SMT members brush pics and reviews

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

SMT members brush pics and reviews

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:14 pm

In my old blog's layout I had a page where you could see my friends makeup brushes. We are often after brushes that are not very known and not very photographed so it was a nice way to see what they looked like up close, compare them and discover even more of them.

Unfortunately, during the migration I lost the pictures that were related to this page : http://sweetmakeuptemptations.com/my-friends-brushes/ as you can see not much stayed there :( I am really sad that they were not imported successfully. It was a nightmare to try to repair all the links and for these I don't have them anymore in my possession.

If you would like to share pictures of your beautiful make up brushes with us, you can upload them in this post and reply to this thread.
The quotas of the pics are max size 256 kb per pic and max 3 attachments per reply.

This is not a post with a commercial advertising purpose, but just to enjoy and share what you have discovered, what you love and why. ;)
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

ngilland

Re: SMT members brush pics and reviews

Postby ngilland » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Here's mine! I took the picture at the end of July. Right now I have mostly Hakuhodo and Real Techniques, with a couple Urban Decay and Shiseido brushes thrown in. I'm also due to get an order from Hakuhodo with the J532, J214R and K008.

brushcollection.jpg
Brush Collection - July 2013
brushcollection.jpg (77.79 KiB) Viewed 18346 times

Top row: Hakuhodo - J104, G5521, G5538, J210, J5543, J212
Top row: Real Techiques - Buffing, Contour, Stippling; Urban Decay - Optical Blurring (x2); Shiseido Foundation Brush

Bottom row: Hakuhodo - fan, K007, J521, G5514, B533, G5528, G5507, G5523, J5523 (x2), J5529
Bottom row: Japonesque - lip, concealer; Real Techniques - Eyeliner, Eye Shading, Deluxe Crease, Brow; Mirra Brow; Target Eyeliner/Brow; Urban Decay 24/7 Blending Brush

Please feel free to ask any questions about any of them! It's still a small collection but I'm adding to it pretty steadily :-)
My little blog: www.adifferentface.net

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Here are my Brushes. Since sonia has reviews of most of these brushes its nothing really new but let me know if someone need a closer comparison pic or a comment about hair :D

Face and Highlighter Brushes from L to R : Koyudo Fupa 02, Mugen Brand Lovely round, Koyudo Fupa 01, Koyudo H008, Chikuhodo MK2, Chikuhodo Z1, Chikuhodo Z2, Hakuhodo G5518, Hakuhodo Kokutan Eye L

Blush Brushes from L to R: Hakuhodo G5552, Tom Ford Cheek, Hakuhodo G5519, Hakuhodo B505, Koyudo Red (LE),
Chikuhodo Z4, RMK Cheek, Chikuhodo PS2

This is the Koyudo vivid set from my friend (i ordered for her) and they are really short/small :D

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 am

@212kiki - I consider buying the Hakuhodo G5552. What do you think of its quality? I am uncertain if the stipling brushes in the J Series are of improved quality, but this one is not in the J Series. Does it perform well?

212kiki

Postby 212kiki » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:45 am

Jeanette wrote:@212kiki - I consider buying the Hakuhodo G5552. What do you think of its quality? I am uncertain if the stipling brushes in the J Series are of improved quality, but this one is not in the J Series. Does it perform well?

I really like this for my Nars creme blush. I think all Hakuhodos should have a good quality ;)
The brush is really dense and firm against the skin but soft because of the synthetic hair. You can also use this for foundation but i dont want to use it for that ;) Here is also a good comment about that brush http://delicatehummingbird.blogspot.de/2011/10/hakuhodo-brushes-v.html

Devin

Postby Devin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Jeanette wrote:@212kiki - I consider buying the Hakuhodo G5552. What do you think of its quality? I am uncertain if the stipling brushes in the J Series are of improved quality, but this one is not in the J Series. Does it perform well?

I just received the G5552 today so this isn't an in depth review but the quality is outstanding. There is not a hair out of place and it is very soft. I bought it for cream blushes and I used it today. It provides a gorgeous finish and really blends the blush beautifully. I was debating about this brush but I am glad I bought it.

brushjunkie

Postby brushjunkie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:27 pm

[quote][/quote]

I have to stay out of this thread. Too dangeroussss. :D :shock: :pray: :snooty:
Bea
More of a brush hoarder than a brush user
https://www.facebook.com/pages/honeyjr/157851587703282

Michelle

Postby Michelle » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:02 pm

I bought the G5554 as they were out of the G5552 and it has never disappointed me! I mainly use it for cream blushes but have used for foundation at times.

Jeanette

Postby Jeanette » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:17 pm

Thank you all :ty:

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:35 pm

here's my current makeup brushes collection

---------------------------
hakuhodo brushes

koyudo brushes

lunasol brushes, RMK brushes, suqqu cheek brush, Kanebo sensai cheek brush, takeda brushes, Mizuho eyebrow brush,
Houkudou brushes ,shiseido brushes, MAQUILLAGE brush, ESPRIQUE brush, jill stuart brush, tenseido brushes

rouge bunny rouge brush, samantha chapman brushes, coastal scents brushes, smashbox brushes , sigma brushes,
Nars bruses, rae morris brush, Tom ford brushes

chikuhodo brushes and Tesshyu brushes

MAC brushes

its Friday!!!! Hope you all have a great weekend:)
Last edited by midnitedesire on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Make-up brushes”