CHIKUHODO × BEAUTYLISH Sakura Collection

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
antiquerose

Re: CHIKUHODO × BEAUTYLISH Sakura Collection

Postby antiquerose » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Thank you for the detailed info!!

I saw on instagram that there is supposedly only 200 sets available...

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:47 pm

Devin wrote:I wonder how beautylish chose Dallas, anyway it is too far away for me. I am going to sound like a snob but the "pleased" with the price worries me. I can't wait until the photos trickle out, I need to get on instagram stat.

This is just a guess, but The Makeup Show is in Dallas this weekend, so Beautylish was already going to attend that event. Nils said the price will be announced soon, but it should be right under $200. It may depend on Chikuhodo, but I think he's fighting to keep it at that price point. Go Nils!!

Devin

Postby Devin » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:10 am

Carlyn wrote:
Devin wrote:I wonder how beautylish chose Dallas, anyway it is too far away for me. I am going to sound like a snob but the "pleased" with the price worries me. I can't wait until the photos trickle out, I need to get on instagram stat.

This is just a guess, but The Makeup Show is in Dallas this weekend, so Beautylish was already going to attend that event. Nils said the price will be announced soon, but it should be right under $200. It may depend on Chikuhodo, but I think he's fighting to keep it at that price point. Go Nils!!

After I posted that I thought there may be a beauty show there. Not that there is anything wrong with Dallas but it is just not the usual East coast or West coast standard, which get everything. Thanks for the photos too. They look beautiful but the eye brushes don't look like something I need, or even want, and I need a cheek brush like I need a hole in my head. I think I'll pass and let another brush lover enjoy the set. I'll take that money and make my first order with Toshiya and jump on the Koyomo train.

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:54 pm

Oh Devin, you definitely need a Koyomo. I have all the cheek brushes and in my opinion, the hairs feel very similar, so I would get the one whose handle appeals to you most. The pink ones are an incredible value. I want to get the pink face Koyomo next.

Devin

Postby Devin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:33 am

Yeah Carlyn, I sent Toshiya the email this morning. I was reading yours and everyone else's comments on instagram and I decided on the pink Koyomo eye and cheek, plus a few other brushes. I am more of a brush user than a pure collector so I just can't justify 3-5 times the price of the pink ones (even though the handles are gorgeous) when the differences in the hair is negligible. I hope Toshiya gets back to me soon.

Carlyn

Postby Carlyn » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:42 am

I think that's wise Devin. I haven't used my Tsuki, Yuki or black Hana cheek brushes and probably won't ever, so I hope I'm done buying white haired brushes, although I do love looking at then and petting them. I do use the red Hana and pink Koyomo and I like the pink one better in terms of efficiency. Mine feels denser than the red Hana and the shape is more rounded. It's a fantastic brush, so very soft for ototsuho hair, better than a lot of saikoho. The eye brush is awesome too. I can't wait for you to try them. Sometimes Toshiya takes a few days to respond.

Aurora Borealis

Postby Aurora Borealis » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:00 am

Thank you so much to Gatos and Carlyn for sharing :D

I'm a bit on the fence about this set. As others have commented I'm not wow'ed by the shapes but I do like the handles (except the inscription). If they keep it under $200 and there is any sets left by the time I get a chance to order I might get it, but not gonna be too bothered if I miss out....

I would have liked to try the pink Koyomo (as everyone is liking it so much) if it was not pink! Any other color and I would have ordered the whole set, but baby pink is just not my thing

gatos

Postby gatos » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Aurora Borealis wrote: I would have liked to try the pink Koyomo (as everyone is liking it so much) if it was not pink! Any other color and I would have ordered the whole set, but baby pink is just not my thing

Not sure if the message will go through, but I mentioned this exact thing to Toshiya since he seems to have a good relationship with Koyomo, that they should really consider making the pink brushes with a black handle. I would be all over that and I am sure so would many others who are a bit put off by the pink. I hope they listen, I think it would make for a sexy brush ;)

Aurora Borealis

Postby Aurora Borealis » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:02 am

Thank you Gatos :D I just asked Toshiya about other colors (since you mentioned it) he said so far Koyomo has said no. But hopefully they change their mind, black handles are definitely more sexy

laura

Postby laura » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:53 am

I'm very excited about this collection, going to do everything in my power to get a set before they sell out. :D :pray: I'm fairly stressed about that. In fact, I hope they'll clearly announce what time will the online ordering start. I love the Sakura handles, as there's a very special place for cherry blossoms in my heart. I'm intrigued by the shapes as well, everything looks like something I'd definitely would like to use. I don't care for the Beautylish text on the handles, but it's not the end of the world as it is their collection. I just wish I had a relationship with the shop already, but they don't usually deliver to my country.

There's going to be a conference call to answer the questions 9:00am PT / 12pm ET (New York Time). I don't know how to access the call myself, as I'm not familiar with online calls and international could be expensive. They might announce the price during the call.

Return to “Make-up brushes”