goat-hair version of the Tanseido YSC 14 immediately came to mind. Anyone expecting lazer-cut level precision bundling won't be impressed by either of these Takeda brushes though, especially the 16ROVEXS, whose bristles are noticeably choppy in some places. Is it because Saikoho hair is much more difficult to mould into these tapered OV shapes?

myramking

Postby myramking » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:35 pm

arch wrote:MONDO-artist [D], Takeda 16ROVEXS and Chikuhodo R-C2:

Takeda SH12OVEXS and Suqqu L:

The 16ROVEXS (39mm) feels like a 6 on a density scale of 1-10, and is tied in softness with the MONDO-artist [D], which was the softest Saikoho brush I owned up until now. Not much use making any comments about the SH12OVEXS (21mm) when I only own three eye shadow brushes in total, except to mention that I'm glad it's as fluffy as it is; I bought it as an alternative to the Takumi T-6, for use as a small highlighting brush.

The cheek brush had a much more interesting shape than I expected post-wash: in between a classic rounded dome and a softly tapered candle-shaped cheek brush — a jumbo goat-hair version of the Tanseido YSC 14 immediately came to mind. Anyone expecting lazer-cut level precision bundling won't be impressed by either of these Takeda brushes though, especially the 16ROVEXS, whose bristles are noticeably choppy in some places. Is it because Saikoho hair is much more difficult to mould into these tapered OV shapes?

SH12OVEXS looks intriguing I like that it's more pinched at the ferrule than the Suqqu L and it looks like it would be awesome for blending. Thanks for sharing!
—Myra
http://instagram.com/myramking/

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." --Joe Sabah

myramking

Postby myramking » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Toto850 wrote:

Champoun! Oh my I didn't get your message on here for some reason. I did just buy some cedar blocks and place them in my most used brush drawer. :D
—Myra
http://instagram.com/myramking/

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." --Joe Sabah

Toto850

Postby Toto850 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:05 pm

myramking wrote:
Toto850 wrote:

Champoun! Oh my I didn't get your message on here for some reason. I did just buy some cedar blocks and place them in my most used brush drawer. :D

Myra, no worries! :D

The forum has been a bit slow and I just saw some replies myself. lol :lol:

Let us know if it works! :D
'The most beautiful make-up of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.' - Yves Saint Laurent

My IG: Toto_850

Return to “Make-up brushes”