CHIKUHODO × BEAUTYLISH Sakura Collection

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
arch

Re: CHIKUHODO × BEAUTYLISH Sakura Collection

Postby arch » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:50 pm

Some more details via the Beautylish newsletter:
Our design process with Chikuhodo involved careful consideration of every detail, from the brush shape and hair type to the ornate handle design... [T]his five-piece set includes two face brushes and three smaller brushes for eye and detail work. The brush shapes are different from any others offered by Chikuhodo and the set includes everything you need to complete an entire look.
The Sakura Collection will only be available as a complete set and our plan is to ship them worldwide... we'll send you a sneak peek of the brushes next week and give you the opportunity to join us for preview events in San Francisco and New York if you're in the area.

I saw one member here mentioning via Instagram that they were attending the preview in Dallas tomorrow night, hopefully that means we won't have to wait until next week for a preview.

arch

Postby arch » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:22 am

Here are some photos via Twitter and Instagram:

antiquerose

Postby antiquerose » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:30 am

the handlesssss are so pretty!!

The whole "shapes that don't exist in the current line" is sort of BS. That looks like the z4 and a standard powder brush ha.

myramking

Postby myramking » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:36 am

I want to know what that pencil brush is like. Hopefully more dense than the Z-10 and not pokey. I'll probably get it depending on the hair type.
—Myra
http://instagram.com/myramking/

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." --Joe Sabah

myramking

Postby myramking » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:27 am

Ugh looking at other pictures and it looks like the one is a flat shader. :snooty:
—Myra
http://instagram.com/myramking/

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." --Joe Sabah

Aurora Borealis

Postby Aurora Borealis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:03 am

:ty: Arch for keeping us updated.

Guess I got my wish with some MK-2'ish decorated handels and I do like them. Are the brushes smaller versions of Z-9, Z-8 (seems too round a shape to be a Z-4?) and Z-5 with a smokey eye and a liner? Assume the hair are grey squirrel and a kolinsky??

Aurora Borealis

Postby Aurora Borealis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:45 am

Looking on Instagram some say $200 for the set, the largest powder is a mix of goat and squirrel, and the others grey squirrel.
Can anyone confirm??

gatos

Postby gatos » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi guys, I have a bit more info from one of our members who was able to go to the preview last night, she is probably busy at work at the moment but I'll ask her if she has any images to share with us later.

So the powder brush is actually angled, you can't quite tell from the pic but apparently it is. And correct, it is a mix of sokoho goat and grey squirrel, apparently it is nice and soft. The cheek brush is smaller than the Z-4, something maybe in-between Z-4 and the Suqqu cheek, but I have no idea what the density is like. It is 100% grey squirrel. The crease brush is very tapered and pointy, something close to the Surratt smoky (medium or small? Or maybe in between). Then there's a flat shader that reminds me of Suqqu F, but again I don't know about the density. Both shader and crease are grey squirrel too. Last but not least there is a tiny and pointy fitch eyeliner brush that I am pretty excited about. I love eyeliner brushes haha.

gatos

Postby gatos » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Aaaand here are some pictures from our lovely Carlyn:
2015-06-12-16-47-37_deco_resized.jpg

2015-06-12-16-43-11_deco_resized.jpg

2015-06-12-16-41-50_deco_resized.jpg

2015-06-12-16-44-24_deco_resized.jpg

2015-06-12-16-46-03_deco_resized.jpg

Thanks so much Carlyn, you rock :ty: :ty: :ty:

arch

Postby arch » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:04 pm

antiquerose wrote:The whole "shapes that don't exist in the current line" is sort of BS.

I'll give them the angled squirrel/goat face brush, but the (Z-4) cheek brush...Image I can't think of a use for any more eye brushes — that smokey eye brush is especially tough. It'd be an easier decision if the cheek brush had any other shape. I'd be buying the set for the maki-e powder brush.

Thanks Carlyn for the additional info and comparison photos (and gatos for sharing it with us). Image
Last edited by arch on Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Make-up brushes”