Cornelia [babycake390]

Before posting or replying, please introduce yourself to the SMT Community!
babycake390

Cornelia [babycake390]

Postby babycake390 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:28 am

Hi there, my name is Cornelia and I confess, I am addicted to the best addiction in the world - makeup brushes. Therefore, Sonia's bog SweetMakeupTemptations and forum is THE place to be for a girl like me.

I am Austrian, currently living in the UK (London).

My obsession with makeup brushes started early on with collecting a lot of MAC brushes for many years, which back in the days was the best brand of brushes I knew of. Although now, in a more modern world - with Bloggers and Vloggers - I started to learn about a whole new world of makeup brushes. Once I heard of the rumour about some fantastic makeup brushes from Japan (the godfather country of makeup brushes) my ears and eyes grew big ... bigger ... and bigger. Finally, in 2011 when my husband went on a trip to Japan I sent him to the Hakuhodo store in Tokyo with a rather long wishlist of makeup brushes I wanted to have. Obviously, my list was wayyyy too long, but he was kind enough to pick up some of my first Japanese handcrafted makeup brushes, which I still own, use and treasure a lot!!! Likewise with my husband who doesn't share but understands my obsession and he sometimes even helps me feeding it :) On days that need to be celebrated (Birthdays, Christmas etc) and on days that don't have a cause for special celebration, merely celebrating new makeup brushes :clap: . Anyhow, ever since then I was completely and utterly hooked and it didn't take long until some more of them followed into my collection. I have not bought any Mac brushes since.

Now, moving to London opened up once more a larger world of new brush obsessions ... I started collecting Suqqu, Chikuhodo, Tom Ford, Wayne Goss, Koyudo (thanks Sonia for introducing me to this brand) ... pretty much in this order :P

I am far NOT finished collecting some more precious goodies and even though my collection is not the largest I scream ... Houston, I have a problem ... I need them all!!! However .... :dance: you know what Houston screams back at me? ... Cornelia, you need them all!! One brush at the time :laughing-rolling:

That is my little brush story and actually thinking of it, my first high end makeup brush I ever bought was the Estee Lauder Powder Brush which I bought when I lived in Switzerland (makeup is VERY expensive in Switzerland!!!). I remember so well how shocked I was when I stood at the cashier desk to pay for it and was too afraid to say no. I bought a powder and a brush and remember paying CHF 195 Swiss Francs. Apparently that didn't stop me from getting more and more brushes :)) Well done little me :laughing-rolling:

babycake390

Re: My name is .... and I'm a brush-a-holic

Postby babycake390 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 pm

gatos wrote:Hello Cornelia and Myra! Welcome and I hope you enjoy yourselves around here, we are all nuts (which I am sure is no news to you :lol:) and always love meeting/enabling/being enabled by more brush junkies!

Thanks!!! Let's enable, enable and enable some more :)

decibelle

Re: Cornelia [babycake390]

Postby decibelle » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:36 am

Hello Cornelia!

I'm a longish-time lurker who only recently posted my first "Hello" here myself.

I have enjoyed your videos and found some helpful, so thank you for your efforts, and welcome from me. :)

Karla

Postby Karla » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Hello and welcome Cornelia!!
Japanese brushes are indeed the best in the world, i have just a few Japanese brushes as im just starting now but i love them soooo much that every time i see a girl at makeup counters looking for brushes i literally want to go and show them my Japanese brushes so they can now what a real good quality soft brushes are :D
I also really enjoy your videos SPECIALLY if they are makeup brush related, you are one of the few people who makes videos talking about Japanese makeup brushes, and i really apreciate that, thankyou, btw i just made a post introducing myself and i live in Houston tx :laughing-rolling:

Aurora Borealis

Postby Aurora Borealis » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:50 am

Welcome Cornelia :D I'm new on the Forum as well but in no doubt we will have some fun, although broke in the end.....

Tara

Postby Tara » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:58 am

Hi, Cornelia. :D I've been watching your videos and following your IG account for a while now. Glad to have you on this forum, where you will find the best enablers in the world!!!!! :dance: I am @picklejoos on IG, by the way...my account is private only for brush nuts. Send me a request if you like. I love sharing and seeing pictures of brushes from fellow brush addicts. :D

SoniaG_Admin
Site Admin

Postby SoniaG_Admin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:37 pm

Hey Cornelia!!
I am excited you registered here and can't wait to chat with you!
I totally get it about make up being expensive in Switzerland! I am relieved we found such an amazing quality and value in Kumano :dance:
Welcome!!! :ty:
---------------------------
Sonia - SMT admin - An obsession for make up brushes not exactly under control

hellofafa

Postby hellofafa » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:04 am

Hello and welcome, Cornelia! So excited to see you here being an avid viewer of your YT videos for some time now.

Loved reading your story and cannot wait to see more of your obsession and share the excitement with you.

lafemmedunette

Postby lafemmedunette » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:27 pm

Hello Cornelia!

I just want to say how much I love and admire your Youtube page for the last few years from afar. I was a quiet watcher, not commenting but always liking your videos and re-watching them hundreds of times! Every time you shared a new brush, your makeup and your adventures in Japan, I was thrilled!!!! Thank you so much for introducing me to Koyomo, Koyudo and FudeJapan! You are a lovely amazing goddess to me!

:romance-admire:
IG: lafemmedunette

Return to “Welcome thread”