SMT members brush pics and reviews

Upcoming releases, hit or miss, loves and hates, shopping, storage, organisation, any fluffy topic
Buggsiebee

Re: SMT members brush pics and reviews

Postby Buggsiebee » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:24 am

@ Whee!
NICE!!
I wasn't aware that one could order the Sbk brushes off the US site. How did you manage that?
Best you stay away from here if you want to continue to afford to eat every month :lol: The Hakuhodo brushes have lead to the ruin of many a savings account!
Where there's a brush addiction, there's an empty wallet :character-oldtimer:

Whee ! Confetti !!

Postby Whee ! Confetti !! » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:02 am

Yeah those are from the black version of the S100 series. When I discovered Hakuhodo, read about it and was on the Japanese website to finally pick up some brushes, I knew I wanted blue squirrel hair for powder brushes (I have dry and sensitive skin).

Then, it was only a matter of preferences about the handles... And I really didn't like the S100 vermillon series (sorry XD), the look was just "too much" for me. I hesitated a long time with the Kokutan series (that I find ridiculously photogenic XD) but I really had a crush on the S100 Black ! When I discovered the series was exclusive to Japan, I thought: "Typical ! I had to pick the ones not available to me !" *facepalm*

So I wrote to Hakuhodo Japan, they told me I could make a special request to order them from Hakuhodo USA and that's how I bought them. Of course it takes more time because Hakuhodo USA has to import them from Japan and then send it to me. I do have to wait a little, but I don't regret it ! :P
Whee ! Confetti !! - Where there's confetti, there's a party !

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:54 am

Buggsiebee wrote:@ Whee!
NICE!!
I wasn't aware that one could order the Sbk brushes off the US site. How did you manage that?
Best you stay away from here if you want to continue to afford to eat every month :lol: The Hakuhodo brushes have lead to the ruin of many a savings account!
Where there's a brush addiction, there's an empty wallet :character-oldtimer:

LOOOLLLL so TRUE Buggsie!!!! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: I wish it was only HAKU brushes, but unfortunately there are way too much temptations out there! and it has become dangerously easy to obtain almost every Japanese brushes :twisted:
My IG: @nluvsbeauty
Beauty is in the eye of the
brush hoarder ;-)

Buggsiebee

Postby Buggsiebee » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:42 am

Whee ! Confetti !! wrote:Yeah those are from the black version of the S100 series. When I discovered Hakuhodo, read about it and was on the Japanese website to finally pick up some brushes, I knew I wanted blue squirrel hair for powder brushes (I have dry and sensitive skin).

Then, it was only a matter of preferences about the handles... And I really didn't like the S100 vermillon series (sorry XD), the look was just "too much" for me. I hesitated a long time with the Kokutan series (that I find ridiculously photogenic XD) but I really had a crush on the S100 Black ! When I discovered the series was exclusive to Japan, I thought: "Typical ! I had to pick the ones not available to me !" *facepalm*

So I wrote to Hakuhodo Japan, they told me I could make a special request to order them from Hakuhodo USA and that's how I bought them. Of course it takes more time because Hakuhodo USA has to import them from Japan and then send it to me. I do have to wait a little, but I don't regret it ! :P

Whew, you went to quite an effort to get hold of your Hakuhodo black S series!
It's soooo exciting when you finally hold them in you hands after all the extra effort though.
The Hakuhodo customer service is so excellent. The really go out of their way to help.
Lucky for us :D

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 am

Whee ! Confetti !! wrote:Here is my beginner "collection" ! XD

These are my first "real brushes", the S102Bk & S111Bk and I'm in love with them. When I received them I kept on brushing my face with them haha !
I just ordered two more from Hakuhodo USA: The S5557Bk (which is basically the G5557 but with the S100Bk series handle) and the S133Bk

Me too! I just have a weakness for black-gold and squirrel soft :) and they are both absolutely beautiful !!!

Michelle

Postby Michelle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:54 am

0.jpg
0.jpg (5.65 KiB) Viewed 5802 times

My Koyudo order FINALLY arrived. I ordered it January 17th and I will say seeing a box on my stoop after a very stressful day at work always makes me feel better! :mrgreen:

Michelle

Postby Michelle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:56 am

Michelle wrote:
0.jpg

My Koyudo order FINALLY arrived. I ordered it January 17th and I will say seeing a box on my stoop after a very stressful day at work always makes me feel better! :mrgreen:

oh and the BP030- can not believe how soft it is. My NARS one always irritated my eyes and poked my lids. This one is THAT good!

midnitedesire

Postby midnitedesire » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Michelle wrote:
0.jpg

Ouch Michelle :clap: ,your koyudos family is growing nicely! real nicely

Gladys L.

Postby Gladys L. » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:28 pm

Whee ! Confetti !! wrote:Here is my beginner "collection" ! XD

These are my first "real brushes", the S102Bk & S111Bk and I'm in love with them. When I received them I kept on brushing my face with them haha !
I just ordered two more from Hakuhodo USA: The S5557Bk (which is basically the G5557 but with the S100Bk series handle) and the S133Bk

I love these more than the red handles (difficulty in handling), but takashimaya in Osaka don't carry the black s series, I'll ask if my brother see a black one this time.

Michelle

Postby Michelle » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:49 pm

midnitedesire wrote:
Michelle wrote:
0.jpg

Ouch Michelle :clap: ,your koyudos family is growing nicely! real nicely

Slowly my collection is growing. Nothing compared to some of you ladies as the photos always amaze me. I love seeing everyones collections. My wish list for next order is ready, but i need to be good for a bit to recover from vacation.

Return to “Make-up brushes”